Mirage - Carrion Axe
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A low sustain, high condition damage Mirage burst build for PvP. One of the harder Mesmer builds to play, Carrion Axe can swiftly overwhelm enemies through quick bursts and interrupts, but its lack of sustain and damage outside of burst windows allows for few mistakes.
While is mandatory while using , some other utils can be considered instead of
- - an excellent and versatile skill, helps with condition management and adds more boon removal to the build.
- - while this is no breakstun, this helps with survival and provides new opportunity attacks.
- - another source of stealth plus a stun break with a decent passive.
- - portal is a very powerful tool if a team utilizes it properly for map control, but it's not recommended for beginners and most solo players. Its usage depends on
- If you want to squeeze in more sustain for some reason (like playing 2v2s), take .
- is also a possible option, offering more frequent access to ambush attacks but less frequent access to Axe attacks hence slightly lower burst damage.
- over Cleansing if you can afford to lose condition removal.
- - if you don't need the 25% movement speed increase.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: for Axe and for Sword. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- You can dodge while casting skills or CC'd, but only have one dodge bar.
- Rune dependent Make sure that you're below 50% endurance when using , as refills half of your endurance bar after healing. Same goes for weapon swapping and sigils.
- While the build has several tools for dealing with incoming conditions, there's no skill that's only reserved for cleansing. Dodge rolling for example removes 2 conditions via , but blows all your endurance. removes one condition, but makes you use your only source of stealth. This means that against condition based specs you should play extra careful and alter your playstyle a bit to reserve your cleansing tools for the right time.
- is something of an exception to this rule and as such remains your ebst source of cleansing. While this skill could be used offensively to rip boons from enemies, it should be reserved for cleansing-only vs condition specs. In mirror matchups against other Mesmers the one who uses AT second usually wins the duel.
- Your strongest option against damage in general is , granting you immunity to any form of pressure including CC and conditions that are already on you.
- turns into an instant source for clone generation, provided that you already have an active clone.
- Shatter skills and interrupts remove boons from enemies.
- is amazing to cascade several cc onto your target provided several clones are active.
- Use when moving between capture points, assuming you get your endurance back before making it to the next fight. Throwing in a for the Vigor from could help you recover endurance a bit quicker, further boosting your mobility by a small amount.
- Swapping weapons before the end of the animation cancels the portion of the skill that would stop you at the end of the leap, increasing your jump distance especially when you used the leap on the highground.
- Sustained damage is fairly low in this build, while burst damage is extremely high.
- Your goal is to roam the map, find a target that's out of CDs, and take them down in a matter of seconds before moving on.
- Axe is the primary offensive set while Sword is a bit more defensive.
- is the strongest shatter skill here when it comes to damage, followed by .
Burst combo examples
- , dodge in the middle of it
- (you could also Jaunt before doing the previous step to get an extra clone for Axes of Symmetry)
- in melee range to begin stacking Burning
- to create a phantasm that goes off in a few seconds, about the same time you're finished with the chain
- to get a clone out there
- Dodge, but don't ambush just yet
- for the immob
- to create the second clone via and stack some extra conditions
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade