Daredevil - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
- 7 Encounter Specific Tips
- 8 Build Template
- The power DPS raid build for Daredevil. This is an easy to play build that mostly dodges and autoattacks for high multi-target damage. Due to evading for most of its rotation, it can easily avoid boss attacks. It also has very high mobility, and provides high utility to its squad with and various raid boss stolen skills.
- This guide is focused on raids. For the fractal version see Daredevil - Power DPS (Fractal).
- for a relatively weak but continuous healing effect.
- if you need an extra evade, or for fights that have a lot of movement impairing conditions.
- for breakbar damage during encounters where gets wasted on adds.
- for extra burst damage.
- if you're having trouble surviving. This is a ~10% DPS loss.
- Use for mobility between encounters.
- Use if you need extra condition cleanses.
- Use if you want some more consistent endurance, particularly if using .
- If your Druid doesn't run use Assassin's leggings and an Assassin's ring.
- Your second weapon set is optional as you should not be swapping weapons as part of your DPS rotation - shortbow for the extra mobility from or a set with offhand pistol for access to in emergencies are both common choices.
The Daredevil rotation consists of two major parts: the signet burst, and the looping rotation. You open with the signet burst, then repeat the looping rotation until is available for your next signet burst.
The idea of the signet burst is to deal as much damage as possible with and while under the effects of the active cast and . The looping rotation deals consistent damage by maintaining and while allowing your initiative to slowly recharge. This allows you to perform the next signet burst with max initiative.
- before you land the dodge
- Use any additional s you can fit in before you are either out of initiative or gain an endurance bar
- Use your signet burst again when comes off cooldown.
- If is about to come off cooldown but you will only have half a bar of endurance or less when it does, use to immediately get endurance to perform the signet burst.
- Try to dodge off cooldown, keeping no dodge bars left, to maximize uptime.
- Be careful not to leave yourself without enough endurance to dodge major attacks - downstate is the biggest DPS loss of them all! You can leave one emergency dodge bar up for a ~5% dps loss while getting accustomed to the build.
- Generally you should avoid interrupting your autochain when possible, as the third skill does a lot of damage. If you get a dodge bar mid-chain, you can dodge and then finish the chain after you land, before using .
- Always flank the boss to get the +7% critical chance bonus from .
- When it comes to fighting actual bosses where positioning matters, you may have to manage where your dodge ends so that you aren't forced into a bad spot.
- For example, if you dodge through Artsariiv, you will be in a purple damaging AoE. Here you would have to dodge to the side or stand at the side of her so dodging through her will land you on the other side of her which is safe.
- On other stationary bosses you might want to rotate your camera 180° every single time you dodge through them, so you maintain flanking by dodging on either side of the boss. For these cases you may want to walk back slightly while autoattacking so that you don't miss the damage from your dodge or end up being at an awkward distance from the boss (especially if the boss moves occasionally).
- may animation lock you, it cannot be canceled with a dodge or weapon stow. Be sure to watch boss mechanics so that you are not hit while animation locked - you can delay during the looping rotation, or switch it with , if you anticipate that you need to move or jump a mechanic.
- You can use or as evades if you're out of dodges.
- Use with nearby allies to break defiance bars.
Encounter Specific Tips
- The stolen skill from this boss is Unstable Artifact which can be used to save downs or recover from getting ported by blue circles.
- If your team needs you to cover green circles, use .
- Coordinate with your Chronomancers so you don't waste your elite skills on the same breakbar.
- Consider equipping a shortbow, , and/or using .
- The stolen skill from this boss is Unstable Artifact which can be used to shadowstep between adds during the split phase.
- Be careful using while the breakbar is active to not get killed by Gorseval's Retaliation.
- You can take to continue doing your rotation more comfortably during Gorseval's Retaliation.
- You can use for blocking projectiles and extra blinds.
- Consider equipping Sword/Pistol to gain access to for AoE blinds.
- The stolen skill from Sabetha is Unstable Artifact which can be used to shadowstep to the launch pads.
- The stolen skill from the split phase champions is Throw Magnetic Bomb which is a DPS increase.
- If you are clearing cannons, or are a backup, you can use Unstable Artifact or to reach the platforms faster.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Soul Stone Venom which can be used to cleanse Slothasor's fear.
- You can bring to break Slothasor's fear, and to block its high damaging attacks.
- When fixated try not to move through the boss with .
- The stolen skill from the champions is Throw Magnetic Bomb which can be used to do mortars.
- If you are doing mortars, use , , and Dagger/Pistol as your second weapon set. For the triple mortar spawn, you can use on the first target, on the second, and on the third. If you miss any of those skills, swap to Dagger/Pistol and use
- You can use for mobility around the room.
- will work on the breakbar but can be wasted by squadmates on Matthias or the ice patches. You can choose to run instead.
- If CC is an issue, you can bring instead of .
- You can activate
Stronghold of the Faithful
- If you are going on the towers, consider equipping a Short bow to traverse the cave easier.
- Use for blocking projectiles, extra blinds, and AoE stealth.
- You can use to hit up to five targets at once.
- The Twisted Castle is mostly movement based. Consider equipping a shortbow and/or using .
- You can use to hit up to five targets at once.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Soul Stone Venom which can be used as an emergency cleanse.
- Use for blocking projectiles, and extra blinds against Xera's minions.
Bastion of the Penitent
- The stolen skill from Cairn is Unstable Artifact, which can be used to shadowstep downed allies towards you.
- Note that the third part of your autoattack chain is a projectile reflect! Be careful not to reflect any of Cairn's projectiles. Cairn's projectiles only spawn at the edge of the circle drawn around him on the platform, so if you are stacked very closely on Cairn, you can avoid reflecting projectiles.
- The stolen skill from Mursaat Overseer is Detonate Plasma, which can be used to provide your squad with boons.
- Be careful when using that you do not end up in spikes.
- The stolen skill from Samarog and Guldhelm is Throw Magnetic Bomb. This can be both a DPS increase and used to help break the frequent breakbars.
- Use to help break Samarog's breakbars.
- The stolen skill from Deimos is Unstable Artifact which can be used to help immobilize prides. The stolen skill from the Sauls is Throw Magnetic Bomb which can be used to help with their breakbars, cleave prides and greeds, or a DPS increase.
- Since you may not have dodges available, be careful that you do not get launched by Deimos's attacks. You can choose to keep an extra dodge bar for these, delay your dodge to align with them, or use as an emergency dodge.
Hall of Chains
- The stolen skill from Dhuum is Unstable Artifact, which can be a lifesaver by porting downed players to yourself, or used for mobility, e.g. during Soul Split or to get to a green if you need to do them.
- , when used, cleanses 3 conditions from yourself and allies and refills endurance. Be sure to use it if conditions are not being cleansed after each Greater Death Mark.
- Conjured Amalgamate itself does not have a stolen skill, however its adds do. Conjured Swords give Unstable Artifact and Conjured Shields give Throw Magnetic Bomb. The latter in particular is extremely useful for CCing and cleaving down Conjured Shields as well as being a DPS increase during the burst phases.
- Use to cleave down Conjured Swords and Conjured Shields if needed.
- Take instead of . Being able to use stolen skills twice here is extremely powerful.
- The stolen skill from the Pyres, Ancient Invoked Hydra, and Wyvern Matriarch is Detonate Plasma. The stolen skill from Qadim, Apocalypse Bringer, and Wyvern Patriarch is Throw Magnetic Bomb.
- Steal from the pyres before every DPS phase to give your squad boons immediately with Detonate Plasma. Since you can use them twice, use it once for the pyre group and once on Qadim.
- Use Throw Magnetic Bomb to cleave the Lava Elementals and help break the frequent breakbars. If you are doing the Lamp, save at least one cast for the second and third lamps each. At the 100%-66% DPS phase, save at least one cast to help CC the Apocalypse Bringer. Once it appears, use it once, and if steal is off cooldown, steal again and it use to help break the three Reapers of Flesh that spawn.
- You can precast Basilisk Venom before the Apocalypse Bringer appears.
- should be able to one-shot groups of unprotected Lava Elementals if needed.
- If going into the lamp, save one Throw Magnetic Bomb for both the second and third lamps. Use one one the Moas in the second lamp, and use one on the Dredge in the third lamp. Use on the Giants in the third lamp to blind them as they do a significant amount of damage otherwise.