Reaper - Procmancer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: PvP Conquest
Procmancer is a PvP condi Reaper build that's all about pressuring targets in teamfights with the help of various trait procs, making its burst sudden and unexpected. In this build even a simple Blind could apply 3 other conditions to a target, and no Necromancer build has better Chill uptime than this one.
The build shines at constantly maintaining a wide variety of conditions on enemies while also pressuring them with AoE boon corruption at the start of burst chains. High damage, low sustain.
For the optional slot:
- - area denial that can save your life and the Fear has great synergy with various traits.
- - a potentially life-saving positioning tool.
- - stunbreak, defense against direct damage, and great Life Force generation.
- - condition cleansing and frequent AoE Chill application.
- - great against blocks on a low CD.
- - low CD stunbreak with damage mitigation through Weakness.
- - great burst CD, especially useful against targets that rely on Stability. Can be used both defensively and offensively.
- - excellent anti-projectile skill which also brings Poison and Weakness spam to the table, further mitigating damage as well as enemy healing.
- Scepter over Pistol - Scepter remains a viable option especially for people who don't own the Secrets of the Obscure expansion. You lose a CC but gain a boon corrupt, however Scepter is a slower weapon and the damage requires some setup which makes it less ideal under pressure.
- Torch over Dagger - while Torch is a strong weapon, it comes with several tradeoffs in this build. Torch increases your condition diversity, improves Life Force generation and adds a CC (single target), however it's going to cost you a condition transfer, Blind synergy (several traits in the build are centered around this condition) and AoE Weakness. Torch offers more damage but lowers your survivability and trades AoE soft-CC ( Blind, Chill, Weakness) for single target hard-CC (a knockdown).
- makes it a bit harder to build Life Force but increases your burst damage, especially in shroud.
- adds a bit of life stealing to the build for slightly higher sustain.
- - better defense against Power-based burst damage.
- - offers more damage if you don't need the passive movement speed boost from Lynx.
- - a proc that adds a source of Burning to the build for more condition diversity.
- - adds a Chill proc to every shout. Worth considering especially when playing with at least one utility shout.
- - restores half a dodge roll's worth of endurance whenever you heal, improving your survivability. It's like a second Energy sigil.
- - adds a strong offensive proc whenever you use an elite skill. Enemies under the eye can get hit multiple times, so the value of this relic goes up significantly if you can stun them right under the eye with .
- Chill is the most important condition in the build. Not only because it gets your condi procs rolling but also because of the sustain tied to .
- Use as often as possible, even out of combat. This is crucial for building Life Force (LF).
- On top of the Stability and AoE stun also applies Quickness when it strikes an enemy target in melee range. Using this right before entering creates the perfect setup for your hard hitting shroud skills.
- has a very distinct animation which makes it easy to avoid, if you feel like that's going to happen then stow your weapon to cancel the channeling. This is also great for fake casting - you can use the skill, cancel it immediately with weapon stow (the whole animation's still going to finish, potentially baiting out dodges or other defensive CDs), and send it only on a CD of 5 seconds.
- Entering shroud procs and , these are both defensive and offensive by nature. Being able to corrupt boons and apply Weakness even when you're sitting in a CC could save your life, and these are great instant offensive procs as well which could kickstart your burst chain.
- Quickly following up with to apply Blind and corrupt more boons through is basically a 2 button burst combo that puts heavy pressure on every enemy around you.
- Entering shroud counts as a weapon swap and as such could proc and while on Scepter/Dagger (if the sigils aren't on CD) which are instantly applied to the enemy target via for increased burst and condition variety.
- Ideally try to use inside the field left behind by to combo .
- Cleansing on this build is rather limited and often tied to offensive skills such as and , skill #4 on both weapons. Other than that you've got but depending on what 3rd utility you took this may or may not be the only stunbreak in the build so use it wisely.
- There's more to (SW) than just being a stun breaker with a bit of LF management, this skill allows for quite a bit of creativity. For example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ break line of sight ⇒ cast ⇒ teleport back at the very end of the channeling (this makes it harder to avoid and reduces the chance of getting interrupted, although the outcome is going to be a bit luck based).
- Activate SW ⇒ (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- When playing with Scepter, is best used on targets that already have several conditions on them to maximize damage and LF generation.
- is a great setup for this skill, allowing you to deliver burst damage in an instant.
- is one of the strongest skills in the build due to its synergy with various traits. It's valuable in any situation from surviving enemy focus to pressuring multiple targets.
- For mobility use the following sequence:
- just before Death's Charge finishes (the ending of DC brings your character to a halt, which can be cancelled by dropping out of shroud early)
- is a great skill for quickly setting up other skills like , or a shroud burst.
- On Staff try to use AFTER for a free AoE Weakness combo.
Shroud burst rotation example
- to your target
- Twitch: Drazeh
- Twitch: CarolinDnB
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium