Tempest - Farming Power Staff
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A long-ranged staff build for elementalist for open world farming with a zerg. This build is primarily focused on dealing area damage in group farms and does not function well solo. Most of the damage of this build comes from AoE pulsing ground attacks, so this build can struggle against very mobile targets.
There are two variants of this build:
- Weaver: this is the default variant, a fully ranged build with even more pulsing AoE ground attacks through and more long range attacks with . On top of that, as a weaver, the cooldown for swapping attunements is much shorter, which greatly benefits this build that, while wanting to use different attunements like all elementalist builds, has the bast majority of its damage tied to Fire Attunement so it wants to return to Fire as soon as possible.
- Tempest: this variant has to be played in melee range but is simpler and provides more melee AoE attacks through and , better tagging potential by using shouts like or , and some boons to your subgroup. However, it greatly suffers from the increased recharge to attunements. If you leave Fire Attunement, it goes on cooldown for 10 seconds, or 20 if you overload, and the bast majority of this build's damage comes from Fire Attunement. But if you never leave Fire Attunement, you obviously cannot cast skills from the other attunements.
Let's explain why we recommened these skills, and alternatives you can consider:
is a great burst heal and povides a boon.
- - potentially the strongest heal if there are 5 enemies in range, plus a blast finisher, but very weak healing if there are no nearby enemies.
- - very situational heal that removes up to 8 conditions throughout its long channeling time. Arcane Shield can help with channellig it without getting interrupted.
- - passive healing over time, but very weak heal on demand, leaving you vulnerable to burst damage.
- When playing the tempest variant, is a weak AoE heal, but also cleanses 1 condition.
provides ranged AoE damage, use it on Fire. provides ranged AoE burst damage. is a stun break and blocks 3 attacks.
- - Good single target damage.
- - great AoE damage but in melee range.
- - Mobility.
- When playing the tempest variant, or provide good AoE tagging and support.
- provides high damage with skills 4 and 5, and mobility with skill 3.
- - Cast it on Fire for damage, on Water for support, healing and Knockback, on Air for a Stun, or on Earth for defense.
- Trait Variants
- - If conditions are a problem.
- - If you lack Fury and swiftness and are using aura traits/utilities.
- - Bonus vitality at the expense of the 10% critical chance from Superior Elements.
Replaces Air. Adds defense and utility at the cost of damage.
- - Improves revive power in zergs.
- - Use this when running with a group that grants lots of boons.
- - Provides good defensive abilities on dodging while in or .
The tempest variant has to be played in melee range but is simpler and provides more melee AoE attacks through and and better tagging potential by using shouts like or , and some boons to your subgroup. However, it greatly suffers from the increased recharge to attunements. If you leave Fire Attunement, it goes on cooldown for 10 seconds, or 20 if you overload, and the bast majority of this build's damage comes from Fire Attunement. But if you never leave Fire Attunement, you obviously cannot cast skills from the other attunements.
- can replace
This build uses the same gear as Build:Weaver_-_Power_DPS, making it a good option for general PVE.
- Ascended gear is not required for open world, exotic works fine.
- Note the second staff is for stacking sigil purposes and is not required.
- This setup provides 100% critical chance with Fury thanks to , , and .
- If you are only going to play the tempest variant, use the gear from Build:Tempest _-_Fresh Air.
- - provides a huge increase to sustain in a zerg.
- - Extra defense in a zerg.
- - Option for more self Might generation.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming.
- - DPS.
- - defense.
- - Damage buff against groups of weaker enemies.
- / - Budget DPS food.
- (and variants) - farming.
- / - DPS.
- - Budget DPS utility.
Damage / Tagging
- Your damage skills are , , , , , , and . Fill in the gaps with auto attacks.
- Use and on large, static groups of enemies or bosses.
- - Very fast small AoE tagging.
- Instant cast single target tagging when attuning to Air in combat.
- - Instant cast wide AoE tagging.
- When playing the tempest variant, is an instant cast AoE tagging. And other shouts are fast cast AoE tagging.
- - Instant cast single target tagging. (if equipped)
Defense & Support
- The best defense is to dodge attacks or get out of the way. Your Dual Attacks provide Swiftness thanks to to help run out of attacks.
- is a powerful defensive evade and movement skill, can be used in any direction by rotating your character.
- inflicts Blinded in a large AoE, useful against groups of trash mobs.
- As a weaver, you can attune to water and then to another element to access to remove conditions, provide Regeneration, and a water field. You can double attune to Water to use for healing and a water field. As a tempest, you access these skills by attuning once.
- , and can be used on water fields for additional area healing or on fire fields for extra might.
- provides Magnetic Aura for projectile reflection.
- If you need more defense, you can slot and use .
- provides 1 stack of personal Stability.
- can be used to block dangerous attacks.
- - Knockback
- - Daze
- and - Stun and Knockback, respectively. These only work if an enemy crosses the edge of the skill, they have no effect on targets that don't cross it.
- and - Soft CC options.
- - From Ice Elemental if equipped.
- - From Air Elemental if equipped.
- If you need a lot of crowd control you can use so that you and an ally can use .
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium