Tempest - Boon Support Healer
Designed for: Raids
Because you provide the same boons and do higher personal DPS and healing than druid, this build excels as a druid replacement for groups that need a little more healing than druid offers, without having to bring a second healer. You will miss out on druid's multiple damage buffs and higher CC, and tempest's reliance on being close to the squad for boons makes it a poor kiter, but you gain which will allow you to skip certain mechanics that would otherwise down the group. Additionally, as Druid's buffs are most beneficial to power DPS, swapping the druid for a tempest is a minimal group DPS loss if people are playing condi DPS builds.
Sceptre can be used instead of dagger if you need to be at range
- may be taken instead of for an additional ranged heal/revive, or on encounters where reflects are undesirable (such as Cairn or Matthias)
- provides a group stunbreak as well as Superspeed which can be particularly useful on "event" encounters such as Spirit Woods or Siege Escort
Elite Skills If won't be useful you could use in Water Attunement - is a massive heal on only a 15 second cooldown, and is a small CC as well
- and may be more DPS depending on your rotation, was chosen for the extra weakness uptime, which benefits a few classes.
- for a bit more condi cleansing
- for an automatic stun break for you and your allies.
- will let you build Might up faster, but you lose the ability to provide permanent uptime of Regeneration and Vigor for the squad.
- The gear above is designed to cap boon duration when using +100 concentration food. If you are not using such food, you can switch some of the magi pieces to harrier.
- or ascended versions
The basic rotation idea will be the same regardless of which mainhand weapon you're using, as your key skills are on your overloads, warhorn, and shouts, leaving mainhand weapon skills predominantly for damage.
Start in Fire Attunement
- to provide some initial Might and Fury
- Throw out any quick DPS skills such as and use in the fire field to blast some Might
- to start stacking Might
- Use and stay in Fire Attunement until you hit 25 Might
- to share the Might and Fury with your squad
Swap to Earth Attunement
- to apply Protection and extend boons on everyone
- and other DPS skills
- If you don't need to apply Protection you can switch to another attunement, otherwise wait until is ready and use it
The core of your boon application is to use and whenever they are available (every 24 seconds, with Alacrity). This means you want to switch to Fire Attunement within ~3 seconds of it coming off cooldown, and repeat the opener. The rest of the time you can balance between Water Attunement and Air Attunement if you wish to focus on healing or damage, respectively.
Be aware that your skills that generate Magnetic Aura - , , via , and while in Earth Attunement - will cause your group to reflect projectiles. This can be very useful, but can also lead to problems at encounters such as Matthias or Cairn if you are not careful when you use them.
Most of the time, your healing will be done passively through aura sharing from your shouts and overloads (thanks to ), and from your Regeneration. If extra healing is required, you have the following skills available:
- is your bread and butter emergency heal, as it doesn't require you to break from your rotation to use, and can hit up to 10 players
- Swapping to Water Attunement will trigger
- and on warhorn
- on dagger, plus you can use to blast the water field from for more
- on sceptre
- Try to space out your auras (such as from your utility shouts) a bit after the opener so that you have persistent healing
- There are additional auras on and , and can provide another aura if you combo with an appropriate field such as that from
- Using will put Water Attunement on a 20-second cooldown, so it should only be used as a last resort
- While not exactly a heal, can be much more effective by negating incoming damage that would otherwise down multiple people - good encounter knowledge will help you make the best use of this
- On dagger, the long cast time of allows you to switch to Water Attunement during the cast to get a free if you use it as the last skill in Fire Attunement, then switch to Earth Attunement as normal
Conveniently, just about the only skill that isn't a DPS increase or a heal is on dagger (and even that can be a heal if you can get an aura combo), so as long as you keep switching attunements at the correct time you can go pretty far by just mashing any skill that's off cooldown
You may also wish to avoid on sceptre, as the extra toughness might make you the tank on some encounters
Fresh Air rotations
If you're running , you can structure your rotation for a bit more damage by going from Earth Attunement → Air Attunement → Water Attunement → Air Attunement → Fire Attunement after the opener staying in Air Attunement long enough to use each time. This is a minor reduction in boon generation that allows you to get two uses each of out , , and each loop.
If your group has low Vulnerability, you can boost it significantly by taking and/or sceptre:
- generates about 15 stacks
- can generate 25 stacks even on a small target if aimed properly
- 's short cooldown allows it to be used twice each time you switch to water, for an extra 10 stacks per loop
You don't have a huge amount of CC available, and what you do have is part of your rotation so you may need to delay some skills if there is a defiance bar coming up:
- → on dagger
If you're running you can keep your air skills off cooldown and go about your rotation as normal, as this trait means you will always be able to switch to air as soon as a defiance bar appears.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade