Spellbreaker - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS Spellbreaker build for fractals and raids. This build provides sustained damage, good CC and Vulnerability, and boonstrip on demand. It is also highly durable for a DPS class with a large health pool and .
- Spellbreaker's weakness is that it is a heavily fight and reaction dependent class. Its DPS relies on proccing and, and maintaining the,, andbuffs. Thus, while Spellbreaker has good theoretical DPS, it takes a lot of practice to play to its full potential in real fights.
An alternative weapon setup is Axe/Axe and Greatsword, which is able to perform a similar damage output and a slightly different rotation
- Replace with other healing skills if you don't need to burst adrenaline as the fight starts.
- Replace withif large amount of boon removal is required,if your group needs team resurrection, orfor more CC.
Note that the trait
works for all banner buffs applied to you, not just buffs from your banners. Replace
if boon removal is not needed.
If using the greatsword build. swap
- Simply swap the weapons used if playing the greatsword variant, using the same weapon stats and sigils.
- In fractals the can be replaced with a sigil from Fractal Consumables Sigils and Infusions to maximize damage.
- If you have a ranger providing spotter, you can use
Which weapon setup to use
The difference in damage output between the two different weapon setups is fairly small when played optimally, so your choice can be based on personal preference. However, if you are struggling to get hit while in
you will have better results using the Mace/Axe version of the build, which isn't reliant on
to maximize its damage.
Mace/Axe + Axe/Dagger Variant
as the encounter starts so that you have adrenaline and three stacks of
to begin the rotation
- will not be recharged once you reach its place in the rotation after looping back to step 16, instead useinstead.should then be used in place of the next. Overall you should have casttwice in the rotation before usingagain.
- andcan both be used to mitigate incoming attacks for a damage gain over dodging (make sure the attack you're trying to mitigate isn't unblockable though!)
before the encounter starts so that you have adrenaline to begin the rotation
- Only use if you know you will be hit to activate the damage component of the skill, otherwise replace it with. You can use things like the posion ground at Slothasor, the lit up floor at Vale Guardian and the black goop at Gorseval as well as boss autoattacks etc to get hit.
- Make sure that you position yourself so that both the throw and return hits of hit the boss
- Be careful not to use into a bad position or out of chronomancer wells. Try to use it against a wall if possible.
Thanks to Butterpeanut for the Mace rotation