Holosmith - Sword Holo
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
A strong, power-based holosmith build for open world.
- - ease of use
- - stronger heal with good CC
- Can't find such skill "Laser Dik"! Please refer to our skill index. - toolbelt skill deals strong single target damage
- - extremely powerful defensive tool
- - provides a block on demand and a toolbelt skill that deals good damage.
- - versatile utility kit with condition cleanse, AoE damage, and a stun break.
- - provides a reflective shield and higher protection uptime if running Inventions, see below.
- - heavy crowd control on a short cooldown.
- - for running away from things.
- - for tagging mobs in group events with .
- - more raw damage if you don't need the utility of .
- - if you need more stability or heavy crowd control.
- - trades some damage for defense
- - more condition cleanse.
- - turns the auto-attack into a 600-range projectile while in forge, also makes it an explosion; this has extreme synergy with the explosives traitline & is great for tagging
- - can be combined with a in zergs or chain-farming situations for nearly permanent forge.
This variant deals much lower DPS but provides much higher durability.
This set uses gear similar to Holosmith - Power Sword DPS, making it excellent for general PvE
This variant can be run in fast-tag events or even in normal zergs for a boost to tagging capability and a viable ranged option. It requires frequent dodging to proc for permanent forge.
- If using this variant, run and .
- Marauder - trade some damage for a moderate boost to HP
- Knight's , Soldier - can mix a few pieces of this into your gear for extra defense.
- , - alternative DPS; higher DPS than when solo but lower if with allies
- , , , - defensive options
Do not replace Strength.
- - Can replace Force as a budget option.
- - can replace Force for more dodges, though this is heavily advised against. Synergizes well with
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties. Ascended versions of these are available and should be used when possible.
- - permanent Fury when farming trash or with a zerg
- - extreme sustain when farming trash or with a zerg
- - a huge boost to damage whenf arming trash or in a zerg
- , - DPS food
- , - Defense and Might
- - Lifesteal
- , , - Damage Reduction Food
- , - Damage
- Try to stay between 50% and 150% heat at all times.
- Your highest damage skills are Photon Blitz, Corona Burst, and your Photon Forge autoattack chain; use them whenever available.
- Holo Leap is worth using as a gap closer.
- While not in Photon Forge, just use your sword skills off cooldown.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as most of the damage is in the 3rd hit. This applies both inside and outside Photon Forge.
- Use to pull mobs together.
- If you can't get close to your target, you have a decent ranged autoattack in . If you plan to stay ranged for the whole fight consider slotting and .
When fast tagging in events like the Mad King's Labyrinth, it is best to only Auto-attack to conserve heat. Do this while dodging for a permanent Forge.
- is an incredibly powerful AoE crowd control skill. Use it to keep enemies knocked down while you unload your damage. is another useful skill for interrupting enemies and pulling them into your zone of control.
- provides a zone of heavy damage reduction and healing over time.
- If running you can place it for even more pulsing protection.
- can be used to block attacks.
- is a versatile defensive skill. You can use it to mitigate incoming damage or save it to use as a stun break.
- Use to counter projectiles.
- (from ) can be used to blind enemies.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- The healing from , , and can sustain you through minor damage.
- You can pick up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. and Holographic Shockwave are more blast finishers you can use.
- If running it provides another 3 blast finishers from the initial placement, the tool belt skill , and .
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- cleanses conditions. If you're having trouble with conditions, you can trait .
- You can also slot . cleanses a condition and provides a light field, which you can blast for more condition cleanses.