Guardian - Burst Burning
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Guardian build designed for bursting with Burning while still doing some Power based damage.
For the optional slot:
- - great AoE damage and cleansing. Take on Virtues.
- - on-demand cleansing and healing on short CD.
- - if you're willing to sacrifice a significant chunk of your mobility for better burst damage.
- If you need more sustain, use and either on one set or both.
- lets you make shortcuts, for example teleporting up to midpoint on Battle of Khylo from outside of the building.
- Condition transfer (such as or ) can quickly turn the tides against you. Try to block line of sight after a burst to make them unable to transfer, or use if it guarantees the kill.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- Your virtues that aren't on CD can be (and should be) activated while channeling this elite.
- Don't blow until the last moment of the channel. Let it heal you as much as possible.
- turns meditations (2 of your utilities + the elite and heal skill) into even better defensive tools. There's another meditation which can proc from your heal via the trait which also turns your heal into a minor source of cleansing.
- is a ranged skill with great damage over time. Swapping weapons while this skill is active will proc your sigils on the target on the next tick.
- can be used to block important attacks even while stunned. Always try to use it in a symbol (a Light field) for AoE condition cleansing.
- General playstyle: part of the reason why this build isn't rated higher is due to the fact that it's relatively easy to shut down, as the only frequently accessible condition in the build is Burning with not much else to cover it from removal. Then of course the sustain's also on the lower end of the spectrum, so as a result you'll be exploiting the build's true strength - burst damage. You'll want to burst targets down before they get a chance to even react.
- Most of the damage will come passively from . A couple of things to note:
- Keep the active up as long as possible, use its active portion only as a final resort in case a Blind could save you.
- Thanks to the passive of this skill is greatly enhanced, especially when targets ball up. Let's say 2 enemies are reviving a downed teammate. If you hit 3 targets with 1 sword slash, the passive will immediately be charged and 1 stack of AoE Burning will be inflicted on all of them. Throw in a , passive, and a channel to top it off and this can quickly snowball into an entire team wipe for them in a matter of seconds.
- refreshes this skill upon killing an enemy, which means you should active it just before a downed target dies. Activating this virtue also blinds enemies around you, making it great for finishing off Guardians/Revenants/Warriors/Engineers/Rangers/Necromancers by blinding their downstate CC.
- - which can also trigger on crit from - is one of the strongest skills in the build. Note that the skill doesn't share a CD with the trait proc nor does it stack duration. The passive ticks are powerful enough already, but the true burst damage comes from throwing it at your target (preferably in melee as it's very easy to miss with) - usually you should wait until only 1-2 seconds remain of the passive before throwing it for maximum efficiency.
- If you want to do instant burst from range, start casting and teleport in with near the end of the channel.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade