Catalyst - Power Catalyst

The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great

Focused on: Strike damage

Designed for: Open World and Open World General

Expansions required: End of Dragons builds

This build was last updated on September 08, 2022 and is up to date for the June 30, 2022 game patch.


Overview

Power Catalyst is a mid-ranged Elementalist build that focuses on high burst damage and extremely high damage to bosses while potentially providing a large amounts of Might Might, Fury Fury, Protection Protection and Resolution Resolution to itself and the group. In addition It can trade damage to provide Quickness Quickness via the trait , becoming a potent boon support build.


Template Code

[&DQYfHSU6QzYXAQAAvgEAAFABAAByAAAAJgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]
Copy Template Code


Skill Bar

Hammer
Utility


Specializations


Equipment

Ascended gear is not required.

Head
Berserker
Shoulders
Berserker
Chest
Berserker
Hands
Berserker
Legs
Berserker
Feet
Berserker
Backpiece
Berserker
Accessory
Berserker
Accessory
Berserker
Amulet
Berserker
Ring
Berserker
Ring
Berserker
Hammer
Berserker
Sigil
Sigil
Rune
x6



Consumables

Food
  • Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
  • - farming
  • - DPS
  • - defense
Utility
  • (and variants) - farming
  • - DPS


Usage

Damage/CC

  • In open world,you can play at 600 range when alternating between + .
  • Make sure to use in to gain two additional stacks of upon casting its active skill Stomp.
  • The rotation for group content is a simplified variant (only using , & ) that will get you within 10% of the current benchmark and loops nicely.
  • Start in , then swap to and then to , and repeat.
  • The pattern in the respective element is always similar: always use Hammer 2, then Hammer 3 while 2 is casting and then use the Sphere and finish with hammer 5 to make use of the combo field. Avoid using + for damage purposes.
  • Stay in until is available a second time. Use in and reactivate as soon as possible to maintain the 10% damage buff.
  • Your main sources of CC are and as well as soft CC through Weakness Weakness, Cripple Cripple and Blinded Blinded

Survivability

  • is a large self-knockback that can put you out of danger; it can, however, also put you into it when used at the wrong time.
  • is a block on demand in .
  • has a short cooldown and provides a very strong heal and boons, so make use of it.


  • Detailed explanations on the general usage and the rotation are given down below.

Guide Video (as of May 2022)


Variants

Skill Variants

Healing

  • - Passive healing.
  • - Trades upfront healing for healing/cleanse over time.
  • - Damage conjure for large bosses.

Utility

  • - for a block and stunbreak on demand at the cost of damage.
  • - instant mobility.

Elite

  • - The Fire elemental is less DPS potential than Fiery Greatsword but simpler to use. Can also be used in earth for a tanky frontline or water for extra healing.


Trait Options

  • - Lowers Conjure cooldowns and provides an additional aura when placing/picking up a conjure.
  • - For passive CC at the cost of some damage
  • - Additional Fury Fury and Swiftness Swiftness if needed.
  • - Trades damage for access to Quickness Quickness and other additional boons. Also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere for ease of use.
  • - Higher overall damage if you can maintain max empowerment stacks.


Arcane

Arcane can offer more boon duration and burst damage when you are supplied with many boons thanks to , which means higher DPS in some situations. It also lowers the cooldown of the jade sphere.

  • - Passive Defensive block/stunbreak
  • - CD reduction of Arcane skills and adds Immobilize Immobilize in Earth Attunement for easier stacking of elemental empowerment via


Variant Equipment

Gear

  • Diviner Diviner - For additional boon duration if playing the boon support build with .
  • Knight Knight - defensive trinkets
  • Marauder Marauder and/or Dragon_stats Dragon_stats - defensive prefixes, be aware of crit cap when mixing these stats.
  • Assassin Assassin - used to fine-tune crit chance.
  • Elementalist is a low-health class, so having a jade bot core helps with survivability a lot; the higher the tier, the better!

Runes

  • , - budget runes, use when using to not overcap on critical chance.


Ratings

This build has a rating of 5 stars based on 1 votes.
Log in or register to rate this build.
5 stars
MechaOG gave this build 5 stars • August 2022
Having tested the build for some time now, I can summarize it in 1 word... Reliable. It does take getting used to it a little, but once you get a hang of it, you hit like a freight train. The cleave on this build (and on the catalyst in general), is spectacular. Survivability can be an issue sometimes, but if you mix in pieces of marauder and dragon, you can easily get by without issues. You can mix them to make sure your critical cap is not reached. Remember, that you are aiming for a 90% crit chance with Fury. Hammer 3 on air gives you 10% for 15 sec. Elemental Empowerment (you have 3 while in combat at the minimum), gives you a nice top-up. If you can reliably have hammer 3 in air up almost all the time, then you won't have to worry and can even lower crit chance a bit more. One of the biggest thing with catalyst is, understanding combos. You put down many combo fields and have many finishers. Learning what each does, will allow a player to use the most out of this build. All in all, it is fun build to play and can easily go toe to toe with other classes.

Comments

Premium Membership
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade