Tempest - Fresh Air
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Fresh Air Tempest is a Power-based Tempest build with good area damage by spamming thanks to . It also provides some boons through aura generation.
- Scepter is recommended because this build spends a lot of time casting , and scepter's air skills can be casted during the channel.
- Dagger (mainhand) - more mobility and AoE, less blast finishers, less range.
- Dagger (offhand) - higher mobility, lower DPS
- Staff - use in zergs for ranged area damage, see Build:Tempest - Staff Tempest
- - the strongest heal if there are enemies in range, plus a blast finisher, but underperforms if there are no nearby enemies.
- - passive sustain.
- - good AoE heal and also cleanses 1 condition.
- - removes up to 8 conditions but has a long channeling time.
- Never use the active of Fire Signet, you only want it for the precision buff. If you already have 100% crit chance, use a different skill.
- Feel the Burn provides decent damage and boons, but can be replaced by for stronger single target burst.
- Arcane Wave provides strong AoE burst damage, and can be replaced by for more damage over time.
- - area Frost Aura for more boons and damage reduction, and to chill enemies.
- - area Magnetic Aura for more boons and projectile reflection, and to impair enemies.
- - for mobility.
- - breaks stun and blocks attacks.
- - very useful for Scepter to fill spaces between cooldowns.
- - gives you a very strong pet.
- - great against certain enemies with oneshot attacks.
- - if there are no nearby allies for to share the auras from .
- - if nearby allies are already providing fury.
- - AoE stunbreak but less auras.
Arcane can replace Water for less damage but more sustain.
- casts a spell when dodging:
- Dodging in fire burns nearby foes.
- Dodging in water heals and removes 1 condi.
- Dodging in air blinds trash mobs.
- Dodging in earth cripples and bleeds foes, and does a blast finisher.
- - can be considered if running more than one Arcane skill but you will lose the quality of life of Evasive Arcana.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats. This set uses gear similar to its raid counterpart and is useful for general PVE.
- If you can afford the luxury of a gear set tailored for open world, use full Marauder with , and . Combine it with crit food such as and Fury for 100% crit chance and high damage, and you no longer need to slot .
- - budget DPS, replaces Impact sigil.
- - less damage, more boons.
- - less power, more crits.
- Knight, Soldier - can be mixed with other sets to increase defense.
- , - defense.
- , - defensive sigils.
Prioritize ascended food over everything else; steak (power) and flatbread (conditions). Using cheap/budget food is perfectly acceptable in open world.
and offer the highest damage when solo, and have good budget options in + . Run against trash for a very high damage buff.
for more dodges, for sustain against trash.
Run and (or its other variants) when trying to maximize gold per hour.
resets the cooldown of every time the elementalist crits while attuned to a different attunement. This includes resetting the cooldown of . Thus, the build just keeps going into Air Attunement continually triggering , the extra ferocity from Fresh Air, and the extra damage from .
You should try to use your damage skills while under the effects of these buffs.
The build is extremely simple and revolves around spamming over and over, casting your Arcane skills / and/or (in air attunement) in between, and other filler skills:
In Fire, use + + for blast finishers in the fire field.
In Water, use .
In Air, use . Spam + whenever ready.
In Earth, use
In Fire, use + + (you can leave Fire during the casting of Drake's Breath)
In water, use preferably inside a fire field.
In Air, use and . Air also has the strongest auto attack.
In Earth, use , , .
If taking , use it right before Overload Air, overload, swap attunement, then cast and while going back to Air, then drop the sword and continue with your normal skills.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. You have permanent swiftness so you can run around enemies while they die to your AoEs.
- , used in , creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Consider to block dangerous attacks that you struggle to dodge.
- Starting an overload gives you stability thanks to .
- Attuning to Water gives some healing from and .
- heals a bit.
- You can create a water field with and then blast it with or for area healing.
- cleanses a condition.
- You can run against enemies with several conditions.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- in Water gives you regeneration.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and .
- ⇒ (Dagger Only)
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade