Mechanist - Celestial Alacrity Support
A flexible 'do it all' build for Mechanist that's easy to use and can perform multiple roles. Good for open world, story, fractals, strikes, and most raids; shouldn't be brought to raids where Toughness is a factor. The build brings solid dps, healing and boons. Extra tanky due to celestial stats so great for beginners. Jack of all trades, master of none.
The draw of this build is it's easy to do 'well' whether solo or while filling a group's need for Alacrity in either dps or support with minimal tweaks in one set of gear. As an added benefit, Celestial gear is what you're given on boost and Traveler runes are very cheap, making the build very accessible to players new to engineer that have a boost available. Specialized builds will outperform this build for their niche, but the draw of this build is ease of use and flexibility.
As with other celestial builds, you have great freedom to adjust how much you want to focus on damage or support.
Hybrid DPS or Hybrid Heal?
The above setup is just one option that provides a mixture of damage and heal utilities. is the obvious choice for any heal build, and provides both healing and damage via and respectively.
and are the best support choices. provides the most healing, and can provide a good amount of barrier to mitigate incoming attacks while also blocking projectiles.
For damage, and offer the highest DPS ( is slightly higher than ), though between them and there won't be much time left for healing.
provides almost the same damage and allows for much more time to focus on support, while also being a very useful emergency teleport/stun break.
is an option if you want to avoid kits, but is less DPS than the other options. Leave it on passive.
There may be situations where your mech is in danger of dying. As you lose a huge amount of strength without a mech, you may have to bring for the ability to instantly revive it.
- could be taken for more damage if you don't need to provide all 25 stacks of Might to your subgroup.
For more healing, replace the Inventions traitline with Alchemy:
Dropping Inventions removes your ability to provide Protection via shield skills, so Alchemy is a better fit when using offhand Pistol. Alchemy also enhances , making it better for burst healing.
Nothing can replace the healing ability of , so it makes more sense to focus on the boon duration or damage aspects.
provides a lot of extra boon duration without sacrificing too much damage.
is the highest DPS option.
Other all-stat runes are also possibilities, such as , or .
Depending on your rune choice, you may end up overcapping on Bleeding or Burning duration. In this case you can swap in some Seraph stats pieces to increase your damage, while maintaining your healing power and concentration.
As a hybrid healer, you ideally want to use ascended food that provides a 10% healing power modifier. This provides a much greater improvement to your healing than damage buffs would to your DPS.
- You could also trade in some support for more damage with food such as
Both versions can produce a lot of Alacrity via barrier generation using , which also gives you access to for a large amount of Alacrity at once. Keeping Alacrity uptime via barrier comes from using these skills regularly:
- Mech auto chain with
Whether you're playing heal or dps you should know which skills will hurt the blue bar:
- Offhand Pistol:
- Offhand Shield: , ,
- Flamethrower: and
DPS Skill Usage
For maximum damage, run Mace/Pistol weapons and use these skills:
- Use and off cooldown (they have the same cooldown)
- After using , swap to Flamethrower to drop and (if available and the target will remain stationary)
- If using , swap to it after using your Flamethrower skills for and (if available)
- off cooldown (make sure the mech is in position to hit)
- Mace auto chain (you have +67% condi duration so you'll be providing alac&barrier while also dropping confusion stacks on the target)
- If you're doing organized content, your primary job is providing alacrity - don't forget about it!
Defense/Zergs: For crowds, you can camp Flamethrower to tag. If and mace autos aren't enough defense, swap to flamethrower for (aoe blind) or (aoe knockback). is a strong personal heal, and can be used to re-summon the mech if something goes wrong, as it has a tendency to get instagibbed in some scenarios.
Heal Skill Usage
For more support, swap to mace/shield.
- Mace auto chain constantly pulses barrier&alac to your group - if not doing something else, do Mace auto!
- Barrier Signet & Mech abilities as you deem appropriate
- Big heals: Elixir Gun 5, Mortar Kit 5, Med Kit 4
- Useful: Med Kit 5 (regen), Med Kit 2 (regen), Med Kit 1 (top-off aoe), shield skills (protection)
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium