Renegade - Power Bombardment
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: Open World and Open World General
Power Bombardment is a powerful roaming build for Renegade, performing very well in large events such as Bjora Marches or Dragonfall while also being capable of farming in fast-paced zergs and even soloing champions.
- Shortbow - ranged dps
- Hammer - ranged AOE
Revenant in general is a class with a large toolkit. Part of learning the class is learning which tools to use for which situation. Review the options below:
- - Provides a leap and powerful stunbreak that grants Resistance and Resolution.
- - provides very high vuln application and strong CC; our bread and butter on Renegade
- - Provides condi clear, projectile hate, and very high healing.
- - The strongest strike-based legend.
- - Provide large amounts of defense and CC.
- - provides a better flow to the class but requires more energy management.
- - more vuln
- - condi cleanse
- - helps allies
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear that is broadly applicable in PVE, making it an excellent general set.
- Knight - defensive trinkets
- Marauder - trades 10% dps for +40% health
- - defensive sigil
- - budget DPS
Due to the frequency of our interrupts when using , Renegade can make excellent use of interrupt sigils, such as . This can be very powerful against groups of trash mobs, though it loses effectiveness against anything with a defiance bar. We're listing the interrupt sigils here, separate from the normal sigils, because in situations where you aren't frequently fighting defiant foes they are typically stronger than what's listed above.
- - the strongest of the lot; this sigil's interaction with Darkrazor is absurd.
- - a significant DPS boost over , but not as strong as Draining, Force, or Rending.
- - an expensive sigil, but can boost both your sustain and damage significantly. Running Rending + Draining is the best option when fighting non-defiant trash in open world.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
Dealing damage with this build is a fairly simple matter. In general, your goal should always be to apply as much Vulnerability as possible to proc . To do this, use , which will apply considerable vuln in an area. Additionally, your Sword 1 and both apply a lot of vuln.
Because of energy management, you don't have a true rotation. Rather, we'll work on a skill priority system that determines which skills are more important to use. Note that this isn't final; use your judgment when deciding what skills to use. Note that the list below assumes you are running Kalla/Shiro.
- - the strongest ability in your entire kit thanks to its interaction with .
- - one of your strongest abilities; this skill does a small amount of damage but easily chews through breakbars. use this to benefit from exposed or to interrupt mobs to proc .
- - if the target is large, or you are a fighting a group, this is by far your hardest hitting skill. If you are fighting a single small target, it is often better to skip this.
- - one of your main damage tools; this ability is very strong against single foes
- - absurdly powerful ability that applies 8 stacks of vuln (triggering 8 stacks of battle scars)), hits 5 times, and deals high damage; try to use this off cooldown
- - your auto-attack; it's very strong, so long as you don't interrupt it
- - a short range teleport that grants Fury; the damage is alright, but the skill is energy intensive compared to other options
- - this skill does very low damage but is a useful evade that also grants might; typically it's best to avoid using it if trying to deal high damage as it's very energy intensive
- - this skill has a lot of different interactions with other skills, and is very energy intensive; an easy way to use it is just to keep it up at all times while in Shiro but it's worth considering that sometimes it's better to de-activate it.
- You can use as an evade.
- blocks attacks.
- , - extremely powerful when using Jalis
- You have constant healing from . You siphon even more life when or are active.
- Cleanse conditions with , , or the proc from .
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium