Herald - Hammer Backline
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Power based Herald build for WvW. The utility of Glint, the mobility of Shiro and the damage of Hammer 2 allow this build to deal massive damage with great sustain.
Swap Mallyx(Demon) out for Shiro (Assassin) for easy escapes and mobility at the cost of the DPS increase from [Skill|Embrace the Darkness].
Swap Mallyx(Demon) out for Jalis (Dwarf) to trade damage and resistance for AoE and group damage reduction.
- Brutality constant stability removal with quickness uptime but less DPS.
- Spirit Boon if might isn't an issue
Retribution brings powerful incoming damage reduction, at the cost of outgoing damage.
- Assassin's can be used over Berserker's to manipulate crit chance as can precision infusions.
- Use Marauder's if you find you need extra defensive stats.
- If 25 Might can't be maintained without it, or for party support.
- Coalescence of Ruin is your bread and butter damage skill, try to land it as often as possible.
- Coalescence of Ruin will only hit a maximum of 5 targets across all three pulses and increases in damage the further the pulse is from you. Try to hit with the second or third pulse rather than the first when possible.
- Phase Smash gives a 1.25s Evade frame and a Blast Finisher, be careful not to get caught behind your group while casting this skill.
- You can Phase Smash through traps and marks to activate them without taking any damage.
- Drop the Hammer has a long cast time, so try to predict where the enemies will go or use it on stationary targets like downed players that the enemy will move on to.
- Renewing Wave is a blast finisher and also cleanses conditions.
- Avoid damage with Warding Rift.
- Use Surge of the Mists to disrupt players trying to finish/revive downs.
Glint (Legendary Dragon Stance)
- Maintaining 3+ energy consuming skills is a large DPS increase from Forceful Persistence, with the best 3 to maintain being Facet of Light, Facet of Darkness and Facet of Strength, unless swiftness is required.
- Maintaining Facet of Nature is a very low priority in this stance, but can be double tapped to increase boon uptime before leaving the stance.
- Facet of Darkness up time is very important, try to maintain your group's fury.
- Gaze of Darkness is a stun break.
- Facet of Strength
- Facet of Light's chain effect converts all damage you take into healing for 3 seconds. This is a strong tool against condition pressure.
- Chaotic Release can be used to move downed opponents out of banner range and interrupt rezes.
- When running to/from objectives, speed up your zerg with Facet of Elements.
Shiro (Legendary Assassin Stance)
- Impossible Odds is a very large DPS increase, again thanks in part to Forceful Persistence.
- Facet of Nature is a much smaller DPS increase, but at a reduced energy cost.
- Riposting Shadows is an excellent getaway tool that both breaks stuns and removes all movement impairing conditions, great for escaping Winds of Disenchantment
Mallyx(Legendary Demon Stance) Variant
- Embrace the Darkness is a huge personal damage and general stat increase, and should be maintained as much as possible.
- Not only is Pain Absorption a personal stunbreak, but it also gives AoE resistance to allies. Great against condition pressure.
- Both Chaotic Release and Jade Winds have obvious tells and are easy to dodge, stow weapons to cancel casting if they're about to be evaded/blinded - this will save all the energy cost and only send the skill on a cd of 4 seconds. The same qualities make these skills perfect for fake casting them by stowing weapon immediately after beginning to cast, baiting enemy dodges/blocks.
- Jade Winds might help removing siege from otherwise blocked positions (eg. arrowcards on walls)
- Skill usage is reliant on energy management
- Potential to be locked into the wrong stance at the wrong time
- Heavy condition pressure
- YouTube: Julian Xxx