Bladesworn - Power Shoutsworn Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A high sustain, high mobility WvW Bladesworn build for roaming with decent damage, centered around shouts.
- Crit chance is very important for the build, going for Precise WvW Infusion instead of Mighty is worth considering.
- over - if you're struggling against condition builds this should help.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - a very strong defensive option which improves your already great endurance regen. Even has synergy with Might related traits and the Strength line in general.
- Budget version:
- or , whichever is cheaper at the moment.
Elite specialization basics
- Warriors who spec Bladesworn lose access to weapon swapping in combat but gain access to the Gunblade, which works a bit like an Engineer kit (F1 by default).
- Instead of Adrenaline you build Flow in combat. If you have enough Flow you gain access to (F2), which roots you in place and starts consuming Flow when used. Dragon Trigger empowers your Gunblade skills. The more Flow you consume, the stronger the first 3 skills get. These 3 skills are the main source of your burst damage.
- While swapping in and out of Gunblade has a 10s CD, this can sometimes be bypassed. Dragon Trigger is on a separate CD and using it puts you back into Gunblade mode.
- Gunblade isn't a very complicated weapon. 1-4 are damaging skills and 5 is for mobility/ Fury application. Skills 1-2 are melee, 3 is ranged, 4 works in both. Spam them in whatever order you wish if they're not on CD.
- The 3 Dragon Trigger burst skills are:
- Dragon Slash - Force: replaces the autoattack, melee cleave.
- Dragon Slash - Boost: replaces skill 2, a gap closer/mobility skill with good damage.
- Dragon Slash - Reach: replaces skill 3, ranged projectile attack.
- While dragon trigger is active, Gunblade skill #5 turns into a ground targeted teleport. While the range is short, this could still allow you to reposition yourself in a way to hit targets who escaped to the highground or are hiding behind a pillar.
- makes it easier to land Dragon Trigger skills by giving you Blind immunity while also making it more threatening by adding a Stun.
- Axe/Warhorn is more of a defensive set by comparison, but is an excellent finishing move against low HP targets even from range. It's quick and does high damage.
- is both a defensive and offensive skill. You can either use it to heal/cleanse yourself and your team or boost your damage depending on the situation.
- Use Warhorn #4 on CD to maintain permanent Swiftness.
- Every source of Might application heals you thanks to and , turning otherwise damage focused skills like into healing skills.
- is a very important part of your survival kit, giving you barrier whenever you use the last charge of an ammo skill. This includes all of your shouts, , Gunblade skills and even .
- This trait heavily encourages you to spam Gunblade skills to make sure you don't build up multiple charges. If every charge is your last one, this trait keeps the procs rolling.
- adds not only sustain but also group healing to the build, making all of your utility skills stronger.
- turns every shout skill into a source of condition cleansing.
- gives one charge to all of the aforementioned ammo skills and makes your next Dragon Trigger stronger. It's primarily a defensive skill, make sure your heal and shouts don't have 2 charges before using this.
- Be careful with the timing of ! The charges don't stack, if you use the second one before the first heal goes off the first one won't heal you.
- Your best source of condition cleansing is also one of your your only stun breaks: so plan your CD management accordingly.
- A lesser version of this skill procs from .
- is the best skill in the build for surviving Power based damage, even allowing you to tank some enemy burst while counter pressuring them. It's also a stun break, so if you're not under any condition pressure you might want to use this first before resorting to later.
- on Warhorn provides much needed cleansing while offering useful boons and barrier for you and your team.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade