Spellbreaker - DPS Spellbreaker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Spellbreaker build for WvW. Combines high personal damage, good personal survivability and extreme boonrip.
First Weapon Set
- Healing Signet strong in fights with heavy range pressure
- Dolyak Signet over Balanced Stance. This choice is up to personal preference; Dolyak gives more more stability and bonus toughness until used, but is weaker against boon removal.
- "Shake It Off!" for more access to stunbreaks and AoE cleanse.
- Endure Pain over Break Enchantments a more defensive option.
- Berserker Stance over Featherfoot Grace for more adrenaline, good against strong range pressure.
- Use as much Marauder's gear as you need to survive, fill in other slots with Berserker's for a small DPS increase
- Once in full Berserker's, Assassin's may be used in some slots for a very small DPS increase, the amount of Assassin's to use will depend on your average might uptime so make use of an Effective Power calculator.
- cheaper option than scholar.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- defensive option.
- Coordinate Winds of Disenchantment with your team to lock down and kill enemies stuck inside.
- Winds of Disenchantment moves with the Spellbreaker, allowing you to chase enemy groups. Be careful to stay within range of support, as you can be interrupted.
- Cast Break Enchantments as often as possible.
- 24px Full Counter resets the cooldown on your burst skills, make sure to use them before full counter.
- Versatile Rage provides 5 adrenaline, half of what is needed for a Burst skill. Swap often to maximize DPS.
- Warrior's Sprint removes Immobilize when using a movement skill - list of movement skills in the build:
- Use your utilities conservatively, once out of cooldowns you become a very easy target.
- Be mindful of your opponent's dodges and boons: look out for Aegis and Stability when attempting to CC. Count their dodges, too; if you see an opponent dodge twice in a row with no stability it is time to unload.
- If you go to your keybinding options, you can assign a "Stow Weapon" key. If you press your stow weapon key during a long weapon animation (i.e., Hammer 4, 5) you can cancel the cast and put it on a 3 second cooldown instead of the full duration. This is excellent for baiting dodges from your enemies, as well as cancelling skills you know won't connect.
- Use downed or CCed enemies as a setup for Hundred Blades. Cleaving on friendly downs to protect teammates rezzing is also useful.
- Try to use your burst skills before Hundred Blades for maximum DPS and also to refill adrenaline.
- Whirlwind Attack deals substantial damage and should NOT be used only for its mobility.
- Use Staggering Blow and Earthshaker on friendly and enemy downs to disrupt rezzes and stomps.
- Earthshaker is a Blast Finishers, try to land it on allied Combo Fields.
- YouTube: [rQm] Lapiy
- YouTube: [BoRP] Lapiy
- YouTube: Diablo Sinz