Tempest - Condi Tempest
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
An extremely powerful solo build for elementalist. Condi Tempest has decent burst, high DPS, and great survivability. This build does not perform great in a zerg due to a lack of good ranged options, but is a very solid roaming / solo build.
- Easy to play
- High DPS and defense
- Many build variants
- High utility
- Poor sustain
- Elementals disappear when you mount
- Some Variants rely heavily on Burning, which can be annoying against Destroyers or Fire Elementals
- Scepter for slightly more support through blast finishers and a ranged option . Drastically reduces damage output.
- Dagger offhand for more mobility.
- Focus for more survivability at the cost of damage.
- - burst heal.
- - blast finisher.
- or - more defense and support for nearby allies.
- - AoE burst damage from or pulsing blind with .
- - breaks stun and blocks attacks.
- - for mobility.
- - recommended when killing weaker mobs back to back (chain-farming)
- - high AoE damage on a long cooldown, mobility
- - more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set offers the highest DPS but very little defense.
Against very hard content, Trailblazer gear can help smooth out your playstyle as it offers very high defense while keeping most of the DPS of Viper's.
This build is rather flexible due to its high reliance on Burning.
- Dire - Great substitute for Trailblazer's ; run if using this and camp generally.
- Sinister's , Grieving - Possible substitute for Viper's ; run if using this and camp generally.
- - use on any gear set that doesn't have Expertise
- - defensive option similar to
- - Strong defensive option for the Trailblazer's variant
- - higher burst, lower DPS overall for the Viper's variant
- - decent, cheap, and unique option for the Viper's variant
- - strong alternative to
- - may be higher DPS than either standard sigil for the Viper's variant, or better than for the Sinister's / Grieving variant. Needs more testing.
- - helps with condi cleanse, only use on Trailblazer's or Viper's variant.
- - helps with condi cleanse, only use on Viper's variant.
- - can replace on the Viper's or Trailblazer's variants for higher bleed duration
- - strong defensive option for Viper's / Trailblazer's variants.
- - Recommended when chain-farming mobs, replaces
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- , - DPS
- - Budget DPS
- , - Dodges + Might
- , - Gives sustain for the Viper's , Sinister's , and Grieving variants
- - +Dmg, +Karma
- Against any difficult fight, you want to pre-cast your /
- Don't interrupt . Attunement swapping will not interrupt it.
- Activate , , and off-cooldown.
- can provide a high damage elemental in Fire or excellent defensive options in Earth or Water.
- Use blast finishers like and over Fire Fields to give you and your elementals Might.
- Activate your Elemental's skills off-cooldown.
- Use any time you can work it into the rotation, preferably when you have 19+ Might already.
- Your primary damage skills are , , , , and your off-cooldown utility skills. also deals significant damage to large targets.
- Fill gaps in cooldowns with and .
- Constantly spam skills to get the benefit from
- ⇒ is a powerful defensive skill. Combine this with and for additional healing.
- While in Water, you can on a Fire field for Might or inside your for more burst healing. Even without healing power, the full water combo heals for quite a lot.
- grants Protection in addition to projectile hate and increasing the duration of your existing boons.
- is a useful blind, very strong against groups of trash mobs.
- Your overloads break stun.