Guardian - Core Power
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: Open World, Open World General and Open World Core
This is a very basic guardian build which is F2P/Core accessible and can handle most open world content.
- Scepter - ranged option
- Staff - good for event farming with a group
- - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- - grants more Resolution for boss fights where you can't proc much.
- - more crowd control.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- - alternative projectile defense option.
- - long-lasting swiftness while running.
- - Higher DPS than but at the cost of defenses.
Honor can be taken for more defense at the cost of damage. This should be taken in place of Virtues.
- - extreme condition cleanse
- If taking Honor, it's possible to swap for . This will provide somewhat more consistent DPS.
Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This setup uses basic, easily obtained equipment that performs very well in open world and is functional in endgame PVE.
- Use Knight trinkets for extra defense if required.
This set uses similar gear to Build:Dragonhunter_-_Power_DPS, making it a highly versatile setup for general PVE that performs very well in both open world and endgame PVE.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- Thanks to the Virtues traitline, you should be spamming as often as possible. Since it resets on kill, you can use it often for a significant damage boost.
- Your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Resolution is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main Resolution sources are , , , and
- resets off every kill thanks to .
- In long fights where you can't reset you can consider bringing and traiting .
- If you want more stacks of might; Consider using instead of . Choosing Either of them will not cost you any loss of damage.
- Try to fight enemies in your symbols to get the stacking damage buff from .
- If using , try not to get hit
- is a powerful defensive skill.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , and can be used against projectiles.
- Activating gives aegis, protection, Resolution, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run for more active defense.
- is a 3-second invulnerability skill that also refreshes and .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing, so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights.
- Use to heal yourself for each enemy you hit.
- When at extremely low health, activate , then use for an immense amount of self-healing.
- You can activate for an emergency heal and condition cleanse.
- For a big condition cleanse, use while in a light field.
- (as a last resort)
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium