Reaper - Condi DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
A condition damage build for Necromancer that sacrifices the versatility of Scourge for higher damage. This build also brings large amounts of short-range cleave without having to rely on , and its frequent application of Blind and Chilled make it effective at mitigating damage in mob-heavy fights.
- or for a little more damage. is slightly more DPS, but can hit targets other than the one you're attacking.
- is the only bonus source of life force generation you have, which may be necessary on some encounters.
- is your biggest heal in encounters without incoming conditions, and it provides a small amount of support.
Replace if you need any of the following:
- if projectile absorb is needed.
- if in an encounter with numerous adds spawning.
- for condition cleansing teammates and a strong condition transfer.
- is your go-to blink skill should you require quick mobility.
- If you need more life force, shadow friend can help.
- for good crowd control (or in any situation where a boss is too mobile to make use of the full damage potential of ).
- Use for strong self heal at a 10% dps loss.
- Use if you find yourself starved of life force.
Blood Magic variant (instead of Soul Reaping)
- You could bring to maximise DPS, but if you're taking Blood Magic its reasonable to assume that res power is more valuable.
Blood Magic gives more support in the form of minor heals. Usually not worth running, but here for the sake of completeness. Make sure to switch your heal to to benefit from the ranged revive.
Spite variant (instead of Soul Reaping)
Spite gives access to self-generate Quickness and Might, enabling you to easily maintain 25 stacks once a target is below 50% health. Use this in situations where you're completing a solo role (for example, doing Back Wargs at Escort). It also grants you far more vulnerability application.
- or ascended versions
- , or for a cheaper alternative
- or for a cheaper alternative
A lot of condi reaper's damage comes from combo fields - by far the most effective comes from the ice field provided by . Whirl finishers from , and all apply Chilled, which also applies Bleeding via . Your also has two projectile finishers on each attack.
In addition, applying Blind and Fear will also apply Chilled via and respectively, boosting damage from any skill that applies those conditions. As has a 3-second internal cooldown, spreading out your sources of Blind (, , and ) is also beneficial.
Finally, entering or exiting counts as a weapon swap, meaning that we can trigger and twice on each loop while only having them on the greatsword. To achieve this, as soon as we swap to greatsword (and trigger the sigils) we enter , then remain in shroud for approximately 9 seconds so that the sigil cooldown ends, and to trigger them a second time.
Begin on greatsword.
- - be sure to let it complete the animation
- and - both provide whirl finishers but performs more, so use it first in case you drop Quickness
- - this is a priority skill that will interrupt the cast of the previous skill if you use it too early, so be careful
- Weapon swap - you can weapon swap as soon as you see the claw from in order to cancel the aftercast
- (if available)
- (if available)
- → → x2
- If you didn't use this loop, do an extra autoattack chain
- Weapon swap
If is not available at step 4, but is nearly off cooldown, you can delay steps 3-6 until after step 8.
- → → x3
- - one extra autoattack to ensure that we're in shroud long enough to trigger and a second time when we exit.
- Now return to step 2 of the burst section
- Use whenever there are enemies near the main target. A second necromancer can even bounce the conditions back to the main target.
- Try to position yourself inside the hitbox of your target to ensure that all created Chilling bolts hit your target as they spawn instead of flying off uselessly.
- While the build uses CC as part of it's rotation, if your groups needs immediate access to CC bring instead of for CC on demand. It's better to do this than lose out on DPS by saving .
- If necessary, you can delay your while in shroud if it will line up with a defiance bar.
- If you fail to transfer conditions with , clear them with as they hurt quite a bit! Be aware that this will Blind you, so make sure to throw a single autoattack out afterwards to clear it.
- is one of the strongest crowd control skills the necromancer has.
- With a Warhorn in your 2nd weapon set, use . Note that by taking warhorn you lose your ability to transfer the self-condis from and , resulting in a ~1.5k DPS loss.
Part of rotation:
- By making use of and spacing out the blinds in your rotation, you can upkeep Chilled on a target at all times to greatly assist breakbars.
- is both a pull and applicator of Chilled you can use whilst in Greatsword
- can also be used to apply additional chills for breakbars whilst in Greatsword.
- For your shroud you have and .
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade