Guardian - Radiant Hammer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP hammer Guardian build which takes advantage of the crit chance buffs of the Radiance specialization to deliver massive bursts.
Archival note: fell out of use after the nerfs, inferior to GS version.
- can be considered if you're having trouble utilizing and want to squeeze out a bit more sustain or Retaliation from the build.
- Try to aid allies with as traited with it can break stun and apply stability among other things.
- is refreshed after each kill so make sure you always have it on cooldown right before a kill. Using it also applies AoE Blind which can be useful for stomping or making high priority skills miss.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- Your virtues that aren't on CD can be (and should be) activated while channeling this elite.
- Don't blow until the last moment of the channel. Let it heal you as much as possible.
- Every utility skill is a meditation, therefore can be used both defensively and offensively thanks to the Fury and healing from .
- Hammer provides various different CCs namely immobilize, launch and a ward, making it possible to decap enemy points.
- The auto attack chain is rather slow but ends with a powerful symbol which applies Protection.
- Spam pretty much on CD. Combo it with symbols as often as possible for AoE condition removal. This should be the first skill you use after swapping to this weapon, unless you really need to CC someone.
- is rather self-explanatory, use it to root people into important skills (most notably and ) or to keep them off the capture point a bit longer.
- Keep in mind that this is a projectile and can be reflected or negated accordingly.
- works on downed bodies which can be useful for disrupting rez attempts or just knocking enemies off-point to bleed them out (thus delaying their respawn) while you capture the objective.
- is a powerful area denial skill which can also be used to trap people inside it, even from range (with ). Enemies knocked back with Banish won't leave the field therefore it can be used to CC people without knocking them out of Glacial Blow's range.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range. If you have Sigil of Agility on this set, always try to use it after swapping weapons to get the most out of it (except if you need to cleave a downed body, then use the quickness to auto attack).
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, Blind to make an important skill miss, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- is a ranged skill with great damage over time.
- is both an excellent defensive and offensive skill (more about that below). As far as defense goes, this can be used to block important attacks even while stunned. Always try to use it in a symbol (a Light field) for AoE condition cleansing.
Main burst combo (preferably executed from a safe distance):
- If possible, have an active Aegis to gain the damage bonus from.
- should be activated before the combo. Try not to get hit because you'll need it to explode for damage. Wait until only ~1 second remains of its duration then quickly proceed with the rest of the combo.
- Weapon Swap (in combat this also triggers your sigils).
- - start casting it from range.
- to teleport to the target right before MB finishes its animation.
- (to gain Retaliation from ) should be used just before Mighty Blow lands.
- adds a nice bit of extra damage.
- Boon removal (as it takes away much of the build's damage)