Holosmith - Rifle Burst
This build is unrated.
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: WvW Zerg
A power damage Holosmith WvW build meant to do massive damage within melee range, overwhelming the enemies with copious amounts of burst hits, causing great pain and harm to their bodies and souls and health bars, while having no meaningful downtime, unlike their competitors like full damage reaper or berserker which suck toes outside of and . Greatly profits from the large damage modifier of paired with and the high damage of
- defensive stunbreak
- option instead of for activating
- feast option with additional power and ferocity.
- As soon as you get the 25 stacks of and get out of combat, swap back to the Rifle without it
- Cleaving downstates
- Generating downstates
- Giving superspeed to allies through or
- Disrupting enemies through , or
- This build has moderate passive defense
- This build has moderate mobility skill access
- will leap towards your target if you have one, make sure to drop your target when using it for mobility
- This builds has moderate active defenses
- You want to stay between 100 and 150 heat all the time to ensure you benefit from both the bonuses given by and
- To quickly generate heat, you can use holo skills like and
- The damage rotation is simple, you whenever you are around 100 heat, use mainly and chain autos for damage, and filling with the rest of the skills if needed, like , until you are about to overheat, at this moment you and wait for your heat to drop down to 100
- In the meantime, you fill the Photon Forge downtime:
- By using your rifle skills, mainly and for obnoxious burst damage
- Spamming or
- and do a lot of damage, try to use the first whenever you are sure you are going to be able to sit in melee for a long time, for example cleaving downstates. The second is best suited for chokes or scenarios where the enemy is pushing at you, since it goes beyond the standard 5men target cap, you have to abuse that.
- roots your for a while during the cast so be careful to not greed
- Try to use both Exceed skills within Photon Forge, to grant then the modifier.
- gives Superspeed to an unlimited amount of allies, so try to be slighty in front of the group, in the direction your commander is pushing, whenever you use it.
- removes damage conditions
- and both remove movement imparing conditions.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade