Tempest - D/Wh Shocking Aura
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
This Tempest PvP build is meant to be played in team fights, usually as the second support on the team. It doesn't directly compete with builds like Support Guard because its main focus isn't to heal, rez or cleanse but to shut down the enemy team through CC and mitigate their damage via Weakness spam from while also dishing out respectable damage. Direct support here is secondary but still important.
- - your healing and group utility is going to take a hit, but having to wait less before gaining access to overloads after swapping attunements makes the playstyle a lot more smooth and reactive. The trait also comes with a damage boost. If you chose this, you might as well consider going Marauder Amulet.
- - more tanky option if you're having trouble surviving.
- - adds a steady stream of Barrier application to the build for extra sustain.
- over Savagery - shifts the focus from CC towards group healing a bit in case you want to lean into the support role.
- This build is intended to be in team fights sharing auras, CC'ing the enemy team, dealing damage, and doing some healing on the side.
- You're not really a support, at least not in a sense that you'd be healing/cleansing/rezing a whole lot. Your role is more about mitigating incoming damage through CC and weakness spam via while setting up kills for the team. The build does have some good options for group healing which you should use whenever necessary, but that is not the main focus here.
- As the build is rather squishy, avoid standing on point as much as possible and don't hesitate to use your defensive cooldowns.
- This build has a decent amount of boon output. Every aura grants Fury and Swiftness to all allies within range. This allows for nearly 100% uptime on these boons. Every Aura you apply to yourself is also shared with nearby teammates!
- Auras in the build:
- from and dagger #3 in . This is your strongest aura, made even stronger by synergy. Great at peeling for allies.
- from plus the trait proc from and .
- from and combos suchs as + .
- from and .
- is an excellent and versatile skill useful injust about any situation. It can deny rez attempts even if the enemy team has stability by yeeting the downed enemy away from them - could even screw with ground targeted rez skills such as . It's great for peeling for teammates or yourself when under pressure as it's a great CC with synergy. is a great mobility skill in general, and of course rushing through low HP enemy targets with it is very good for setting up kills.
- Like most Elementalist builds, this one is most effective when consciously chaining multiple skills together, often involving multiple attunements. Below you'll find some examples of useful small rotations that you could weave into your gameplay. This is just to give you some ideas, you don't have to follow them all the time as PvP is full of unexpected situations you'll have to adapt to on a moment's notice.
- To stack boons right before heading into a team fight, use the following sequence:
- ⇒ . After this you may consider swapping to Earth for ⇒ in the Fire Field, this will result in more boons and a Fire Aura.
- ⇒ ⇒
- Spiking targets:
- ⇒ ⇒ ⇒
- ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ spam. Using Shocking Aura before Overload Air is just a good idea in general as it takes pressure off you and the stun gives less time for opponents to interrupt the channeling, after which you'll get a 2nd Shocking Aura so you get to chain them back to back.
- Healing with 3 combo finishers: ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ ⇒
- Anti-projectile rotation:
- ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ at this point you should probably switch attunements, but if projectiles continue to be a problem wait until the from the overload runs out and do one last Ring of Earth before swapping.
- is reserved primarily as a kiting option to escape damage, but you could also do things such as precasting from a safe distance and teleporting to your target/the capture point right before the channel goes off.
- The only condition removal in the build comes from channeling and . If you're afraid of interrupts, cover with before channeling or teleport to a safe spot (like the high ground or behind a pillar) with .
- is the best support skill in the build, removing conditions from allies in range and healing them as well as granting useful boons.
- is another way to deal with heavy condition pressure in an emergency. Do not start an overload while in Mist Form though or it will be wasted as Mist Form interrupts overloads when it ends.
- Some very rare exceptions include using in Mist Form for unstoppable healing/group cleansing if your team is on the verge of dying, but the water overload's final pulse is usually too valuable to give up on and this should not be used in Mist Form in most cases.
- Consider using immediately after using to extend the duration of the boons applied.
- + is a good method of escape because it provides 2 evade frames, Immobilize, and Fire Aura for Swiftness.
- is a relatively unimportant overload, but it does grant good defensive boons. What you could do under pressure is start the overload, cancel it with weapon stow, and use the Stability from to safely cast or other defensive skills.
Finishing / Reviving
- and can be used to secure a revive or a stomp.
- Note: Mist Form must be activated AFTER starting a revive or stomp; otherwise it won't work.
- Prevent enemy revives and stomps by using , , or .
- is a pulsing AoE blind that can also help to stomp downed foes like Guardians, Revenants, and Necromancers.
- Stack Swiftness for your team before the match starts!
- Switch to before the 10 second countdown even begins.
- The moment the countdown starts cast whilst running towards the exit from spawn, this skill will produce a Static field.
- Right before Overload Air is complete cast for synergy.
- Before swapping out of Air Attunement quickly cast .
- Use then follow up immediately with (both of these are Blast finishers).
- When you're done switch to as you don't want to start fights in Water.
- Twitch: GreenThumbGamers
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade