Guardian - Core Condition
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A basic and accessible core guardian build that possesses high DPS and excellent survivability. The Dire variant of this build is easily accessible to all core players and costs very little gold to gear.
- Great DPS
- Focus on Burns makes it a viable condition build for Core players
- Can build tanky and lose very little damage
- Can easily change build for more versatility
- Focus exclusively on burning can be annoying against Destroyers or Embers
- Squishy with glass-cannon gear
- Hard to change traits out without losing a lot of DPS.
- Greatsword - Can replace Sword/Focus for no other reason than fun.
- Staff - Decent option when running with a zerg
- Mace / Hammer - Avoid these.
- Healing Skills
- - provides a block and is a useful heal when you have trouble sustaining with Litany.
- Utility Skills
- - projectile hate
- - swiftness and aegis
- - retaliation and stability, along with a stunbreak
- - teleport and damage
- - condition cleanse and very high burning damage
- - long-duration stability
- - high CC against champions and projectile hate
- Elite Skills
- - strong defensive tool
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Sinister's - accessible alternative to Grieving
- Dire - defensive alternative
- Viper's / Trailblazer's - fine if you already have it, not recommended otherwise.
Alternative runes are not recommended.
Never replace your Smoldering sigil.
- - DPS alternative for if using gear with high crit chance
- - DPS alternative for if using gear with low crit chance
- - DPS/vit
- - Higher DPS when used with gear that has high crit chance
- Can't find such food "Bowl of Snow Truffle Soup"! Please refer to our food index. - budget option
- , - Dodges + Might
- - +Dmg, +Karma
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- is your bread and butter. Use it as often as possible
- Your symbols will charge your burning passive very quickly, try to keep mobs in them
- Use and then follow with , then throw .
- It's usually best to wait for your to proc first
- deals high damage and applies considerable Burning
- Standing inside your symbols gives you powerful boons
- Don't activate unless you know for certain a creature is about to die and reset its cooldown.
- Use off cooldown
- provides an on-demand block
- is a strong series of blocks
- is an area blind, but only use it when necessary or if you are about to get a kill to reset its cooldown via
- removes conditions and provides a small amount of healing.