Renegade - Diviner Renegade
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A power based Renegade build for WvW, centered around alacrity share, group support and direct damage. Offers permanent access to 10-man Alacrity and great group utility through Jalis and Mallyx while still retains all physical damage stats at the cost of lower effective power (damage) and harder energy management than Hammer Backline.
Swap Shiro (Assassin) out for Mallyx (Demon) to trade damage for group Resistance.
- stability removal with quickness uptime but less DPS.
- if might uptime is an issue.
- feast option with additional damage reduction.
- Keep in mind this setup gives ~78% Boon Duration and ~60% Crit Chance, due to both and , when changing gear.
- A gear combination (along with runes and sigils change) between Marauder, Berserker, Assassin and Diviner can be done to achieve different purposes like more damage, survivability and/or group support.
On Staff (over )
- for maximum damage output.
- cheaper option.
- frontline defensive option.
- for more group utility.
- Always try to swap legends when off cooldown to buff Fury, Might and Vigor and to reset your energy.
- Cast on cooldown to buff you and your allies with Alacrity. Position yourself to maximize the number of affected allies.
- provides decent AoE damage if the projectiles hit. Not recommended to use, unless there's an energy abundance.
- Cast on cooldown for Might if your group can't maintain 25 stacks.
Shiro (Legendary Assassin Stance)
- is a large DPS increase, bear in mind the energy consumption.
- is an excellent getaway tool that both breaks stuns and removes all movement impairing conditions, great for escaping
- is decent CC and damage, but mostly situational.
Jalis (Legendary Dwarf Stance)
- reduces incoming damage and brings a powerful DPS potential when paired with spam.
- Try to time to mitigate damage, don't simply use it as soon as you enter Dwarf stance.
- Try to have the buff up as engages begin, when an enemy player is being cleaved or a friendly player is being rezzed.
- does solid damage and gives pulsing Stability, try to place it in areas where allies and enemies will be clashing.
Mallyx (Legendary Demon Stance)
- breaks stuns and pays the energy cost at the start of the cast but only gives Resistance and pulls conditions at the end of the cast. Be careful to avoid interrupts.
- Keep an eye on your parties conditions using Party View as opposed to Squad View. Save your energy until allies have conditions that need removal, rather than casting preemptively.
- Increase the healing of by first using to pull conditions to yourself.
- will be used to repositioning and for extra CC.
- is your bread and butter damage skill, try to land it as often as possible.
- will only hit a maximum of 5 targets across all three pulses and increases in damage the further the pulse is from you. Try to hit with the second or third pulse rather than the first when possible.
- gives a 1.25s Evade frame and a Blast Finisher, be careful not to get caught behind your group while casting this skill.
- You can through traps and marks to activate them without taking any damage.
- has a long cast time, so try to predict where the enemies will go or use it on stationary targets like downed players that the enemy will move on to.
- Use to shield yourself from projectiles.
- is a blast finisher, heals and also cleanses conditions.
- Avoid damage with .
- Use to disrupt players trying to finish/revive downs.
- Skill usage is reliant on energy management.
- Potential to be locked into the wrong stance at the wrong time.