Tempest - Fresh Air
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A Power Tempest build for open world. This build has good burst damage, AoE damage, and boon generation for self and allies, most notably Might and Fury. Through several traits, it also provides AoE Auras to support itself and nearby allies. With the trait , the build can also sacrifice some damage to provide Alacrity to allies.
- If you don't have access to Weaponmaster Training with Secrets of the Obscure, you will not be able to wield a sword. Use scepter instead.
- Scepter - ranged mainhand but much lower damage
- Hammer - lower damage but mid-ranged
provides strong burst heal and a boon based on attunement. Other alternatives are:
- - potentially the strongest heal if there are 5 enemies in range, plus a blast finisher, but very weak healing if there are no nearby enemies.
- - weak heal, but heals in an AoE and also cleanses 1 condition.
- - very situational heal that removes up to 8 conditions throughout its long channelling time.
is here only for the precision buff, so never cast it. If you already have 100% crit chance because you're using Marauder gear, equip a different skill.
has low cooldown, decent damage, and provides Fire Aura for great synergy with the rest of the build.
combines damage, defense, and crowd control. Provides Magnetic Aura to reflect projectiles and for great synergy with the rest of the build.
Other alternatives are:
- provides AoE damage in fire and air, while on earth it will blind trash mobs.
- - spawn a small elemental army that dies when you mount up, good for fighting strong bosses.
- - area Frost Aura for more boons and damage reduction.
- - additional condition cleanse.
- - for mobility.
- Your overloads break stun when cast, but if you want a dedicated stun break you can use , which also blocks 3 attacks. It has a long cooldown so, if more frequent stun breaks are preferred over the block, try or .
- - very situational skill that can be considered against certain bosses with oneshot attacks.
- - when there are no nearby allies or elementals to share auras to with .
- - sacrifices defense for extra damage. The loss of Stability from may cause you to be interrupted while using an Overload, so be careful about that.
- - use in groups to provide allies with Alacrity.
Ascended gear is not required, exotics work just fine.
This set uses gear that can be used throughout all of PVE.
- Other relics include , , and .
- Equip the highest tier Jade Core you can afford.
- In open world, you can consider using Marauder gear instead of Berserker to sacrifice a small amount of damage for a massive health increase.
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- (and variants)
resets the cooldown of every time you critically strike while attuned to a different attunement. This includes resetting the cooldown of . Thus, the idea behind the build is to use Overload Air, attune to another element and maybe use some skills of that element, and then return to Air, triggering , the extra ferocity from Fresh Air, and the extra damage from .
You should also use off-cooldown for its damage and Might generation. As this creates a fire field, you can use combo finishers to provide yourself and nearby allies with 25 might (See: Guide:What are Combo Fields).
You will activate with , , and .
Against bosses and other strong enemies, try to follow this opener:
- while getting close to the enemy.
- auto attack until you can
- For extra damage, use your utility skills such as when you attune back to Air and are under all these damage modifiers: , , and .
In this build, on top of their normal benefits, Auras also provide Fury and Swiftness thanks to , which is great because you really want Fury. You have several skills that produce auras, including your overloads thanks to :
Elementals are really good allies in any open world elementalist build. Their only downside is that they die when you mount up. Consider summoning a few elementals before fighting bosses or other tough enemies.
Glyph of Lesser Elementals
summons one elemental for 2 minutes. If you cast it off cooldown, you can have 3 elementals alive almost always.
- The Lesser Fire Elemental deals good melee range AoE strike damage and Burning, and provides Might. It has the highest AoE damage of all Lesser Elementals.
- The Lesser Ice Elemental deals very low damage and inflicts a lot of Chill (80-90% uptime) through an ice combo field.
- The Lesser Air Elemental deals great single target damage and generates Swiftness. It has the second best damage behind Fire, but it's single target.
- The Lesser Earth Elemental deals low damage, inflicts Weakness, and is very tanky.
Glyph of Elementals
Elementals have the same attacks and behaviour as Lesser Elementals, but can be commanded to do an additional skill.
- The Fire Elemental can be commanded to deal damage and Burning in an AoE.
- The Ice Elemental can be commanded to deal damage in an AoE, while healing nearby allies by 6401, knocking back enemies, and removing 1 condition.
- The Air Elemental can be commanded to Stun for 1.5 seconds.
- The Earth Elemental can be commanded to inflict nearby enemies with 1 second of Immobilize and 5 seconds of Cripple, while providing 3 seconds of Protection to nearby allies.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. You have permanent Swiftness so you can run around enemies while they die to your AoEs. You cannot dodge while doing an Overload or you will cancel it, but you can use that swiftness to get out of the way of telegraphed attacks.
- is great for defense, as the elemental will often draw aggro away from you. The earth elemental is quite tanky.
- You get Stability when you overload thanks to .
- You get Protection when you overload thanks to , from (which also extends existing boons) and from when cast in Earth.
- Magnetic Aura from or + reflects projectiles.
- can be used in emergencies to cleanse 5 conditions and heal you a little. However, you will lack sustain as you'll lose access to due to the increased cooldown after overloading.
- is great for chipping away at breakbars with its crippled and immobilize. It also gives you stability at the start, and the lingering storm provides protection.
- Heal yourself with skills, especially and
- Evade damage by dodging or using and .
- This build has a lot of CC, use it to your advantage.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium