Guardian - Radiant Greatsword (PvP)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP greatsword Guardian build which takes advantage of the crit chance buffs of the Radiance specialization to deliver massive bursts.
- can be considered if you're having trouble utilizing and want to squeeze out a bit more sustain or Retaliation from the build.
- Try to aid allies with as traited with it can break stun and apply stability among other things.
- is refreshed after each kill so make sure you always have it on cooldown right before a kill. Using it also applies AoE Blind which can be useful for stomping or making high priority skills miss.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- Your virtues that aren't on CD can be (and should be) activated while channeling this elite.
- Don't blow until the last moment of the channel. Let it heal you as much as possible.
- Every utility skill is a meditation, therefore can be used both defensively and offensively thanks to the Fury and healing from .
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range. If you have Sigil of Agility on this set, always try to use it after swapping weapons to get the most out of it (except if you need to cleave a downed body, then use the quickness to auto attack).
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, Blind to make an important skill miss, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- is a ranged skill with great damage over time.
- is both an excellent defensive and offensive skill (more about that below). As far as defense goes, this can be used to block important attacks even while stunned. Always try to use it in a symbol (a Light field) for AoE condition cleansing.
- is the main burst skill in the build, make sure it lands - do an unexpected ranged burst with , or use it after pulling targets in with .
- When in combat, always try to combo in a Light field such as for Light Aura. Few things to note when using this for mobility:
- If you're OOC (out of combat), swap weapons just before the leap finishes in order to cancel the final part of the skill which would otherwise bring you to a halt.
- In combat this can be used for jumping away from the fight to avoid damage. To do that simply just detarget (click anywhere on your screen that's not an enemy player) before using the skill, and make sure that auto-targetting is disabled.
- is useful even when the target has Stability and thus cannot be pulled. The damage over time part of this skill is decent, and you could time it in a way that the target's stability runs out before binding blade does, allowing you to pull them in later. Note: the skill itself can be dodged, but once the blades are attached, you can pull targets out of any kind of evade frame! Last but not least, the blades seek out enemies even if they are Stealthed.
Main burst combo (preferably executed from a safe distance):
- If possible, have an active Aegis to gain the damage bonus from.
- should be activated before the combo. Try not to get hit because you'll need it to explode for damage. Wait until only ~1 second remains of its duration then quickly proceed with the rest of the combo.
- Weapon Swap (in combat this also triggers your sigils).
- - start casting it from range.
- to teleport to the target right when WW starts doing damage.
- to gain Retaliation from
- adds a nice bit of extra damage.
- Boon removal (as it takes away much of the build's damage)