Berserker - Power DPS
This is a placeholder build that was useful in the past. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Direct damage
A fresh iteration of the Heart of Thorns era build, Power Berserker. This version has strong burst and sustained damage from spamming in .
- or can replace or . This will provide more burst DPS through , but will be lower DPS long-term so you'll need to know what your phase times will be. Therefore this is more viable in fractals than in raids.
- If the target has boons, run .
- for more DPS if you're confident in your rotation and quickness/alacrity uptime. This offers ~500 more DPS.
- If you do not have stat infusions, also use Assassin stats shoulders, hands or feet.
- Depending on your ability to flank, you may be better off running or even . In such cases you will need to increase the number of assassin pieces to make up for the lost precision. This is particularly relevant in fractals, where it can be very difficult to flank your targets.
- In fractals, you will want to replace the with a .
- , or ascended versions
The rotation aims to get as many casts of and off during mode as possible. Effectively, this means that while on Axe/Axe you cast followed by a combination of skills that gets you back to 10 Adrenaline to recast .
- - make sure to let the entire attack finish!
- Weapon Swap
- during Arc Divider
- - if you want to save Wild Blow for CC, use here instead
- - Make sure the final hit goes through or you may not have enough adrenaline for Arc Divider
- Weapon Swap
- - the extra adrenaline from means you can immediately Decapitate after this
- Weapon Swap
- Return to start of Greatsword section
Whenever you re-enter berserk while already at full adrenaline, do the following:
In the event that is not available, delay the swap to Greatsword and follow the Axe priority list until it is.
- You can manually weapon stow (or weapon swap) immediately after the third hit of to shave ~0.25s off the cast time. This may not seem like much, but it is essential to staying in Berserk if you're using .
- If you have trouble memorising the Axe section, it may be helpful to think of it as a priority list to build adrenaline for your next :
- When is almost off cooldown, use your remaining axe skills (make sure to be at full adrenaline) and Weapon Swap instead of .
- All your Rage skills extend the duration of Berserk, which means it is important to use them as soon as they are available to avoid dropping out of Berserk.
- This involves using , and to maintain damage rather than a stunbreak/CC.
- The second time you enter Berserk, you should already be at full adrenaline so you use ⇒ after entering Berserk instead. This means your second Berserk has a longer duration and is easier to maintain.
- Generally you shouldn't be auto-attacking while mode is active.
Outside of Berserk
- Stay on Axe when you're not in Berserk, but as isn't available you should just use your Axe skills as they come off cooldown.
- Try to complete your Axe auto chains when not in Berserk.
- Do not use your rage skills whilst outside of Berserk.
- Use as soon as it is available.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium