Engineer - Core Grenadier
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Core Grenadier is a burst based F2P PvP build for Engineers who don't own the expansions, or simply want to play a decent core build. The objective of this build is to take down your enemies in team fights and +1's via the Grenade Kit.
- You can take Utility Goggles over Elixir B in case versatility is required more over damage buffs, it provides an active CC break, and a better matchup against builds who pulse/use Blind fields or skills, also it provides an alternative access to Revealed over taking Lock On via Analyze.
- Protection Injection provides a bit better sustain against CC bursts, but gives up significant Vigor uptime.
- Both other master-tier traits are viable. Lock On is extremely useful when fighting stealth reliant specs such as Deadeye, and Takedown Round is a strong passive proc which adds to your burst. If you wish to take any of these traits then using Superior Rune of the Lynx(1): +25 Power (2): +35 Condition Damage (3): +50 Power (4): +65 Condition Damage (5): +100 Power (6): +25% Movement Speed
- for higher burst damage.
- for a better sustain against condition builds.
- The point of this build is to support your teammates at the backline of the fight bursting the enemy with your grenade setup, the build can also hold some 1V1's depending of the matchup.
- W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ Jump Shot,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶w̶a̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶ Grenade Kit,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶w̶a̶p̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶R̶i̶f̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶p̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶i̶f̶i̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶r̶o̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶e̶n̶g̶a̶g̶e̶s̶.̶
... Bug Fixed?
- Overcharged Shot will guarantuee a safe frame for hit a grenade skill safely, even if you recieve the Self-CC.
- Elixir B and Toss Elixir B will grant some defense against cc and a offensive buff to our damage.
- Elixir S Will help us set our burst engages thanks to Toss Elixir S, and both of them will help us survive or disengage our battles.
- You can use Elixir S for safe stomp your opponents, since it's an instant cast skill, this skill will not interrupt our Stomp Casts, and it will grant us a secure stomp most of the time.
- Blunderbuss ignores LoS, so the skill can hit opponents that are behind a wall, object, etc, as long as you are at the same ground level as him/them.
- Toss Elixir X ⇒ Overcharged Shot ⇒ Grenade Barrage ⇒ Shrapnel Grenade or Blunderbuss
- Overcharged Shot ⇒ Jump Shot ⇒ Blunderbuss (the order of the Jump Shot and the Blunderbuss can be swaped if you were already in melee range)
- Toss Elixir X (optional) ⇒ Elixir X ⇒ Seismic Leap ⇒ 24px Dash ⇒ Throw Boulder
- Projectile Hate.
- Enemies with better mobility than us, or enemies that can severely cripple our mobility.
- Other Ranged Builds.
Proof gameplay of the build in action, in case you were skeptical about this build just by the looks.