Reaper - Rise
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Direct damage
Designed for: WvW Zerg
A durable build with boon corruption, damage and minions.
- Weapon Variants
- Greatsword is a good option for the utility of and
- Utility Variants
- more boon removal, but less damage than the standard options
- feast option with additional power and ferocity.
- Single target damage
- Sustained pressure
- This build has high passive defense
- This build has low mobility skill access
- Make sure to drop your target when using for mobility
- This builds has low active defenses
- gives an unlisted 50% damage reduction
- is an instant cast that should be used whenever entering shroud
- Try not to use up all of your Life Force defensively, save enough for if possible
- Try to save your Well skills for the commanders call
- If you aren't using voice communication, use your wells at the same time as the other Necromancers in your group
- Cast before , due to the longer cooldown
- Only use your Well skills at the same time, do not use one early and desync their cooldowns
- When using ground AoEs like or , try to place them so that one edge is on the enemy group and the other edge is in the direction they are moving to
- Immediately after placing both wells enter to activate and remain in shroud for the duration of the wells
Single target damage
- Use ⇒ ⇒ to pick off isolated players
- Start fights on Staff to maximize ranged uptime
- Use immediately after Weapon Swap and use it gain immediately before swapping back
- Delaying your Weapon Swap slightly for the cooldown is fine
- Use when the enemy group tries to melee engage, especially when they use offensively
- Be extra careful not to use while you have Blind
- Enter as often as possible in melee, particularly when is off cooldown
- Make sure not to put yourself out of position with , leaving shroud without casting it is fine
- Make sure to trigger the flip skill before the 6 second duration of ends
- Save until and other projectile block is used up.
- Don't be afraid to drop form early if is being projectile blocked.
- Make sure to use while in lich form to activate
- Save to CC on your groups spikes
- Combo the blast of with the field of when possible
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium