Ranger - Core Valkyrie
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A core PvP Power Ranger duelist build created to win smaller skirmishes. Can be used by F2P players as well, albeit with a weaker set of pets.
Archival note: used to be meta pre-EoD but fell off with the powercreep
- offers better protection against CC at the cost of losing Poison procs, which allows enemies to heal for more.
- over - if condition pressure isn't a problem.
- - helps a lot in condition matchups.
- - offers lower burst damage than Isgarren but improves consistency.
- Use for mobility.
- If you're really desperate for some Swiftness while roaming between capture points, consider using for the proc.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness and guaranteed critical strike from through synergy.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE Stealth.
- provides no additional crit chance, which means your sustained damage is going to be rather negligible. The build is all about small burst windows joined together by filler attacks.
- There are 2 ways to obtain 100% crit chance for your next few attacks:
- Fury sources in the build:
- Survival skills thanks to , including the instant cast .
- Every CC skill via - being the main one in the build.
- Pet swap also grants Fury.
- Best skills to use while you have 100% crit chance:
- on Axe.
- on Greatsword.
- recharges if it hits. Maul ⇒ Hilt Bash ⇒ Maul is the optimal burst sequence with 3 charges of , assuming you want to do the most damage in the least amount of time.
- Technically you could start off with or any other skill before the chain. Hilt Bash procs Opening Strikes and makes your next attack a guaranteed critical strike, so it's possible to chain 4 crits when combined with the sigil.
- is the best filler skill in the build. It can be spammed from a safe distance, does decent damage and builds some Might stacks between two bursts.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. cleanses 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- is both a defensive and offensive skills. You can either root enemies into your bursts or stop them from chasing you. The condi cleanse from trait synergy can also be useful.
- Swapping weapons cleanses 1 condition from .
- Both sets have means of avoiding damage:
- on GS.
- on Axe/Dagger.
- Twitch: ROM
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium