Tempest - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Also known as Fresh Air Scepter/Warhorn Tempest, this is an old Heart of Thorns build which has now become one of the best AoE burst damage builds in the game.
- Fresh Air Tempest relies on spamming and resetting its cooldown with . This, combined with its high damage AoE skills, makes it excel at killing adds and trash mobs. In addition, Tempest provides a lot of Vulnerability, deals excellent burst damage on large hitboxes, and provides a unique damage buff to its party through 's Static Discharge.
- This guide is focused on raids. For the fractal version see Tempest - Power DPS (Fractal).
- will provide the highest uptime in very low damage fights (i.e. fights where you never press your healing skill).
- for a strong group heal.
- if extra condition cleanse is needed.
- on Keep Construct.
- instead of on Keep Construct.
- The opening burst focuses on using all available cooldowns.
- Cast from afar then begin channeling . Ideally you time the cast to finish on top of the enemy the moment combat begins.
- , and swap to as soon as you begin casting.
- , , ,
- If is available, use it immediately after .
- If it is on a ~35 second cooldown, pick it up off the ground.
- Do , 1 auto attack chain, and drop the weapon.
- If is available and is not, use immediately after .
- Pick up the second Fiery Greatsword from the ground immediately after 1 loop after you have already done so with the Lightning Hammer.
- Do , , and drop the weapon as soon as the cast bar finishes to skip the massive aftercast.
- In , always cast , , , and when they are available.
- Cast after dropping your conjured weapon or, if you don't have one, immediately when it is available.
- Do not delay the cast of to cast . You can cast it after, and swap to your next attunement mid-cast.
- Immediately after finishing , swap to either or .
- If either or are available, swap to them for key skills then immediately return to to maintain high uptime of .
- Prioritize first. Cast any of the following skills if available: , , and then return to air.
- After casting , swap to and cast before returning to .
- If your next swap to will allow you to use , and together, wait for to come off cooldown rather than delay it by swapping to .
- If is about to expire, wait for rather than swap to .
- When swapping to , cast and leave as fast as possible. Doing this slowly can be a DPS decrease over simply waiting for cooldown.
- Cast whenever it's available - it doesn't interrupt other channels.
- If you don't have a conjured weapon available, simply use the auto-attack in Air until your overload is ready.
- Step back from the boss before casting to maximize the hits you get from it.
- If you're unable to do the water attunement section very fast it works out to be a DPS loss, so if you're not confident in your speed you can simply skip that section.