Mesmer - Blurring Inspiration
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A high-sustain core condition Mesmer build for PvP, made to win duels.
Available for F2P players as well and is seen as rather beginner-friendly (especially as far as Mesmer goes).
- Axe/Torch over Scepter/Torch - if you have Secrets of the Obscure you can take Axe instead of Scepter for more burst damage, a target break, and clone generation. A more aggressive weapon set that can work well with Staff.
- - if you want a stronger team fight presence over the ability to moa a player.
- - if you want to provide more support via giving allies the opportunity to reposition or recover.
- for lower cool downs and damage.
- over - more cleansing over poison access.
- - more damage, less healing.
- - more burst damage when landing a CC on someone after hitting the requirements.
- - increased Poison access and increased effectiveness.
- Try to send your Phantasms on CD before using as your healing skill partially recharges them.
- grants you Stability whenever you shatter, so consider using one of your shatters to prevent interrupts on important casts like while under pressure or if you're stomping a downed enemy.
- Don't be afraid to use if you need to keep the pressure up but you're all out of shatters. This signet also lets you be a bit more wasteful of your shatters, knowing that you can recharge them anytime.
- Aim to use inside whenever possible in order to combo Chaos Aura for yourself.
- Keep in mind that auras don't stack in duration, so don't try to combo it with .
- Use for mobility while roaming between capture points or chasing after targets. PR teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so in order to teleport "forward" simply turn around and use it then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- About face ⇒ ⇒ about face is the rotation.
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- Every shatter inflicts Torment via .
- is the strongest shatter skill here when it comes to damage, followed by . These 2 will help you burst.
- Scepter is your offensive set while Staff is more about defense and sustained damage. All Scepter skills deal good damage.
- The autoattack chain of Scepter can be progressed without a target, even out of combat. This is useful because autoattacking the air twice lets you start fights with for a free clone.
- The build has plenty of ways to deal with conditions:
- Weapon swapping removes a condition via .
- is your mass cleanse, removing a total of 5 conditions with .
- removes another one when you use your healing skill.
- cleanses conditions whenever you gain and when you are CC'd while the cool down is ready.
- Last but not least, is another source of cleansing.
- Every signet grants .
- is an excellent panic button and mobility tool that instantly yeets you across the battlefield whilst breaking stun.
- Your strongest option against damage in general is , granting you immunity to any form of pressure including CC and conditions that are already on you.
- can be used even while stunned, blinding nearby enemies and giving you a chance to gain Protection whens struck.
- Same goes for , you could use it to get out of harm's way even while stunned.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium