Engineer - Core Power Engineer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
A simple but strong power based Engineer build which can be a great starting point for those that do not have any of the expansions. This build can hold its own in most open world situations and is very easy to play.
- Healing Skills
requires a bit of skill to use as it provides a massive heal if you were to take lethal damage, but mediocre otherwise. Its toolbelt skill is also a useful CC . Other options can be considered.
- - good healing and condi cleanse when first cast. But the toolbelt skill is very mediocre.
- - large heal with . The kit also has condition cleanse, extra heal plus a water field, and defensive boons.
- Utility Skills
deals massive damage and you should never replace it, it is even stronger thanks to . requires a bit of skill to use to be constantly switching in and out of it, but provides good damage. is just a good stun break. You can replace Grenade Kit and Elixir U for other alternatives if you'd like.
- - for getting around faster. But provide no damage.
- - for tagging mobs in group events with .
- - good stun break with its toolbelt skill , healing with , and a backwards leap with .
- If you need extra crowd control (though Throw Mine already deals a lot) you can use .
- Elite Skills
provides a good mixture of utility and damage from 1500 range. can blind groups of trash mobs, and can slow them. also provides some healing. Other options can be considered.
- - AoE stun and damage. Amazing except for its long cooldown. cleanses all conditons when first used and then leaves health packs in the area.
- - defense at the cost of damage
- - swiftness at the cost of damage
Alchemy can replace Tools to massively reduce damage in exchange for lots of boons and defense.
- You will need to use more elixir to benefit from . Use , , , for its and ; and for .
Ascended gear is not required, exotic gear with the same stats will work.
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- (and variants)
- Spam , , , , and .
- When those are on cooldown, use your Grenade Kit for and , then go back to rifle.
- If you need really long damage you can use .
- Most enemies will just die before they can attack you. They will also struggle to even come close to you thanks to all your crowd control.
- can be used to continuously blind enemies, and to impede their movement. You can also use to push them away if it doesn't push them away from nearby melee range players.
- can be used to get out of trouble.
- - AoE stunbreak for your allies, and superspeed.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of. You have lots of Vigor so don't be shy to dodge.
- Your toolbelt skills remove conditions thanks to .
- will heal you for a lot if you were to take lethal damage in the next 8 seconds (duration increased thanks to ). But if you prefer a less risky heal skill you can use which also cleanses 2 conditions. You can pick the turret up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it 1 second after deploy to blast the water field for more healing.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you detonate it / pick it up and put it down again.
- provides a small amount of healing and creates a water combo field that you can blast for extra healing.
- provides a light field that you can blast to cleanse conditions.
- provides a little bit of healing.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium