Engineer - Core Grenadier
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
Core Grenadier is a burst based F2P PvP build for Engineers who don't own the expansions, or simply want to play a decent core build. The objective of this build is to take down your enemies in team fights and +1's via the Grenade Kit.
For the optional utility skill, you should use the following options:
- as your general choice, good all around and the best enabler for Moa combos.
- against a team composition focused on condition damage.
- against a team composition with a lot of bunkering and/or support builds.
- can grant a DPS boost, but leaves you more vulnerable to CC.
- is highly recommended against team comps with plenty of Stealth, use it when:
- Thieves (of any spec)
- Rangers (of any spec)
- Mesmers (of any spec)
- Dragon Hunters conform the majority of the team composition.
- can offer a free DPS boost.
Note: If you're replacing , make sure to take for compensate the lack of Swiftness on the build.
At the cost of sustain, you can replace the Tools traitline for Firearms, for a DPS boost.
- if sustain is more important than damage.
- for a better sustain against condition builds.
- when not using .
- The point of this build is to support your teammates at the backline of the fight bursting the enemy with your grenade setup, the build can also hold some 1V1's depending of the matchup.
- Make sure to use in order to land safely land or any telegraphed skill such as .
- will guarantee a safe frame for hit a grenade skill safely.
- is a helpful way to start our combos, it gives the right timing to hit with , and to safely land and start a combo chain.
- offers Stability, use it for secure safe stomps.
- will help us to keep us clean for condi bursts, always use for clean small amount of conditions, and our main utility for cleanse when we are loaded from over 4 conditions at a time.
- is an instant cast skill, you can use it while performing a stomp in order to secure the kill.
- Always use the mode while transformed into a .
- Huge amounts of CC.
- Projectile hate.
- Focused pressure.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium