Reaper - Power DPS
Reaper is a self-sufficient AoE DPS class that gets even better the less experienced its group is.
Reaper's niche is that it has a huge health pool for a DPS class, and sustains very high personal Quickness, Might, and critical chance. It also brings heavy CC and Vulnerability similar to Holosmith. This makes it one of the best "solo carry" DPS classes, and it's very strong in disorganized groups that don't have dedicated supports providing Quickness, Might, Fury, and so on.
Apart from DPS, Reaper can provide some party support through , and can bring utilities like and to a dungeon/fractal group. It is also capable of stripping boons if needed.
- Staff can be replaced with Axe/Warhorn. This deals lower damage and has less cleave, but better lifeforce generation and allows you to provide more Vulnerability.
- None of the offhand weapon options offer any DPS. Warhorn is the default choice for the CC from , but other options can be taken if necessary:
- Use Focus offhand for additional boonstrip.
- Use Dagger offhand for a blind and condition cleanse. Be aware that dagger has no life force skill, making it more niche than the other two options.
- - your biggest heal, that also heals allies.
- - better DPS than when there are multiple targets.
- - if conditions are a problem.
When swapping out utility skills, don't replace unless it's absolutely necessary.
- - additional boonrip and unblockable attacks.
- - transfers conditions and helps with Chilled uptime.
- - better burst damage and cleave than . Also boonstrips in an area.
- - AoE pull for easier cleaving. Also helps with Chilled uptime.
- - worth taking if Chilled uptime is good, but life force is a problem.
- - destroys projectiles.
- - 1200 range teleport. Can also bodyblock certain projectiles (e.g. Old Tom's poison whirl).
- - AoE stability and condition cleanse.
- - if the party lacks might.
- - better burst damage than . Also useful for soloing Thaumanova heat room with your massive health pool.
- - if area CC is needed.
- can be replaced with if you are not using a staff.
Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping sacrifices significant personal DPS for sustain and party support. This is useful if your group struggles to stay above 90% health to maintain bonus or a lot of res power is needed.
- or slaying sigils if you can benefit from the bonus (replacing ).
- If you don't have stat infusions, use Assassin stats legs as well.
- You want to aim for ~2005-2010 precision (with ).
Eagle Rune Variant
If you want to benefit from , you will either need to slot in a lot more assassins pieces, or you can swap to . You need above 90% uptime for to be superior, so you may prefer to run the setup below:
- If you do not have stat infusions use an Assassin stats headpiece.
- You want to aim for ~2155 precision.
- or slaying potions
The logic behind this rotation is to maximise uptime by entering shroud as often as is possible, while trying to time , and with so that their pulsing effects benefit from the extra ferocity from and extra critical damage from . Other damage skills such as are used to fill downtime.
The opener is pretty flexible, but will determine which part of the loop to move on to next. In fractal CMs, it is useful to be prepared to vary the opener by when bosses open their defiance bars - if they open immediately (e.g. Skorvald or MAMA) then starting on Greatsword means you can immediately use , but if the defiance bar appears a bit later (e.g. Siax) you can start on Staff and spam marks before switching to Greatsword for CC into your burst.
- Weapon Swap quickly to cancel the aftercast
Each time you enter you do the same rotation.
- (only below 50%) - you can queue this during the cast of Death's Charge to ensure no autoattacks sneak in. This skill deals extra damage when the target is below 50% health, but you can also use it for CC above 50% health.
- - you can queue this during the cast of the previous skill to ensure no autoattacks sneak in
- ⇒ ⇒
- ⇒ ⇒ x2
- ⇒ ⇒
- Weapon swap
- ⇒ ⇒
- Repeat Reaper's Shroud Rotation
- ⇒ ⇒
- Weapon swap
- - the order of marks doesn't strictly matter, but if you drop Alacrity then Reaper's Mark might not be off cooldown in time when you exit Reaper's Shroud. Thus we use it early just in case.
- Repeat Reaper's Shroud Rotation
The full loop cycles between Reaper's Shroud ⇒ Staff-to-Greatsword ⇒ Reaper's Shroud ⇒ Greatsword-to-Staff ⇒ Repeat
Above 50% health, the rotation boils down to the following:
- Every time you swap to Greatsword (or exit shroud to it), use followed by .
- A full auto chain resets , so after one chain use it again then use your burst skills.
- Every time you swap to Staff (or exit shroud to it) you spam all your marks and either weapon swap or enter shroud.
- Always whirl inside the boss so you hit with every whirl finisher from .
Below 50% Health
When the boss is below 50% health, your rotation changes due to having no cooldown. Follow the rotation as above, but replace the Greatsword auto chain with a single .
- Your life force generation is lower below 50% health, as you no longer use Greatsword autos.
- Use off cooldown.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- In real fights, you won't always be able to make full use of because taking damage in Shroud will reduce your remaining life force. Anticipate this and break your rotation if needed so that you can build up enough life force to resume the normal rotation.
- Try to make sure you are above 90% health before going into so that you benefit from . This is because you can't get healed while in . It's worth delaying your shroud by a little bit if you know that you're going to be healed soon.
- Whenever you you can use it to cancel the animation of the last autoattack for a slight DPS increase.
- If possible, bind a key to Stow Weapon and use it to cancel the animation of immediately after the damage number appears. This shaves 200-300 ms off the activation time, which translates to a big DPS increase when the boss is under 50%. You can do the same by quickly queuing an autoattack and then cancelling it with . Both these methods take practise, so feel free to skip if you find yourself struggling.
- is a DPS loss if the aftercast is not cancelled. You can cancel the aftercast by entering or weapon swapping. Feel free to save this skill for CC or the pull.
- The casts of and are easy to interrupt by entering , so don't be too quick with it.
- In fights with adds or trash mobs, you can reset 's cooldown by hitting adds under 50% health. Take advantage of this to push out more casts while the boss is over 50% health.
- On some bosses, you can prestack marks with a staff for slightly better burst damage when the fight begins. You can do this on Siax, Skorvald, Viirastra/Artsariiv, Mursaat Overseer, Slothasor, Samarog, Gorseval, Vale Guardian, and Keep Construct.
- Use or for boonstrip.
- Since has no cast time, you can weave it in during your shroud rotation for stability and damage reduction. The damage reduction will also reduce the loss of life force.
- You can jump as you cast , then for a long jump.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium