Tempest - Condi Tempest
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Condi Tempest is a condition damage based tempest build for open world that focuses on inflicting AoE Burning and Bleeding. It is naturally tanky, with good access to Protection and some Stability. It has great uptime of Might for self and allies, and good supportive options. It is very easy to learn and play.
- Mainhand Dagger - higher base damage and more AoE than Scepter, but locked to melee range and harder to use.
- - blast finisher heal
- - very high DPS skill that can double as damage soak; note that the elementals die when you mount up
- - area Magnetic Aura for projectile reflection, Protection, and impairs enemies, plus a blast finisher.
- - AoE burst damage from or pulsing Blinded with .
- - breaks stun and blocks 3 attacks.
- - for mobility.
- - very situational skill that can be considered against certain bosses with oneshot attacks.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This equipment is useful in general PVE.
- Other relics include , , and .
- For defense, equip the highest tier Jade Core you can afford. Use defensive food, traits, or skills if required. If necessary, use Trailblazer, Celestial, or Ritualist trinkets.
A very cheap equipment set with very high HP.
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Flatbread Ascended food.
- Prioritize Flatbread Ascended food.
- (and variants)
The build is extremely simple and revolves around and . Use and off cooldown. Thanks to , you will not lose the passive effects of signets after using them. Use in Fire for damage, or in Air for Vulnerability.
For open world play it is perfectly fine to just stay in fire attunement if you wish for a easier more laid back playstyle.
- In Fire, use + + (you can leave Fire during the casting of Drake's Breath). Use to share all the Might you generate with nearby allies.
- In water, use when you need a blast finisher (more about finishers below).
- In Air, use and . can be used for damage if you won't need the CC.
- In Earth, use , , . Use when you have boons to extend their duration.
- In Fire, use + + . Phoenix and Dragon's Tooth are blast finishers (more about finishers below). Use to share all the Might you generate with nearby allies.
- In Air, use and off cooldown. can be used for damage if you won't need the CC.
- In Earth, use and ⇒ . Use when you have boons to extend their duration.
Elementalists in general have many combo fields and finishers. These skills provide additional effects when interacting with each other. Here are some good combos you should keep in mind, you have to be near the skill to receive these effects.
- Fire fields like : use a blast finisher like to generate AoE 3 stacks of Might for 20 seconds.
- Water fields like : use a blast finisher like to create AoE 1320 healing.
You can also use combo fields to generate auras.
If you want to know more about combos, check the official wiki.
Elementals are really good allies in any open world elementalist build. Their only downside is that they die when you mount up.
- Glyph of Lesser Elementals
summons one elemental for 2 minutes. If you cast it off cooldown, you can have 3 elementals alive almost always.
- The Lesser Fire Elemental deals good melee range AoE strike damage and Burning, and provides Might. It has the highest AoE damage of all Lesser Elementals.
- The Lesser Ice Elemental deals very low damage and inflicts a lot of Chill (80-90% uptime) through an ice combo field.
- The Lesser Air Elemental deals great single target damage and generates Swiftness. It has the highest singe target dps of all Lesser Elementals.
- The Lesser Earth Elemental deals low damage, inflicts Weakness, and is very tanky.
- Glyph of Elementals
summons one elemental for 2 minutes with the same attacks and behaviour as Lesser Elementals, but can be commanded to do an additional skill.
- The Fire Elemental can be commanded to deal damage and Burning in an AoE.
- The Ice Elemental can be commanded to deal damage in an AoE, while healing nearby allies by 6401, kocking back enemies, and removing 1 condition.
- The Air Elemental can be commanded to Stun for 1.5 seconds.
- The Earth Elemental can be commanded to inflict nearby enemies with 1 second of Immobilize and 5 seconds of Cripple, while providing 3 seconds of Protection to nearby allies.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Both and evade attacks while casting.
- You cannot dodge while doing an Overload or you will cancel it, but you can use the Swiftness from to get out of the way of telegraphed attacks.
- blocks projectiles, while Magnetic Aura from or + reflects them.
- Constantly spam skills to heal thanks to .
- You get Protection when you overload thanks to , and from (which also extends esixting boons).
- is a useful blind, very strong against groups of trash mobs.
- is great for defense, as the elemental will often draw aggro away from you. The earth elemental is quite tanky.
- Your overloads break stun.
- If using Scepter, cleanses 1 condition.
- When taking the Arcane traitline, dodging in Water attunement will cleanse conditions and provide a significant heal. Additionally, it is recommended you attunement swap often to benefit from
You have some sustain in
- heals, cleanses conditions, and applies Regeneration.
- heals a little bit and applies Regeneration.
- heals. Remember you can blast that water field for more healing.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- Melee range enemies that attack you or allies while having Shocking Aura.
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)
- If you need a lot of crowd control you can use so that you and an ally can use .
- You also have a lot of soft crowd control such as or .
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium