Reaper - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Reaper is a self-sufficient AoE DPS class that gets better the less experienced its group is.
- Reaper's niche is that it has a huge health pool for a DPS class, and sustains very high personal Quickness, Might, and critical chance. It also brings heavy CC and Vulnerability similar to Holosmith - Power DPS. This makes it one of the best "solo carry" DPS classes, and it's very strong in disorganized groups that don't have dedicated supports providing Quickness, Might, Fury, and so on. However, its effectiveness falls off in organized and experienced groups as its DPS is weak compared to other fully buffed DPS classes.
- Apart from DPS, Reaper can provide solid party support through AoE Protection and , and can bring utilities like and to a dungeon/fractal group. It is also capable of stripping boons if needed.
Use Focus offhand for additional boonstrip.
Use Dagger offhand for a blind and condition cleanse.
- - better DPS than if you and your teammates have no trouble maintaining the bonus.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- When swapping out utility skills, replace Signet Passive: Improves power.
Signet Active: Inflict bleeding, blindness, crippled, poison, vulnerability, and weakness on your foe.
- - better burst damage and cleave than
- - AoE pull for easier cleaving. Also helps with chill uptime.
- - destroys projectiles.
- - 1200 range teleport. Can also bodyblock certain projectiles (e.g. Old Tom's poison whirl).
- - AoE blind, useful if party members are downing to trash.
- - AoE stability and condition cleanse.
- - transfers conditions and helps with chill uptime.
- - if the party lacks might.
- - swiftness for skips (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- - better burst damage than . Also useful for soloing Thaumanova heat room with your massive health pool.
- - if area CC is needed.
- Spite and Reaper are mandatory as they provide massive dps boosts. Soul Reaping is the standard third trait line, as it offers the best personal DPS with and .
- if vulnerability is lacking - this is a significant DPS loss.
Blood Magic Variant
- Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping sacrifices personal DPS for sustain and party support. This is useful if your group struggles to stay above 90% health to maintain bonus, and your Protection and are needed.
- if teammates are going down a lot.
- or slaying sigils if you can benefit from the bonus.
Soul Reaping or Blood Magic
- The logic behind this rotation is to constantly cast , , and. and should be timed with to benefit from the extra ferocity from . Other damage skills such as and are used to fill downtime.
- Opening Rotation
- Loop Rotation
- Use and off cooldown.
- Always whirl inside the boss so you hit with every whirl finisher from .
Below 50% Health
- When the boss is below 50% health, your rotation changes due to having no cooldown. Just spam over and over, adding , , , and (in shroud) whenever available.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- In real fights, you won't always be able to make full use of because taking damage in Shroud will reduce your remaining life force. Anticipate this and break your rotation if needed so that you can build up enough life force to resume the normal rotation.
- Try to make sure you are above 90% health before going into so that you benefit from . This is because you can't get healed while in . It's worth delaying your shroud by a little bit if you know that you're going to be healed soon.
- Whenever you you can use it to cancel the animation of the last autoattack for a slight DPS increase.
- If possible, bind a key to Stow Weapon and use it to cancel the animation of immediately after the damage number appears. This shaves 200-300 ms off the activation time, which translates to a big DPS increase when the boss is under 50%.
- and have long aftercasts so try to always cancel them with another skill or a weapon swap.
- In fights with adds or trash mobs, you can reset 's cooldown by hitting adds under 50% health. Take advantage of this to push out more casts while the boss is over 50% health.
- On some bosses, you can prestack marks with a staff for slightly better burst damage when the fight begins. You can do this on Siax, Skorvald, Viirastra/Artsariiv, Mursaat Overseer, Slothasor, Samarog, Gorseval, Vale Guardian, and Keep Construct.
- If playing Blood Magic variant, remember to tag enemies with so you get the extra damage and healing from .
- Use or for boonstrip.
- Since has no cast time, you can weave it in during your shroud rotation for stability and damage reduction.
- You can jump as you cast , then for a long jump.