Reaper - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Reaper is a self-sufficient AoE DPS class that gets better the less experienced its group is.
- Reaper's niche is that it has a huge health pool for a DPS class, and sustains very high personal Quickness, Might, and critical chance. It also brings heavy CC and Vulnerability similar to Holosmith - Power DPS. This makes it one of the best "solo carry" DPS classes, and it's very strong in disorganized groups that don't have dedicated supports providing Quickness, Might, Fury, and so on. However, its effectiveness falls off in organized and experienced groups as its DPS is weak compared to other fully buffed DPS classes.
- Apart from DPS, Reaper can provide solid party support through AoE Protection and , and can bring utilities like and to a dungeon/fractal group. It is also capable of stripping boons if needed.
None of the offhand weapon options offer any DPS. Warhorn is the default choice for the CC from , but other options can be taken if necessary:
Use Focus offhand for additional boonstrip.
Use Dagger offhand for a blind and condition cleanse. Be aware that dagger has no life force skill, making it more niche than the other two options.
- - better DPS than if you and your teammates have no trouble maintaining the bonus.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- When swapping out utility skills, replace Signet Passive: Improves power.
Signet Active: Inflict bleeding, blindness, crippled, poison, vulnerability, and weakness on your foe.
- - better burst damage and cleave than
- - AoE pull for easier cleaving. Also helps with chill uptime.
- - worth taking if Chill uptime is good, but life force is a problem.
- - destroys projectiles.
- - 1200 range teleport. Can also bodyblock certain projectiles (e.g. Old Tom's poison whirl).
- - AoE blind, useful if party members are downing to trash.
- - AoE stability and condition cleanse.
- - transfers conditions and helps with chill uptime.
- - if the party lacks might.
- - swiftness for skips (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- - better burst damage than . Also useful for soloing Thaumanova heat room with your massive health pool.
- - if area CC is needed.
- Spite and Reaper are mandatory as they provide massive dps boosts. Soul Reaping is the standard third trait line, as it offers the best personal DPS with and .
- for encounters where more burst is needed above 50% health (usually in fractals). It can also be taken when running for encounters that have too much incoming damage to maintain life force otherwise.
Blood Magic Variant
- Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping sacrifices significant personal DPS for sustain and party support. This is useful if your group struggles to stay above 90% health to maintain bonus, and your Protection and are needed.
- if teammates are going down a lot.
- or slaying sigils if you can benefit from the bonus.
- The logic behind this rotation is to maximise uptime by entering shroud as often as is possible, while trying to time and with so that their pulsing effects benefit from the extra ferocity and critical chance from and . Other damage skills such as and are used to fill downtime.
- Opening Rotation
- → → x8
- → → x2
- Weapon swap
- Loop Rotation
Above 50% health, the rotation boils down to the following:
- Every time you swap to greatsword (or exit shroud to it), use followed by .
- After performing two autoattack chains on greatsword, use followed by if they are available.
- If weapon swap is available, swap to axe and use followed by . Otherwise, enter immediately.
- If you exit shroud onto axe, use and immediately swap back to greatsword - you never want to be autoattacking on axe unless your target is beyond melee range.
- Use off cooldown to maintain life force and Chill.
- will "drift" during the rotation, so it will not always appear at the same point in the rotation and should be used off cooldown.
- When you use just before entering shroud in the loop rotation, do an extra shroud autoattack chain (for six total). This is necessary as otherwise shroud will not be off cooldown the next time you want to enter it. This is only necessary if you are very fast with your rotation.
- Always whirl inside the boss so you hit with every whirl finisher from .
Below 50% Health
- When the boss is below 50% health, your rotation changes due to having no cooldown. Follow the rotation as above, but replace greatsword autos and with five uses of .
- Your life force generation is lower below 50% health, as you no longer use . If you find yourself running low, replace one use of with and/or , as necessary.
- Similarly, your Chill uptime is lower, as you no longer use . If necessary, use before when you enter shroud, and use one fewer shroud autoattack chain (for four total).
- Where before you were adding extra shroud autoattack chains depending on when you used , below 50% instead use one extra time (for a total of six).
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- In real fights, you won't always be able to make full use of because taking damage in Shroud will reduce your remaining life force. Anticipate this and break your rotation if needed so that you can build up enough life force to resume the normal rotation.
- Try to make sure you are above 90% health before going into so that you benefit from . This is because you can't get healed while in . It's worth delaying your shroud by a little bit if you know that you're going to be healed soon.
- Whenever you you can use it to cancel the animation of the last autoattack for a slight DPS increase.
- If possible, bind a key to Stow Weapon and use it to cancel the animation of immediately after the damage number appears. This shaves 200-300 ms off the activation time, which translates to a big DPS increase when the boss is under 50%.
- is a DPS loss if the aftercast is not cancelled. You can cancel the aftercast by entering or weapon swapping. Feel free to save this skill for CC or the pull.
- The cast of is easy to interrupt with or by entering , so don't be too quick with these skills.
- In fights with adds or trash mobs, you can reset 's cooldown by hitting adds under 50% health. Take advantage of this to push out more casts while the boss is over 50% health.
- On some bosses, you can prestack marks with a staff for slightly better burst damage when the fight begins. You can do this on Siax, Skorvald, Viirastra/Artsariiv, Mursaat Overseer, Slothasor, Samarog, Gorseval, Vale Guardian, and Keep Construct.
- If playing Blood Magic variant, remember to tag enemies with so you get the extra damage and healing from .
- Use or for boonstrip.
- Since has no cast time, you can weave it in during your shroud rotation for stability and damage reduction. The damage reduction will also reduce the loss of life force.
- You can jump as you cast , then for a long jump.