Spellbreaker - Bannerbreaker
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: WvW Zerg
Heavy boon support with permanent Resistance by carrying your banner around, Might Quickness and Fury. Burst skills can be used while carrying the banner. Can do even more by weaving weapon skills between banner drops.
This build will be obsolete after the Aug 2nd game update. This page will be moved/reworked after the patches release.
- - if party is already capped on Might
- - if party is already capped on Quickness
- - if party is already capped on Quickness and Might
- Some of the duplicate sigils can be swapped
- - will slightly reduce boonrip if swapped off hammer
- - technically not needed on sword/wh with a perfect rotation
- / - can free up a lot of gear for more defensive stats
- - for adrenaline
- - requires gear adjustment
- - any 100 concentration food works
- personal food option
- Offensive Boons
- Other Support
- This build has high passive defense
- This build has moderate mobility skill access
- will leap towards your target if you have one, make sure to drop your target if you need to use it for mobility
- Since can't be used while holding a banner use for repositioning defensively when needed
- This builds has low active defenses
- Maximizing this build relies on dropping , weaving in skill casts and picking the banner back up before your group moves away from it
- Make sure to prioritize keeping the banner with you, Resistance is more important than the other things you can do
- can't be interacted with for three seconds after being dropped
- gives Resistance immediately when dropped, both by cast and from being carried
- Make sure to pick up and drop the banner whenever possible to stack duration
- The banner doesn't pulse Resistance for 5 seconds after being picked up, but afterwards will pulse normally
- Have Hammer equipped whenever possible when picking up the banner to maintain access to
- Use your CC when:
- Your group calls a spike:
- Winds -
- Wells - +
- Shades -
- Traps - +
- On top of enemy downs (while alive players are on top of them)
- Enemy groups moving defensively while your group is pushing
- Your group calls a spike:
- Much of your boon rip comes from CC due to the synergies between , and
- Since you need to actually apply the stun/daze/knockdown to proc your trait/sigil synergies, make sure to target enemy players and watch their boon bar, only prioritizing CCing over boon rip when they run out of Stability
- Aim to the side of enemy groups instead of center mass to avoid damage. The AoE is large enough to still catch 5 targets.
- should be used exclusively to reset the cooldown of
- To ensure triggers, you can briefly move into hostile enemy ground pressure.
- Be careful with the knockback of , the skill is not worth casting if it will move enemies out of damage
- can be cancelled with Escape
- Flurry applies its Immobilize instantly, and the other effects are negligible on a support build.
- is a single target CC and very slow cast, its best use is following up on a player singled out by other CC and unable to avoid it
- Land on the enemy group while your group is in range to follow up with a spike
- Communicate while casting, let your team know if it gets interrupted and whether it's available or not
- Make sure is ready every time is and use it immediately before starting the cast to protect it
- It is worth casting and/or just to get into a better position for , even if they hit no enemies
- is a great way to proc to give you enough Adrenaline for
- Use Autoattacks to proc and when no other useful skills are ready and you can do it safely.
- Use just before engaging when possible, since the Barrier will last 5 seconds after application
- If an ally in your party has cast on them and does not manage to remove it before the duration times out, you can keep them alive by giving them Barrier before the 15 second duration ends
- should be used after your group dodges through the enemy since it also restores Endurance
- Use to clear Immobilize on crosses
- Under General Options / User Interface check Always show squad health bars and Always show party health bars. These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support.
- Also under General Options / User Interface turn on Thick party health bars
- Thick squad health bars can be used too as a matter of personal preference, but is not recommended for large numbers
- Under Squad Options uncheck View as a grid. This will allow you to keep track of your allies' boons, conditions and health, enabling a better decision-making and skill management.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade