Specter - Condition Specter
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
Condition Specter is an extremely versatile and powerful specialization for OW gameplay. Due to the easy access to , strong self-healing and mobile ranged gameplay, it alleviates the survivability concerns of other Thief specializations. It does not have the strongest burst and also somewhat lacks in terms of cleave damage, but it compensates that through strong single-target damage and a large amounts of native CC damage, even when alone. It also shares its gear with the condition dps variant for group content, making it a very convenient option for general PvE gameplay. Specter's damage also gets ramped up with allies around you due to , and , so it is great for all kinds of group gameplay as well.
- The choice between and is a matter of preference; if you don't benefit from additional vigor uptime, the latter is better for a little additional damage, especially when using . provides boonstrip, which can also be handy in some cases.
- can be used for a large area heal upon exiting shroud, at the cost of the remaining shadow force.
- This setup is optimised about a tier-10 jade bot power core, if you only have a low-tier (or no) power core, replace one accessory with Viper stats. That is due to converting Vitality to Expertise.
- Ascended is not required for open world, exotic equipment is sufficient (you may wish to add more Viper stats gear as required to reach condition duration cap).
- For a tanky option suitable for solo play you can also consider using a mixture of Trailblazer stats and Dire stats; just make sure that you still cap condition duration the same way as noted down below.
- You can consider exploiting the synergy between a and for ludicrous amounts of healing in AoE-scenarios. Note that this can only trigger for every third daze on enemies with breakbars.
- Always use to maximize the additional condition duration on both Torment and 24px Poisoned since they are your main sources of damage. With the 50% added by , you need around 52% overall condition duration since and add 48% to poison duration.
- , budget option
- (and variants) - farming
- Outside of , spam as it grants by far the highest amount of damage per cast/initiative spent. That is also why it is not recommended to change any of the two weapons.
- Also use , , and on cooldown to condi-bomb enemies and to generate additional shadow force.
- In situations where you are not alone, you can use instead of for higher damage.
- In , use on cooldown and spam auto attacks. (Eternal Night) also applies poison, so it is worth casting as well.
- You have lots of CC sources, both for soft and hard CC. (Dawn's Repose), , , and (Mind Shock) all apply hard CC, making it very easy to break defiance bars, espeically since you have a high uptime on Chilled, Weakness, Slow and Cripple as well.
- is your main source of healing, so make use of it as often as required. It also heals allies over time.
- In , (Eternal Night) also provides some healing upon hitting enemies with it.
- makes you immune to damage while it is active (you will take damage to shadow force instead), so it is your main source of damage mitigation.
- All your well skills also allow you to quickly resposition yourself since they are shadowsteps
Detailed explanations on the general usage and rotation are given in the video down below:
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade