Chronomancer - Power Chronoshatter
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Chronomancer power shatter build with exceptional burst made to +1 fights and gank targets, also teamfighting providing a lot a quickness to the table and aoe CC.
- over - improved CC, less shatter spam and worse survivability. Take on Domination.
- Pistol over Shield - depending on the situation could be a better CC than as it has a bigger range and the projectile travels faster, making it easier to land and better at pulling off spontaneous bursts. However it only stuns the first target while ToT is AoE and could hit the same target twice. By going Pistol you also give up valuable defensive cooldowns but gain more burst damage with lower CD skills.
- Torch over Shield - defensive weapon which offers more condition removal and adds Stealth access to the build. Of course the stealth could also be used to sneak up on targets and burst them.
All 3 traits are viable for the last slot:
- improves your already decent boon removal and awards you with a damage bonus for stripping targets clean.
- is the easiest trait to get value out of, increases your burst damage especially against CC'd targets.
- makes your CC skills even more punishing, rewards skillful interrupts (especially on enemy healing skills) and even increases your survivability a little by addings a source of Weakness to the build.
- - provides fury and might on CC.
- - higher burst potential, lower sustain.
Elite specialization basics
- Chronomancers gain access to (CS) in the F5 slot, a new shatter skill. CS only last a couple of seconds, extended by the clones shattered by its activation. Once it ends, your cooldowns and HP will reset back to what they were the moment you've entered Continuum Split. CS is usually used right before costly burst combos as it allows you to do an entire rotation and then repeat it once Continuum Split ends and your CDs reset.
- While your HP reverts back after CS (just like your CDs), any conditions or boons applied to you while CS was active is still going to be on you and your active Wells won't disappear either.
- Your regular shatter skills are replaced by new Chronomancer ones. These are very similar to old shatters in terms of functionality - for example the F1 still hits the hardest and F3 still Dazes.
- offers some nice passive healing but its true strength lies in the active. Being able to reduce the CD on for ranged damage or for added sustain via blocking lets you adapt to various situations on top of getting healed.
- has an okay passive but it's not worth holding onto as the active which resets all of your shatter CDs is much stronger. Extremely versatile skill which helps you react to situations accordingly whether you need damage, sustain or an interrupt.
- is great in just about any sitaution from disengaging from a fight to teleporting in for a quick melee burst.
- is just as good offensively as it is defensively, in fact it's often used to counterpressure enemies who jump you. Being a stun break which also breaks enemy targeting it's useful when you're getting focused by the enemy team and other defensive skills are on CD, and the 2 clones can be shattered immediately for burst damage (or a longer even). Alternatively if you're looking to do a quick burst feel free to use this skill to get your clone count up to 2 instantly, right before using a shatter skill.
- The following burst combo is the backbone of the entire build: ⇒ ⇒
- This is best used in melee range in order to make (MB) harder to anticipate and to benefit from the Might from the bounces.
- The first bounce of MB creates a clone, you should use (for maximum damage) or (if Split Second is on CD) to shatter it for burst damage.
- Follow up with as soon as you can.
- This combo can be extended and improved by many other skills in the build, including:
- Rooting people with Sword/Shield's or before the combo is highly recommended as it makes the combo harder to avoid even if they see it coming. works well too.
- before the combo could soften up targets, force a dodge, or just in general provide 2 extra clones for shatters once the Phantasms expire.
- between Mirror Blade and before you shatter instantly adds 2 extra clones for higher burst.
- Using right before the combo lets you repeat your burst in case the target survived the first one.
- could be used to interrupt the enemy if they're trying to heal, or knock away teammates who are coming in to rez them.
- Sword/Shield is more of a defensive set, but it does have decent clone generation and some CC to set up shatters if you want to.
- is your filler shatter. The damage isn't great but it's better than nothing, and the boonrip from could soften up targets for your main burst (or just get rid of Stability if you need to interrupt something}.
- is an ammo skill with 2 charges. With the help of you could do 2 back-to-back shatter combos as it immediately grants you 2 clones which you can shatter using the 2nd Split Second.
Extended burst combo example:
- right before you finish casting Gravity Well (to get the most out of Continuum Split's short duration)
- Exit CS, repeat from step one
- Survivability is rather low, the best you can do is not get hit.
- Keep your distance between burst combos as much as possible, but getting into melee range is inevitable as that's where your combos are the deadliest.
- Use , and to survive pressure. CC can buy you a couple of seconds too and works wonders against less mobile enemies.
- If you absolutely have to, even could be used defensively. It reverts your HP back once it ends, so if you can activate it right before taking damage then it acts like a healing skill with a delay. You'll also be returned to your original position, allowing you to pull off things like using CS before jumping off a wall and teleporting back with once the enemies jumped after you. This however is a bit predictable and could even backfire, as you're inevitably going to return to your starting position in a few seconds so they could just wait it out and burst you when CS ends.
- Facing condition specs requires a great deal of attention as your condition management is limited to and 's damage prevention.
- The best defense is often a good offense. Many of your defensive skills are also great at setting up burst. Let's say a Revenant is about to jump you with , simply drop a under your feet and capitalize on the CC with a GS burst combo. Or a Thief just opened on you from Stealth and you need to react quickly, do a + + combo for instant counterpressure while also evading their attacks.
- Twitch: RIP
- Twitch: Shorts
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium