Dragonhunter - Turbo Trapper
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Dragonhunter build made to burst targets with and Traps.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- - AoE burst skill on relatively low CD, could also have synergy with .
- - excellent defensive skill that cleanses all conditions and breaks stun.
- - better condition cleansing.
- Axe over Sword - adds another CC to the build that could be used in the push/pull combos, but Axe has long CDs and less damage/mobility than Sword. It's also less defensive than Sword, but the CC could compensate for that in some cases.
- also works, it's a great source of Stability and the trait's damage modifier has strong synergy with various burst combos built around CC.
- - while this relic could potentially give you higher uptime of 10% extra damage than Brawler, you need to be in melee to proc this rune which makes Brawler more ideal for ranged bursts. Dragonhunter relic works really well with the + pull/knockback combos while Brawler is perfect for + Longbow bursts as SoJ gives Resolution via .
- Try to stay in range, keep your distance whenever possible.
- is a decent defensive skill because it's an instant source of Protection that can also be used while CC'd.
- is unblockable and may even be used to interrupt blocking skills.
- removes 2 conditions and provides a substantial amount of healing for you and your teammates. It's also an excellent mobility tool in combat and a good way of repositioning yourself.
- breaks stun and blocks all attacks in front of you, use it to relieve pressure from yourself and your team - for example, you can stand facing foes attempting to cleave downed teammates while you or your team is reviving them.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great panic button when you're being focused by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left, but Dragonhunter virtues have cast times so any virtues you didn't use before RF will go to waste.
- The ring created by deals more damage than the initial trigger, and a significant portion of your burst damage comes from pulling/pushing foes through it.
- Drop the trap preferably at your target's feet so that they spring it immediately and not after you already blew a CC. Consider jumping in with if they are far away.
- Push them out of the ring with either or .
- Pull them back in with (chain skill of ).
- If possible, swap weapons and use the remaining knockback skill too that you didn't 2 steps before.
- You deal extra damage to enemies affected by , so consider using it before hard hitting skills like .
- Resolution increases your critical strike chance via . This boon is extremely important to have while unloading your hardest hitting skills! You may obtain it boon from every Virtue skill as well as the enhanced .
- There's a delay on , the final strike doesn't go off immediately after you finish channeling the skill. This leaves you enough time to pull targets in with to make sure they get hit and can't dodge nor leave before the skill finishes and the rings trap them inside. The final strike of this skill also does heavy damage.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range.
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- Use when you or an ally is about to be focused by the enemy, or if you're already pressured. It also applies boons in a cone, try to aim it at as many allies as possible.
- As mentioned above, is mainly a combo tool, but you can also use it for general CC (even neutralizing enemy points) or to defend against some ranged attacks. It forms a dome around you for a couple of seconds, blocking projectiles. You can choose to detonate the dome with its chain skill, which will cause a bit of AoE healing.
- Twitch: Azzardome
- Twitch: Boyce
- Twitch: NotoriousNaru
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium