Druid - Decap Druid
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A tanky Druid build for PvP that's meant to win capture points over time by spamming knockbacks.
Archival note: fell out of use after some nerfs to CC
- over - a good pick if direct damage is a bigger problem in the matchup than condition damage, but you do give up a stun break and some passive healing for it.
- Wolf over Smokescale - the Fear on Wolf's F2 ability adds another skill to the build that could remove enemies from capture points.
- Your role is simple: look for 1v1s, keep knocking people off the capture point and root them while outside, then repeat. Win the cap over time without having to kill your opponent. Focus on knockbacks and survival.
- is a very versatile trait beyond just reducing the CD of your knockbacks:
- This trait procs even when swapping into and can be used to get some extra healing out of the build, mostly via .
- With you can squeeze out some extra mobility from Greatsword while leaving a fight.
- Set your pet to avoid combat and manage it manually! This is especially important for Jacaranda, because the first attack it does is an AoE lightning strike that does damage in set intervals. You want the pet to begin attacking once the target is immobilized from one of your skills to get maximum value out of this skill.
- As a decap build, there are plenty of knockback skills in your arsenal to help push enemies off the point and slowly capture it:
- on Longbow.
- on Greatsword (chain sequence of skill #4).
- which is a utility skill. Note: normally this skill pushes foes away (which is what we want), but when used in it'll instead pull them in. Don't use this skill in Celestial Avatar unless you either desperately need to interrupt something or you're not standing on the point.
- The aforementioned skills should often be used right after swapping weapons in order to reduce their CD via .
- Once the target is outside the capture point you should use your many sources of Immobilize to keep them out as long as possible:
- which is a trait proc. The target is rooted when it's hit by either you or your pet while CC'd. Try landing hits after a knockback as soon as possible.
- , your elite skill.
- Jacaranda's Embrace, the Jacaranda pet's F2 ability.
- Aside from major cooldowns, condition cleansing in this build is limited mostly to staying inside .
- Being a Water Field, you can combo Healing Spring with skills like or for more healing.
- On the other hand there are plenty of passive ways of mitigating condition pressure: , and .
- Out of the 2 stun breaks in the build, use first unless conditions are killing you. Try to keep 's passive bonus going as long as possible. This signet provides both passive healing and (by extension) Astral Force building while not on CD.
- Usually survival is a bigger priority than holding a point - you can come back and neutralize it in seconds anyway. While Stealth does prevent capture point contribution, it can save your life in emergency situations.
- is the most straightforward way of getting Stealth.
- is a combo field created by Smokescale's F2 that you could utilize even in Celestial Avatar while healing yourself by making the pet drop it under you. With you could even stack AoE Stealth for allies
- Dodge rolling applies Protection, and Protection regenerates health via .
- Becomes available once you fill your Astral Force bar, which can be done mostly through healing, and to a lesser extent damage dealing.
- Entering removes a couple of conditions via . Even if you're not going to spend much time in this form, just entering for a brief moment is already a powerful sustain tool.
- should usually be used on cooldown. There's a bit of a delay between placing the seed and the cleanse going off, be sure to stand in it when it blossoms.
- is a quick and huge heal which also CCs enemies. As a Blast Finisher this has many other applications, for example blasting Seed of Life's Light Field results in AoE cleansing 1 condition.
- is very straightforward, just use it to heal yourself and allies if you're not taking too much damage during the channeling.
- is excellent for cleaving downed enemies. Note: this skill can be used defensively just for the Stability alone. The channeling can be interrupted by moving or weapon stowing, but the Stability will still remain - you can use that to safely cast another skill if need be.
- Twitch: ROM
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium