Catalyst - Power Catalyst
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: Open World and Open World General
Power Catalyst is a mid-ranged Elementalist build that focuses on high burst damage and extremely high damage to bosses while potentially providing a large amounts of Might, Fury, Protection and Resolution to itself and the group. In addition It can trade damage to provide Quickness via the trait , becoming a potent boon support build.
- - Passive healing.
- - Trades upfront healing for healing/cleanse over time.
- - Damage conjure for large bosses.
- - for a block and stunbreak on demand at the cost of damage.
- - instant mobility.
- - The Fire elemental is less DPS potential than Fiery Greatsword but simpler to use. Can also be used in earth for a tanky frontline or water for extra healing.
- - For passive CC at the cost of some damage
- - Increased damage against Champions and other defiant foes.
- - Trades damage for access to Quickness and other additional boons. Also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere for ease of use.
- - Increases Jade Sphere boon duration and is a more reliable option than
Arcane can offer more boon duration and burst damage when you are supplied with many boons thanks to , which means higher DPS in some situations. It also lowers the cooldown of the jade sphere.
- - Gain when using an elite skill. This is most useful when using since the command skill for the elemental also counts as an elite skill (be aware of the 20s ICD).
- - CD reduction of Arcane skills and adds Immobilize in Earth Attunement for easier stacking of elemental empowerment via .
Important Notes on VS :
- is a large boost to damage, however it has no effect when not at maximum stacks of which can be difficult to maintain.
- is a more generally useful trait, greatly increasing boon output and is recommended if also using .
Ascended gear is not required.
- Diviner - For additional boon duration if playing the boon support build with .
- Knight - defensive trinkets
- Marauder and/or Dragon_stats - defensive prefixes, be aware of crit cap when mixing these stats.
- Assassin - used to fine-tune crit chance.
- Elementalist is a low-health class, so having a jade bot core helps with survivability a lot; the higher the tier, the better!
- , - budget runes
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- - DPS
- In open world,you can play at 600 range when alternating between + .
- Make sure to use in to gain two additional stacks of upon casting its active skill Stomp.
- The rotation for group content is a simplified variant (only using , & ) that will get you within 10% of the current benchmark and loops nicely.
- Start in , then swap to and then to , and repeat.
- The pattern in the respective element is always similar: always use Hammer 2, then Hammer 3 while 2 is casting and then use the Sphere and finish with hammer 5 to make use of the combo field. Avoid using + for damage purposes.
- Stay in until is available a second time. Use in and reactivate as soon as possible to maintain the 10% damage buff.
- Your main sources of CC are and as well as soft CC through Weakness, Cripple and Blinded
- is a large self-knockback that can put you out of danger; it can, however, also put you into it when used at the wrong time.
- is a block on demand in .
- has a short cooldown and provides a very strong heal and boons, so make use of it.
- Detailed explanations on the general usage and the rotation are given down below.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium