Holosmith - Boon Roamer
This is a placeholder build that was useful in the past. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: WvW Roaming
- - an alternative to or for more cleanse and boon application.
- - a good alternative to providing more Protection application.
- - a higher sustain alternative to at the cost of mobility.
- - a vary good option with passive damage reduction.
- - a good defensive option with more Might application.
- - budget option.
- or - a good option for more power.
Run with any of these runes.
- for a higher survivability option that has good synergy with , , and .
- for a higher damage option that gives more Vigor and Fury application, lets you take without losing mobility.
- for a higher mobility but lower boon duration option, lets you take .
Some other sigils and runes that can work.
- Swap for:
- or - for more quickness application.
- - a more defensive option.
- - an alternative with power and precision.
- - an alternative to .
- - an alternative to .
Elite specialization basics
- Holosmith grants access to the Photon Forge (sometimes referred to as holo mode or just Forge) and introduces a new resource: heat. Heat is generated passively while the forge is active and also by activating forge skills. Higher cool down skills generate more heat.
- Reaching maximum heat (150 due to ) should be avoided as ing damages you and locks you out of the forge until heat goes back to 0.
- is used to activate the forge, after which your weapon skills will be replaced by 5 new ones. You can't exit the forge for at least 6 seconds, so be careful about reentering with high heat levels.
- Both Engage Photon Forge and Disengage Photon Forge count as toolbelt skills and will work with related traits. Both skills can proc weapon swap sigils too.
- Auto attacks are just filler/spammable downed cleave if you'd need it.
- should be used on cool down most of the time as this is an incredibly loaded skill with a very short cool down. This skill provides mobility/cleansing via , does decent damage, and even functions as a Leap Finisher which you will be using often with the combo fields from and .
- tends to be the first skill Holosmiths use in combat right after entering holo mode. This is a two-parter that also stacks Might. The second strike goes off after a delay, making it ideal to combo with other skills for burst damage. Try to squeeze in 2 Corona Bursts before exiting the form.
- can be useful for reaching targets trying to escape, otherwise it should only be used if you can make sure that all of its projectiles are going to land (for example if the target is CC'd).
- is an excellent AoE CC and also a Blast Finisher which you can use with the combo fields in and .
- All your Elixir skill grant 3 Might because of .
- will cure 2 conditions and will cure another 1 condition.
- will heal, cure 1 condition, and grant Regeneration.
- should be used whenever possible.
- can be used to burst down targets with Quickness or saved for the stunbreak and Stability.
- , , and are strong skills which you can combo your leap and blast finishers with.
- You can combo your leap and blast finishers in for some extra healing.
- Swapping into will proc and convert 3 conditions into boons on a 45 second cool down.
- Shield skills grant Protection which will cure 1 condition and grant Regeneration.
- is your second stun break and gives Regeneration.
- While you have Regeneration you have +250 healing power.
Weapon sets and damage
- Most of your damage comes from Forge skills and .
- Your sword/shield weapon set is your defensive/utility weapon set with a block, projectile reflect and 3 interrupts in and with some mobility and burst in .
- Right after exiting the forge follow up with and while your heat is still high.
- has some sustain in and good burst in and .
Sample Skill Rotations
- Start with pre-buffing with → then enter and → → then → → → → → → auto-attack chain → .
- → → swap into then → .
- → → → → → swap into then → .
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium