Tempest - Boon Support Healer
Designed for: Raids
Tempest is capable of providing permanent uptime of Alacrity, Fury, Might, Protection, Regeneration, Swiftness and high Vigor on their subgroup, and offering more healing than Druid - Boon Support Healer.
Because you provide the same boons and do higher personal DPS and healing than druid, this build excels as a druid replacement for groups that need a little more healing than druid offers. You will miss out on druid's higher CC, and tempest's reliance on being close to the squad for boons makes it a poor kiter, but you gain which will allow you to skip certain mechanics that would otherwise down the group.
Sceptre can be used instead of dagger if you need to be at range, but you will lose significant healing from .
is needed to maintain permanent Protection. As you need to leave for boons, this can leave you without sources of healing, so , and are there to fill in the gap, but can be swapped out if they are not needed.
- Most utility shout skills are provide a number of boons thanks to and , so it is important to keep at least one on your bar, but you can bring more if desired.
provides a way to skip certain mechanics that would otherwise down the group.
- and may be more DPS depending on your rotation, was chosen for the extra weakness uptime, which benefits a few classes.
- for a bit more condi cleansing
- for easier Protection uptime.
- will let you build Might up faster, but you lose the ability to provide permanent uptime of Regeneration and Vigor for the squad.
- The gear above is designed to cap boon duration when using +70 concentration food.
- or ascended versions
The basic rotation idea will be the same regardless of which mainhand weapon you're using, as your key skills are on your overloads, warhorn, and shouts, leaving mainhand weapon skills predominantly for damage.
Start in Fire Attunement
- Throw out any quick DPS skills such as and use in the fire field to blast some Might
- to start stacking Might
- Stay in Fire Attunement until you hit 25 Might
- to share the Might and Fury with your squad
Swap to Water Attunement
- to blast more Might
Swap to Earth Attunement
- to apply Protection and extend boons on everyone
- and other DPS skills
- Wait until is ready and use it
The core of your boon application is to use and whenever they are available (every 24 seconds, with Alacrity), also using the overloads in these attunements. This means you want to switch to Fire Attunement within ~3 seconds of it coming off cooldown, and repeat the opener. You should alternate between Water Attunement and one of the other attunements, using whichever healing skills are available whenever you return to water. It is important NOT to use as this will lock you out of Water Attunement for too long. Enter Air Attunement for , and you can try to squeeze in some extra DPS via or but it's not essential.
Be aware that your skills that generate Magnetic Aura - , , via , and while in Earth Attunement - will cause you to reflect projectiles. This can be very useful, but can also lead to problems at encounters such as Matthias or Cairn if you are not careful when you use them.
- Swapping to Water Attunement will trigger
- and on warhorn
- on dagger, plus you can use to blast the water field from for more
- on sceptre
Your sustained healing will be lower when outside of Water Attunement, so you should use your other skills to maintain your group's health:
- is your bread and butter emergency heal, as it doesn't require you to break from your rotation to use
- is a substantial heal and partial revive that can target players up to 1200 away. This makes it by far your most reliable ranged heal and therefore it should probably be saved for when it's needed rather than using it on the stack
- is a powerful conjure that will provide you with sustained from if Water Attunement. The splash healing only works if you hit a target, but it could be used to provide healing to the stack if you need to be at range
- is an enormous heal on a very low cooldown for as long as your elemental is alive
- While not exactly a heal, can be much more effective by negating incoming damage that would otherwise down multiple people - good encounter knowledge will help you make the best use of this
Conveniently, just about the only skill that isn't a DPS increase or a heal is on dagger, so as long as you keep switching attunements at the correct time you can go pretty far by just mashing any skill that's off cooldown
You may also wish to avoid on sceptre, as the extra toughness might make you the tank on some encounters
Fresh Air rotations
If you're running , you can structure your rotation for a bit more damage by going from Earth Attunement → Air Attunement → Water Attunement → Air Attunement → Fire Attunement after the opener staying in Air Attunement long enough to use each time. This is a minor reduction in boon generation that allows you to get two uses each of out , , and each loop.
If your group has low Vulnerability, you can boost it significantly by taking and/or sceptre:
- generates about 15 stacks
- can generate 25 stacks even on a small target if aimed properly
- 's short cooldown allows it to be used twice each time you switch to water, for an extra 10 stacks per loop
You don't have a huge amount of CC available, and what you do have is part of your rotation so you may need to delay some skills if there is a defiance bar coming up:
- is a significant amount of CC, and can be pushed higher if you're able to build up two stacks of water arrow before using it
- if your elemental is alive
- → on dagger
If you're running you can keep your air skills off cooldown and go about your rotation as normal, as this trait means you will always be able to switch to air as soon as a defiance bar appears.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade