Ranger - Core Power Ranger
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A basic but effective open world ranger build that F2P players can access. Although pets don't really do much damage, they help the ranger by tanking and some can also disable the enemy. This build features good burst damage and from long range.
- Greatsword - can replace longbow for less burst but better sustained damage.
- Sword - has two leaps and about the same damage as axe, but in melee range.
The suggested skills aim to create windows of burst damage through , but other skills can be considered:
is your best heal skill because of its short cooldown, good heal, and lets you and your pet share your boons with the other.
- - can be considered for fights where you need a lot of condition cleanse.
deals great damage and chills the enemy for great synergy with . You should almost never replace it.
is a great stun break that also gives you a bit of barrier. It also breaks stun on nearby allies. Can be replaced by other skills if needed, though we recommend you always keep one stun break.
is an offensive stun break, the quickness generation can improve your burst. Can be replaced by other skills if needed.
- - Might generation in static fights, can be considered in group play.
- - extra defense.
- - alternative stun break and extra dodge.
- - can be used with offensive pets for single target burst.
- - AoE condition cleanse.
- - extra toughness and a panic button.
- - if you need more CC.
- - Aegis and Protection generation in static fights, can be considered in group play.
provides a good mix of offensive and deffensive boons. Other options can be considered.
- - AoE Immobilize.
- - AoE revive when playing in a group.
- The choice of pet doesn't matter much because core game pets don't deal much damage. We suggest using a feline since they have the highest damage, especially Lynx with its Beast skill (F2) . For your other pet, you can use a tanky pet such as Brown Bear or a pet to inflict crowd control such as Boar which has crowd control on its skills, and its Beast skill creates a bundle weapon for you to pick up and inflict more CC. If you have access to expansions, use Jacaranda for its high damage and survivability. Below are some other alternatives.
- High damage pets
- Good mix of damage and crowd control
- Good on-demand crowd control
- Tanky pets
- Drakes such as Marsh Drake provide the best mix of damage and tankiness, but bears, porcines, and devourers are also very tanky pets.
- - works great if you swap pets often.
- - if you are going to camp longbow, but you will do less damage.
- - when not running Frost Trap and/or more dodges are needed.
- - works great if using a sword.
- - can enable an alternative playstyle where you run 2 longbows and use this trait to cast every weapon swap. This playstyle is very vulnerable to projectile block/reflect and lacks mobility, but can be very fun.
- - if not running many Command skills.
- Note that you will use even when not wielding a greatsword, since it provides much-needed Fury.
Ascended gear is not required; exotic with the same stats will work fine.
- and are interchangeable.
- Other relics include , , , or .
- For defense, equip the highest tier Jade Core you can afford. Use defensive food, traits, or skills if required. If necessary, use Knight trinkets.
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- (and variants)
- Thanks to ++ you will start fights with great burst damage.
- Aim to use your damage skills while the enemy is disabled or has its movement impaired to benefit from .
- Your damage skills are and on longbow, and all axe skills on axe-axe. Cast in melee range for maximum damage.
- The following skills are great for enabling Predator's Onslaught: , , and .
- Longbow works great for starting fights with Barrager and Rapid Fire, but has very low sustained damage. Swap to axe-axe after Barrage and Rapid fire to deal more damage. Axe also works great against groups of enemies since all its attacks strike in an AoE or bounce.
- When possible, attack from behind or the rear to enable .
- can be used to disengage with stealth.
- Against dangerous enemies, send a tanky pet in first with Attack My Target (F1) so they tank for you.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible.
- can be used to reflect dangerous projectiles.
- maintains permanent Weakness on your enemy.
- Swap your pet when their health gets low to prevent them from getting downed. If your pet gets downed, Swap Pet's cooldown is greatly increased.
- to block attacks if wielding a greatsword.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium