Holosmith - Sword Holo
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
A power-based Holosmith build for open world. This build features extremely high burst damage and excellent mobility.
- - ease of use
- - stronger heal with good CC
- - toolbelt skill deals strong single target damage
- - extremely powerful defensive tool
- - provides a block on demand and a toolbelt skill that deals good damage.
- - heavy crowd control on a short cooldown.
- - for running away from things.
- - for tagging mobs in group events with .
- - more raw damage if you don't need the utility of .
- - DPS increase in group events when allies are providing fury.
- - trades some damage for defense,
- - more condition cleanse.
- - turns the auto-attack into a 600-range projectile while in forge, also makes it an explosion; this has extreme synergy with the explosives traitline & is great for tagging
- - can be combined with a in zergs or chain-farming situations for nearly permanent forge.
- Fast Tagging
In events that require fast AOE damage, take and with a for higher tagging potential.
This variant deals much lower DPS but provides much higher durability. This typically should replace Firearms, though to keep the high crit chance you can also replace explosives.
This set uses gear similar to Build:Holosmith_-_Power_Sword_DPS, making it excellent for general PvE
- Marauder and/or Dragon_stats - Trades some damage for a moderate boost to HP
- Knight, Soldier - can mix a few pieces of this into your gear for extra defense.
- - higher solo DPS but less useful in groups
- , - defense
- - defense
- - when using
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
This build's usage breaks down into two Loops: Your Forge Loop and your Sword Loop. As a note, you should always try to be between 50% and 150% heat; you should be entering forge before falling below 50%.
Open fights at 50% heat with the Forge opening. If you are not at 50% heat at the start of the fight, before performing your Forge opener use to gain a lot of heat quickly, then proceed with your normal forge opener.
Enter Forge at around 50% heat. During this loop, you will want to use first, and then off cooldown while using off cooldown as well. Auto-attack between skill uses, and try to avoid using other forge skills to conserve heat. If done correctly, you can fit 3x and 2x into this loop.
After your Forge Loop, you will enter Sword Loop. During this phase, spam , , and auto-attack. Weave in utilities as you see fit, and use CC when appropriate.
For Toolbelt skills and Utilities, try and use them off cooldown but only ever above 50% Heat. If you are trying to buy some time for a skill to come back up in Forge but have high heat and don't want to auto-attack, this is the perfect time to weave in a DPS utility like or .
Holosmith is a DPS spec at its heart and does a poor job of face-tanking mobs due to low sustain. For defense you will rely on a handful of skills and your ability to dodge to survive.
This build features a few defensive variants and options. Generally, the best defense for Holosmith is quickly terminating your attacker, but when that is not a possibility consider skills such as , , and for powerful defensive utility. When possible, try to CC enemies and burst them down; they can't kill you if they don't get a chance to attack.
If this is not enough, defensive gear options such as and can greatly boost your personal survivability, though these come at a loss to DPS.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade