Mirage - Carrion Axe
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A low sustain, high condition damage Mirage burst build for PvP. One of the harder Mesmer builds to play, Carrion Axe can swiftly overwhelm enemies through quick bursts and interrupts, but its lack of sustain and damage outside of burst windows allows for few mistakes.
While is mandatory with , some other utilities can be considered instead of :
- - an excellent and versatile skill, helps with condition management and adds more boon removal to the build.
- - doesn't break stun but helps you get out of dangerous situations with the repositioning and Mirage Cloak access, could also be used offensively to pressure or chase targets.
- - another source of stealth plus a stun break with a decent passive.
- - portal is a very powerful tool if a team utilizes it properly for map control, but it's not recommended for beginners and most solo players.
- can be taken if you need more sustain, such as in 2v2s.
- can be taken if you prefer less ambushes and more damage out of your axe skills.
- can be taken if conditions are not a concern in the match and get extra boon strip instead.
- over Cleansing if you can afford to lose condition removal.
- - better defense against conditions.
- - higher Vigor uptime which is the most important boon in the build.
- - refills half a dodge roll's worth of endurance whenever you heal, defensive relic with Mirage cloak synergy.
- - adds a CC to .
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: for Axe and for Sword. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- You can dodge while casting skills and performing actions such as rezing or stomping, but NOT while CC'd.
- While the build has several tools for dealing with incoming conditions, there's no skill that's only reserved for cleansing. Dodge rolling for example removes 2 conditions via , but blows all your endurance. removes 2 conditions but makes you use your only source of stealth. This means that against condition based specs you should play extra careful and alter your playstyle a bit to reserve your cleansing tools for the right time.
- is something of an exception to this rule and as such remains your ebst source of cleansing. While this skill could be used offensively to rip boons from enemies, it should be reserved for cleansing-only vs condition specs. In mirror matchups against other Mesmers the one who uses AT second usually wins the duel.
- Your strongest option against damage in general is , granting you immunity to any form of pressure including CC and conditions that are already on you.
- turns into an instant source for clone generation, provided that you already have an active clone.
- Shatter skills and interrupts remove boons from enemies.
- is amazing to cascade several cc onto your target provided several clones are active.
- Use when moving between capture points, assuming you get your endurance back before making it to the next fight. Throwing in a for the Vigor from could help you recover endurance a bit quicker, further boosting your mobility by a small amount.
- Swapping weapons before the end of the animation cancels the portion of the skill that would stop you at the end of the leap, increasing your jump distance especially when you used the leap on the highground.
- Sustained damage is fairly low in this build, while burst damage is extremely high.
- Your goal is to roam the map, find a target that's out of CDs, and take them down in a matter of seconds before moving on.
- Axe is the primary offensive set while Sword is a bit more defensive.
- is the strongest shatter skill here when it comes to damage, followed by .
Burst combo examples
- , dodge in the middle of it
- (you could also Jaunt before doing the previous step to get an extra clone for Axes of Symmetry)
- in melee range to begin stacking Burning
- to create a phantasm that goes off in a few seconds, about the same time you're finished with the chain
- to get a clone out there
- Dodge, but don't ambush just yet
- for the immob
- to create the second clone via and stack some extra conditions
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium