Spellbreaker - Support Spellbreaker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
First Weapon Set
- Excellent self sustain.
- if needing additional stability.
- access to superspeed and resistance.
- for incredible Immobilize output
- when running
- Feast option with additional concentration
- Cleric's is higher effective healing (thanks to ) but loses boon uptime and effective health.
- Nomad's is higher self sustain for less group support.
- Additional cleanse but less healing output.
- Good self sustain and minor group support option.
- on Hammer
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skills. Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- To ensure triggers, briefly move into hostile enemy ground pressure. It shouldn't be hard to proc, unless the enemy is retreating or disengaging.
- FC is both a defensive and an offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Stability, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- This build focus on supporting, heavy crowd control and boon removal.
- This build doesn't run Discipline, which means is non-existant and you're locked in a weapon set for 9s. With that in mind, try to not burn through all your cooldowns instantly, pace then wisely, according to the flow of the fight.
- and significantly enhance your support tools.
- Adrenaline generation revolves , and .
- and will be your main tools agaisnt spike damage and in the build.
- Most of your passive sustain will rely on and .
- should be used for your group more than yourself, for its dodge roll refund in high pressure situations. Also, unlike the other shouts, it has a cast time.
- aswell as modest healing and defensive tool through , this skill can give massive offensive boons to your group as they unload damage. Time it with group spikes along with your crowd control.
- (SIO) is a massive cleanse that will also heal allies for a significant amount. Due to its high cooldown, save it for when it will have the most impact and cleanse the most conditions.
- will give a strong heal for every condition you cleanse. Keep this in mind and potentially save large cooldowns like SIO for allies with lowered health and lots of conditions. It also procs a passive SIO every 20s.
- Both and are instant cast skills, which means you can use then along other abilities without interrupting the cast.
- Unlike Scourges, your boon removal skills don't turn the enemy boons into conditions, which, at a first glance, would look bad simply because you are somehow "stealing" potential boon corrupts from your scourges and, therefore, softing the condi pressure on your foes. However, in the current meta, the fact that condition convert is still relevant, due stuff like and
- (WoD) is a channel skill that moves with the Spellbreaker, applies an effect which prevents enemies from getting boons and also removes boons. It's the most important skill in the build, and should always be communicated whenever casting it, if it gets interrupted and whether it's available or not.
- This skill moves with your character. Be mindful not to accidentally cancel it with dodge rolls or skills as it must be channelled.
- WoD can be used both offensively and defensively as long as coordinated it with your team pressure. Wells, shades and overall damage must be landed alongside WoD AoE to get enabled and enhanced. Using WoD without any relevant friendly follow up is discouraged and brings no teamplay value.
- Unless running or relying on , you will have to stay within range of support (firebrands and scrappers - usually 300-range), to get Stability, Resistance and cover boons whenever going for . Stability to refrain CCs, Resistance to ignore movement impending conditions like Immobilize, and to deny Fear application if your Stability gets corrupted.
- The bubble covers a big area, so you don't have to be on top of the enemy all the time, you could lock then through the edges. Just remember, it affects up to 10 foes and you should be aiming for that.
- Overlapping multiple WoDs for a stronger boonrip spike might be interesting on all-in and triple way scenarios, yet pacing it is the safest choice in general.
- will be 100% your opener whenever you get in melee range, for the huge adrenaline it provides thanks again . Besides that, it will be used on engages and re-engages for the spike boonrip it provides.
- Hammers skills and FC, due to tied to , are going be your main source of boonrip once your Meditation abilities are under cooldown.
- grants you great mobility. Use it offensively to approach enemy's zerg. Or defensively to reposition yourself.
- is a strong immobilize and its animation can be canceled by "Stow Weapon". Coordinate with your group to use it, along with if possible, to lock in enemies inside bubbles and necromancer's wells
- will give a minor damage increase to the next 2 strikes of your allies, but should be primarily used against enemy damage spikes to remove movement impairing conditions.
- is incredible against enemy pushes for its massive Barrier output and application of Resistance to help get your group through spikes
- grants CC and a mobility tool, and often procs . Enemies with Stability will deny CCs and, thus, your boonrips, so try to always time it with and around your scourges cooldowns. Can also be used for risky plays, as the mobility can quickly reposition you.
- can lock people down with variants in the same way Earthshaker can, but ignoring stability.
- will be chained with AoE CC skills. Keep in mind it knocks back and you group might not want to spread out targets.
- single target CC. Use after all your AoE CCs are unavailable.
- Fill dowtime with and .
- Hammer stun: ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ (from here you can go Sw/Wh and use )
- Immob me daddy: ⇒ ⇒ (from here you can go Hammer and or camp for Warhorn CDs).
- Stow animation.
- In the heat of WvW, with dodge rolls and CC, you may find it impossible to complete this rotation 100% of the time. Your priority is using as many Burst skills as possible at close range.
- Run if adrenaline is an issue.
- YouTube: [LAYS] Nephistos