Holosmith - Power Rifle DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A power DPS Holosmith build for fractals and raids. This build brings extremely high burst and sustained AoE damage, as well as heavy CC and Vulnerability.
While this build deals good damage on its own, it excels when there are lots of conditions on the boss for . A dedicated healer in the party will also help maintain this build's bonus after it deals damage to itself with .
See Holosmith - Power Sword DPS for the Sword/Pistol variation of this build.
Swapping out your utility skills is a large DPS loss and should only be considered as a last ditch option.
- can be useful in uncoordinated groups for the protection and pull.
- if you don't trust your healer to keep you alive or stunbreak you in high pressure fights.
- or slaying sigils when applicable.
- Slaying potions when applicable.
The logic behind this rotation is to maximize your Photon Forge and uptime. First you build heat in Photon Forge with , , and autoattack chains. After you overheat, you use your highest damage skills together with , then fill with and your high damage skills such as , , and . Rinse and repeat when Photon Forge is available again.
- Start with 75% heat.
- until 5s cooldown on
- until is almost off cooldown
- until is available
- Photon Forge rotation (see below)
Standard Photon Forge Rotation
- This is the easier Photon Forge rotation and applicable to all bosses.
- → → x5
Delayed Overheat Rotation
- This is an alternate Photon Forge rotation which aims to use 3 times before overheating. You leave Photon Forge mid way through to get in an extra cast of your non-Photon Forge DPS skills.
- This rotation is a DPS increase in long phases or bosses that don't have phases. However, it's more dependent on quickness and alacrity uptime.
- → → until is available
- → → until is available
- Never interrupt your Photon Forge autoattack chain.
- In real fights you will want to time your based on the encounter. Overheating provides a lot of burst damage, but it will also deal damage to yourself.
- If a burst damage phase is about to come up, it's worth tweaking your rotation or using extra Photon Forge skills like so you will be at 75% heat when the phase arrives. This lets you do your opening rotation and overheat for high burst damage.
- If you are low on health or if the burst damage will be wasted, you should and fill with your normal DPS skills similar to the "Delayed Overheat Rotation" listed above.
- Use and in place of an autoattack chain whenever possible.
- should be used off cooldown, as long as you're above 51 heat. Try to stand inside the boss' hitbox when you cast this, to ensure all projectiles hit the boss.
Video example by Fallen (Delayed overheat rotation)
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade