Herald - Power DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
A power DPS build for Herald. One of the very first raid DPS builds in the Heart of Thorns era, this build has now returned to viability. Its ability to provide good sustained damage, very good CC and Vulnerability, while supporting your whole squad with a variety of boons, life-siphon and extra boon duration makes Power Herald an extremely helpful addition for every encounter.
While not being the best choice in most encounters, this build is easy to play and is able to sustain itself very well, making it a good build for beginners.
- Use if your other supports are unable to keep your might uptime capped.
- Use if you have another party member providing protection.
- Consider using instead of if your party is desperate for extra might and fury generation. Making this change will significantly reduce your personal damage output but is better for the group if there are no better sources of boons.
- Use if extra boon removal is needed.
- The Dragon stats piece is entirely optional and could be replaced with Berserker stats.
- can be used if extra might generation is required.
- You can swap the for a if playing an encounter where the boss can be Stunned.
- or ascended versions
- Recommended Budget-Food: or
- You will spend most of the time in Sword/Sword as it is by far your strongest damaging weapon set.
- Try to maintain as long as possible.
- In the order that you should use them, CC-Skills are: , and .
- should only be used as a last resort as the large energy cost will heavily impact your ability to do damage.
Start on Sword/Sword and with active.
- Activate + +
Legendary Assassin Stance
- Auto-attack while using off cooldown. Make sure to finish your auto chains.
- If will come off cooldown while you're on Legendary Assassin Stance, only use Chilling Isolation once and use Deathstrike when it's available.
- as soon as it's available
Legendary Dragon Stance
- Activate , and
- Auto-attack while using , and off cooldown. Make sure to finish your auto chains.
- Activate as soon as its available
- after the next use of
- Continue Auto-attacking until Facet of Strength and Facet of Elements are available. Make sure to finish your auto chains.
- Return to start of Legendary Assassin Stance
- Try to not interrupt your auto-attack chain - much of the damage from it is loaded onto the final strike.
- Only swap to staff if breakbar contribution is needed - staff has no strong damaging skills so swapping to it is a major damage loss.
- should always be maintained, so make sure to swap legends before your energy drains completely.
- If boon strip is required, you can activate it while in Assassin stance for the boon strip from .
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium