Guardian - Burst Burning
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Guardian build designed for bursting with Burning while still doing some Power based damage.
- lets you make shortcuts, for example teleporting up to midpoint on Battle of Khylo from outside of the building.
- Condition transfer (such as or) can quickly turn the tides against you. Try to block line of sight after a burst to make them unable to transfer, or useif it guarantees the kill.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- Your virtues that aren't on CD can be (and should be) activated while channeling this elite.
- Don't blow until the last moment of the channel. Let it heal you as much as possible.
- turns meditations (2 of your utilities + the elite and heal skill) into even better defensive tools. There's another meditation which can proc from your heal via the traitwhich also turns your heal into a minor source of cleansing.
- is a ranged skill with great damage over time. Swapping weapons while this skill is active will proc your sigils on the target on the next tick.
- can be used to block important attacks even while stunned. Always try to use it in a symbol (a Light field) for AoE condition cleansing.
- General playstyle: part of the reason why this build isn't rated higher is due to the fact that it's relatively easy to shut down, as the only frequently accessible condition in the build is Burning with not much else to cover it from removal. Then of course the sustain's also on the lower end of the spectrum, so as a result you'll be exploiting the build's true strength - burst damage. You'll want to burst targets down before they get a chance to even react.
- Most of the damage will come passively from . A couple of things to note:
- Keep the active up as long as possible, use its active portion only as a final resort in case a Blind could save you.
- Thanks to the passive of this skill is greatly enhanced, especially when targets ball up. Let's say 2 enemies are reviving a downed teammate. If you hit 3 targets with 1 sword slash, the passive will immediately be charged and 1 stack of AoE Burning will be inflicted on all of them. Throw in a,passive, and achannel to top it off and this can quickly snowball into an entire team wipe for them in a matter of seconds.
- refreshes this skill upon killing an enemy, which means you should active it just before a downed target dies. Activating this virtue also blinds enemies around you, making it great for finishing off Guardians/Revenants/Warriors/Engineers/Rangers/Necromancers by blinding their downstate CC.
- applies 2 stacks of Burning on activation and then again every single time an enemy walks through it. These burn stacks are incredibly long and therefore should be used after the enemy wasted his cleanses. It's also a great defensive skill and provides great party utility in the form of AoE condition cleansing.
- It's large enough to cover an entire capture point on most maps, which actually isn't ideal. The field should be placed in a way that it cuts the point in half, making it harder for enemies not to cross it.
- When facing melee opponents try to kite them through the edge of the AoE whenever possible.
- - which can also trigger on crit from- is one of the strongest skills in the build. Note that the skill doesn't share a CD with the trait proc nor does it stack duration. The passive ticks are powerful enough already, but the true burst damage comes from throwing it at your target (preferably in melee as it's very easy to miss with) - usually you should wait until only 1-2 seconds remain of the passive before throwing it for maximum efficiency.
- If you want to do instant burst from range, start casting and teleport in withnear the end of the channel.
- If you want to do instant burst from range, start casting
- Heavy Condition pressure
- Condition transfer (Necro)
- Heavy CC