Mirage - Condi DPS Chaos
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A condition DPS Mirage build. This build provides very high single target damage with the ambush skill 24px Imaginary Axes. It excels against bosses that move or attack a lot due to a large portion of its damage coming from Confusion and Torment. It is also highly survivable and can easily avoid boss attacks because it is in 24px Mirage Cloak for most of its rotation.
- For a more Confusion heavy variant that pulls ahead on Mursaat Overseer, Soulless Horror, and Largos, see Mirage - Condi DPS Illusions.
- This guide is focused on raids. For the fractal version see Mirage - Condi DPS Chaos (Fractal).
- Feedback over Crystal Sands if you need reflects.
- Signet of Humility over Jaunt if you need large amounts of CC instead of movement.
- is also viable
- The Prestige
- Phantasmal Mage
- 24px Lingering Thoughts -- Spawns the first clone.
- Crystal Sands -- Spawns a second clone.
- False Oasis -- Spawns a third clone.
- Weapon swap
- Phantasmal Duelist
- Collect the 24px Mirage Mirror left from Crystal Sands and False Oasis to gain access to 24px Imaginary Axes
After the opener above the rotation involves primarily autoattacking and dodging to trigger 24px Imaginary Axes. Try to complete an auto-attack chain each cast of 24px Imaginary Axes to ensure that all your clones have time to cast it as well.
- Use Phantasmal Mage amd Phantasmal Duelist off cooldown. With alacrity you should be able to cast Phantasmal Mage every time that you swap to torch, although you may have to delay a second on the Weapon swap.
- Use False Oasis and Crystal Sands off cooldown. Be mindful of your where you place the 24px Mirage Mirror from each skill, as you will want to be able to access them later.
- Jaunt should only be used for damage if the boss frequently attacks to proc extra damage from the Confusion, otherwise it should be saved for mobility.
- 24px Axes of Symmetry should be used with discretion, if you use it during periods where the boss is not attacking to trigger the extra damage it will be an overall DPS decrease. However, if the bonus damage ticks can be triggered by the boss attacking frequently 24px Axes of Symmetry will be a DPS increase.
- Dodge as much as possible while leaving yourself endurance to evade attacks. Be sure to only weapon swap when below 50% endurance so as not to waste any of the endurance gained from .
- Make sure to never break your auto-attack chain that includes: 24px Lacerating Chop, 24px Ethereal Chop and 24px Mirror Strikes.
- Save Jaunt for movement. Note: It is instant cast, so it can be cast during other skills' channels.
- Make sure to never use Jaunt during 24px Imaginary Axes and 24px Axes of Symmetry as this will create new clones due to the 24px Self-Deception and will cancel the clones attack.
- Make sure to never Weapon swap during the animation of 24px Imaginary Axes as this will cancel the Ambush attack.
- Clones provide higher damage when auto-attacking and performing 24px Imaginary Axes than when shattered in most scenarios, even with the low ramp up time that this build enjoys.