Scourge - Blood Sage
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A hybrid PvP Scourge build with a mix of condition pressure, support, and exceptional rez power via Blood Magic. More self-sufficient than most Necromancer builds which makes it popular amongst solo players.
- - can be considered if more cleansing is needed or when not using.
- - stun break and more condition management.
- - AoE boon corruption.
- - a single target, more frequently available, burstier version of Well of Corruption.
- - a mobility tool which has synergy with various traits.
- If you wish to sacrifice some party support for damage take with(especially if you'll have to kill bunkers).
- offers even more support and has synergy with.
- +combo better, or just getting your heal off quicker and with less risk.
Elite specialization basics
- is replaced by shade skills, but shroud related traits still work. Life force (LF) is no longer drained passively or upon taking damage, but instead serves as a resource used by F2-5 skills (F1, which places the shade, is free).
- Because of only one shade can be active at a time in exchange for a far bigger radius.still retains 3 charges, and you can move it freely if needed (or if you want to trigger effects that take place upon placing a shade such as). It's one of the best skills for AoE pressure.
- Even with no active shades you can make full use of your kit, as F2-5 skills also go off around the caster. The effects however do not stack - if the target is in range of both the caster and the shade, he won't get hit twice by the same skill.
- will proc on every single shade skill, including Manifest Sand Shade.
- Every shade skill inflicts Burning, Cripple, and Torment (potentially Vulnerability too from Sigil of Fallibility).
- (or) should be used as soon as the match starts in order to get a Leeching proc fromSuperior Rune of Scavenging(1): +25 Condition Damage (2): 25% chance when struck to cause your next attack to steal life. (Cooldown: 25s) (3): +50 Condition Damage (4): After using a healing skill, your next attack skill will steal health. (Cooldown: 10s) (5): +100 Condition Damage (6): 7% of vitality is converted to Condition Damage.
- The build has a lot of barrier applications, keep in mind that you can't have an active barrier higher than 50% of your maximum health, although reaching the cap should be more than rare.
- Do not spam your staff marks on the ground while out of combat, as a single dodge can undo them all. Placing on chokes to detect enemies crossing in stealth is fine however, as it's a rather short CD and weak one.
- The last skill of the scepter auto attack chain corrupts a boon into a condition.
- Scourge mobility is rather bad, so try to make use of the terrain with proper positioning. Make it hard for enemies to reach you especially ranged ones - pillars are your second best friend, right after a bunker Firebrand.
- The build only has 1 mass cleanse by default: (2 if you took, 3 with). Hold onto it as long as you can.
- Consider using before your heal for the Stability while under heavy pressure.
- is a rather powerful skill, but also easily avoidable. Don't just drop it randomly at the start of the fight, wait for the right moment - look for a situation where you can make your opponent overcommit. Place it on enemies trying to revive their downed teammate, or under yourself on low HP to scare them off.
- Blood Magic traits and Scourge mechanics make this build exceptionally good at reviving allies:
- triggers, which restores both normal and downed health for all allies around you. This will also teleport downed people to the very first time they come in range of the skill. Channeling isn't interrupted when you begin to rez manually (pressing F by default), nor when you go into downed state, which means even if it won't fully revive you, it can still make it easier for allies to do so.
- procs a Well that heals and revives.
- cancels the regular downstate HP degeneration.
- Try to share the barrier from ,, andwith as many allies as possible. They'll have to be in range of either you or a shade, spread out (so basically don't stand on your shade whenever possible) to cover a bigger area.
Life force management
- As your shade skills cost LF, being efficient at managing this resource will be crucial for both your damage and sustain. We're going to list all the sources and provide a few tips for getting the most out of them.
- All staff skills generate life force:
- is a rather weak skill and there's no way you'll be able to use it much under any pressure. It does however generate 5% LF per target hit, and you should use it for the occasional ranged poking. Alternatively, right after you won a fight (and no enemies are nearby who could rez their downed allies) you can use the downed bodies as batteries and just spam staff autos at them for a substantial amount of free life force.
- Marks are unblockable and generate 3% LF each. Skills 2-3 can be used freely for just pressure and LF building, while skills 4-5 are more powerful and should be kept for the proper occasion (skill #4 for mass cleansing and #5 for interrupting).
- On scepter/torch you have 2 such skills:
- should be used with at least 4 conditions on the target, both your burst damage and LF stacking benefits from the higher number of conditions on the target. Make sure that this skill lands by CCing the target with eitheror.
- is rather straightforward, just try to hit as many targets as possible including Ranger pets and Mesmer illusions.
- isn't tied to any weapon and you have 2 of this in the build, one on your bar and the other as a proc from. This is an excellent defensive tool as it breaks stun, applies Protection and generates LF for defensive abilities while under pressure. Keep in mind that these do not stack, using Spectral Armor after a Last Gasp proc will just override it.
- Trait dependent Finally, boon removal (not just corruption, but any kind of removal including some of your sigil effects) grants 5% per boon on a 5s CD via . You can corrupt boons with the end of your scepter auto chain,, or any of your Punishment skills (heal, elite, etc).
- Twitch: Naru