Thief - Core P/D Condition
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A core condition damage Thief build for PvP, designed to roam the map and quickly overwhelm targets with a wide variety of conditions.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- - better map control.
- - another stun break and easy stealth / access.
- - a bursty option and a replacement for the nerfed .
- - AoE burst damage that can cover an entire capture point on some maps.
- - passive mobility and the active adds a lot of cover conditions to burst combos. The passive makes it possible to drop and take a stronger rune like or .
This slot largely depends on personal preferences, every skill is viable to some degree:
- makes it easier to land your burst and can be shared with your allies.
- is a bit of a meme option, but if you share with them their combined burst could catch people offguard.
- For a less Poison focused build you could take . This is going to cost you some damage but adds more utility to the build through CD resets and an additional charge of stolen skills.
- Take if more condition cleansing is needed against the enemy comp.
If you don't need the passive mobility speed boost of Lynx, replace it with either one of the following runes:
- - higher burst damage.
- - good stats and the the anti-condition aspect could help in mirror matchups, or against any other condi build in general.
- - damage proc whenever you use , or any Deception skills.
- - extra damage and more condition variety on your spam, but has a 20s cooldown.
- Share your venom(s) with as many allies as possible, including pets and minions.
- Use to move between capture points. Your job is to roam the map and +1 fights by bursting down targets who have no cleansing / no cooldowns left.
- is going to be used more freely here compared to other builds as it's not an interrupt in this build. Steal applies various cover conditions such as Vulnerability from or Bleeding from , fitting nicely into your burst combos.
- Most of the damage in this build comes from the ⇒ chain and the occasional . You should spend most of your initiative on these skills.
- Once you have access to it's possible to spam this skill 2 times in a row without having to refresh with Shadow Strike.
- is more of a niche skill. It could be useful for rooting targets in place, making it easier to land Shadow Strike, but you should try to do it without Bola Shot to save initiative whenever possible. Another thing you could do is root targets in place to make sure your brust doesn't miss, or that they don't catch up to you while spamming Repeater.
- is okay for some ranged poking vs multiple targets if you can't get in range for Shadow Strike and don't want to switch to bow just yet.
- provides relatively easy stealth access which could be followed up with . However doing ⇒ is generally better as it's more damage and SS has a way shorter cast time than CnD, making it easier to pull off (especially under pressure). This is more of a niche defensive/utility skill, allowing you to catch a break while under attack or safestomp downed enemies.
Utility weapon, secondary set
- is a bit of a weak filler skill in this build that you can spam when weapon swap is on CD and you're out of initiative.
- being a spammable blast finisher has high value for your team when it comes to blasting fields for AoE Stealth.
- Its chain skill is a solid source of downed cleave.
- provides access to some evasion in case you're being focused by the enemy team and your defensive skills are on CD. Remains usable even while Immobilized, but it's somewhat expensive.
- Use on downed enemies especially if they are being revived - Poison decreases healing received by 33% which affects resurrecting speed and the initial strike interrupts foes.
- is the #1 skill for moving around the map in general, cuts down on travel time between capture points drastically.
- Thief - Core P/D Roamer - WvW version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium