Mechanist - Util Alac Mech
A flexible 'do it all' build for Mechanist that's easy to use and can perform multiple roles. Good for open world, story, fractals, strikes, and most raids; shouldn't be brought to raids where Toughness is a factor. The build brings either alac+solid dps (~15K) with 100% burn/bleed duration and 67% confusion duration, or alac+healing with 70% boon duration, all in the same gear via skill swaps. Extra tanky due to celestial stats so great for beginners. Jack of all trades, master of none.
The draw of this build is it's easy to do 'well' whether solo or while filling a group's need for Alac in either dps or support with minimal tweaks in one set of gear. As an added benefit, Celestial gear is what you're given on boost and Traveler runes are very cheap, making the build very accessible to players new to engineer that have a boost available. Specialized builds will outperform this build for their niche, but the draw of this build is ease of use and flexibility.
- Celestial armor, trinkets, mace & shield (concentration & paralyzation)
- Sinister mace & pistol (malice & bursting)
- Traveler Runes for 15% boon duration, 10% condi duration, 25% move speed, and some stats
- Sinister weapons + first loadout = solid DPS and alacrity
- Celestial weapons + second loadout = solid Healer and alacrity
Hybrid DPS or Hybrid Heal
The draw of this build is it's easy to do 'well' whether solo or while filling a group's need for Alac in either dps or support with minimal tweaks in one set of gear. As an added benefit, Celestial gear is what you're given on boost and Traveler runes are very cheap, making the build very accessible to players new to engineer that have a boost available.
Both versions can produce a lot of alacrity via barrier generation using , which also gives you access to for a large amount of Alac at once. Keeping alac uptime via barrier comes from using these skills regularly:
- Mace auto chain
- Mech auto chain with
Whether you're playing heal or dps you should know which skills will hurt the blue bar:
- DPS: , as well as and
- Heal: , , ,
DPS Skill Usage
For alac-dps, run the Sinister Mace/Pistol weapons and these skills:
- Swap to Flamethrower to drop and when Napalm is up IF the target will remain stationary
- Use and off cooldown (they have the same cooldown)
- and off cooldown when available (make sure the mech is in position to hit)
- Mace auto chain (you have +67% condi duration so you'll be providing alac&barrier while also dropping confusion stacks on the target)
- If you're doing organized content, your primary job is providing alacrity - don't forget about it!
Defense/Zergs: For crowds, you can camp Flamethrower to tag. If and mace autos aren't enough defense, swap to flamethrower for (aoe blind) or (aoe knockback). is a strong personal heal, and can be used to re-summon the mech if something goes wrong, as it has a tendency to get instagibbed in some scenarios.
Solo/open world: For more damage you can use to pump up the mech's condi damage and add another damage skill - at the cost of generating alacrity. Only advised in solo scenarios.
Heal Skill Usage
For alac-heal, weapon-swap to Celestial mace/shield and change your utility skills. Slot in , replace Flamethrower with , and slot as shown below. You can also replace Superconducting Signet with an elixir or turret of choice.
- Mace auto chain constantly pulses barrier&alac to your group - if not doing something else, do Mace auto!
- Barrier Signet & Mech abilities as you deem appropriate
- Big heals: Elixir Gun 5, Mortar Kit 5, Med Kit 4
- Useful: Med Kit 5 (regen), Med Kit 2 (regen), Med Kit 1 (top-off aoe)
For even more healing, replace the Firearms traitline with Alchemy:
You could easily specialize further in either direction - "Why didn't you X" will certainly be a reaction to this build from experienced players. I have been using this build regularly in strikes, T4's, and the EOD metas because it brings a needed buff (Alac), can flexibly swap between dps and healing, more than holds its own in the open world/story, and is relatively easy to learn and do well with. More specialized builds will perform better at various facets; this build is a jack of all trades.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium