Mechanist - Condi Mechanist
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A jack of all trades, master of none Condition damage PvP Mechanist build.
- and could be considered for a high risk/reward build but your sustain's going to be much lower.
can be replaced by any of the following sigils if you don't need the condi cleansing:
- increases the damage of both you and the Mech.
- improves and .
- and greatly improve your mobility, and mobility is a key part of your defense. Try to avoid being in melee most of the time, especially when your shield skills aren't available. Rocket Boots is a great filler skill to patch gaps in your sustain.
- These two skills also make the build a strong roamer, allowing it to rotate between capture points in seconds if need be. When you can't find a favorable fight to join, use your mobility to zip around the map and decap unguarded nodes.
- Use the Mech's F1 as often as possible. The Weakness can cover your damaging conditions on top of adding to your sustain by reducing the strike damage they deal. It also helps the Mech stick to your target.
- is mostly for the passive CD reduction and the Mech revival portion of the active. Using it for the damage is very rare but sometimes you might want to consider that to help with cleaving downed targets. Against moving targets however landing it can be quite hard, especially on uneven terrain, and the Mech can get CC'd very easily unless you commit to it with .
- Any boon you gain is also granted to your Mech. This causes to maintain 10 stacks of Might on your Mech - 5 because the trait gives you Might and another 5 because the trait is AoE and the Mech is an ally.
- Most of the burst damage comes from , but getting enemies to stay in range of it is the hard part. Try stunning them with , CC with or use as a gapcloser for the Mech. Hugging the Mech could also work, forcing enemies to tank the signet's active damage if they want to reach you, but you should be ready to use some defensive skills in that situation.
- As for Pistol skills, both and deal solid damage. Static Shot could even help you trade blows with enemies better because of the Blind.
- When you have nothing better to do spam or kite enemies until your burst CDs come back up.
- is one of your best defensive skills in general: it breaks stuns, cleanses conditions, and lets you escape to the highground.
- (Mech's F2) is your next best defensive skill, useful against every kind of pressure. Cleanses conditions, applies Protection to protect from strike damage, blocks an attack with Aegis, breaks stun and makes you immune to CC chains with the Stability. On top of that it even has Alacrity to speed up your skill recharge rate - and not just yours, but the Mech's too, reducing the CD of Crisis Zone itself!
- This skill is AoE, you could use it to support allies in need too.
- You need to be in range of your Mech for this skill to affect you!
- Shield skills and grant you Protection through various Inventions traits, and cleanses conditions from you whenever you gain Protection. Your healing skill removes an additional condition via .
- is great for shaking off enemies as well as cleansing several non-damaging conditions, increasing the likelyhood of removing damaging ones if you follow it up with any other skill that cleanses conditions.
- Both shield skills are very versatile defensive CDs.
- works best against projectiles but its chain skill is an AoE knockback, so even against melee you could use this skill for the CC alone. Or if you want to pressure someone ranged, Magnetic Shield could let you walk up to them while the knockback is a great followup once you're in melee.
- is effective at any range but works best in melee as it even stuns enemies who strike you there. For maximum value use its chain skill right as Static Shield is about to run out - the Daze further prevents them from pressuring you, and has the potential to hit them on its way back too.
Condi Mechanist Roamer - WvW roaming version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium