Holosmith - Condi Holo
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A versatile holosmith build designed for random roaming in open world; this build is excellent in virtually all aspects of non-instanced PVE and a great option for general use in open world and story.
- Extremely versatile build; jack of all trades
- Very high burst while maintaining decent DPS
- Lots of buttons
- Heat management can be annoying at times
- Utility Skills
- - the best defensive tool in engineer's kit; provides a stunbreak and massive damage reduction on a short cooldown
- - defensive utility that provides protection; more useful with the Celestial variant
- - your highest DPS kit; try not to auto-attack with it, use the skills and leave it
- - great mix of power and condi damage; for simple use, enter it and hit 2 and 3, then leave it
- - since this build focuses on hybrid damage with an emphasis on bleed and burn, grenades are a decent option for a third kit if you want to run three.
- - provides a block on demand and a toolbelt skill that deals good damage.
- - versatile utility kit with condition cleanse, AoE damage, and a stun break.
- - heavy crowd control on a short cooldown.
- - for running away from things or mobility in non-mount spaces; also burns a little
- Elite Skills
- - if you need more stability or heavy crowd control.
- - sustain at the cost of damage
- - grants barrier
- - improves your sword skills and holo utilities; also allows you to drop easily
This equipment provides strong hybrid damage but little defense
This variant provides extra defense and boon duration at the cost of damage.
- Viper's - highest DPS option
- Celestial - provides additional defense but otherwise performs close to viper
- Trailblazer's - not recommended; Holo relies heavily on crits
Since almost all of your condition duration comes from traits and gear, it isn't necessary to focus on runes with Duration. Instead, we can use hybrid runes that grant us higher burst, or utility runes that grant us additional defense.
- - excellent option that is close to in damage but allows you to drop ; this will lower your burst a bit, however
- , - hybrid DPS runes
- - powerful defensive option
- , , - can be used to tilt the build more into hybrid damage
- - provides a large DPS increase; use this instead of if using
- - needed for Might unless running
- , - Very powerful DPS sigils. Geomancy helps with AOE.
- , - Strongest defensive sigil
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- - All-stats food.
- , - Dodges + Might
- , - Lots of sustain via Lifesteal
- / - +Dmg, +Karma
A more complete usage section is pending. For now, here is a summary:
Your primary damage skills are as follows:
- Forge: , , autoattacks. Focus on using at least twice while in forge.
- Toolbelt: , . Use off cooldown.
- Use and off cooldown, but preferably over 50 heat.
- Use and off cooldown, especially right after dropping forge
- Use off cooldown
- Flamethrower: Use & . If Forge is at low heat, drop FT and enter forge. If Forge is at high heat, auto-attack with Flamethrower until either or Forge is available again.
- is an extremely potent defensive cooldown. It grants 50% damage reduction and functions as a stunbreak. This is your bread and butter for any challenging content.
- is an area blind
- provides considerable protection uptime.