Thief - Core P/D Condition
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A core condition Thief burst build for sPvP, designed to roam the map and quickly overwhelm targets with a wide variety of conditions.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- - better map control.
- - another stun break and easy stealth / access.
- - a bursty option and a replacement for the nerfed .
- - could be used to gain extra sustain, mask group movements, cloak downed allies, or disengage safely.
This slot largely depends on personal preferences, every skill is viable to some degree: !
- makes it easier to land your burst and can be shared with your allies.
- is a bit of a meme option, but if you share with them their combined burst could catch people offguard.
- For a less Poison focused build you could take . This is going to cost you some damage but adds more utility to the build through CD resets and an additional charge of stolen skills.
- Share your venom(s) with as many allies as possible, including pets and minions.
- Use to move between capture points. Your job is to roam the map and +1 fights by bursting down targets who have no cleansing / no cooldowns left.
- is going to be used more freely here compared to other builds as it's not an interrupt in this build. Steal applies various cover conditions such as Vulnerability from or Bleeding from , fitting nicely into your burst combos.
- Steal grants you Stealth via which could be useful for a couple of things. One, this means you have an instant access to AND it teleports you into melee range so you can follow that up with Shadow Strike and Repeater. Or you could just use the instant stealth defensively to disappear for a few seconds and reposition yourself.
- Note: stealing without a target still grants you stealth, so in rare emergency situations you could do this if you don't want to be teleproted into melee range.
- Most of the damage in this build comes from the ⇒ chain and the occasional . You should spend most of your initiative on these skills.
- Once you have access to it's possible to spam this skill 2 times in a row without having to refresh with Shadow Strike.
- is more of a niche skill. It could be useful for rooting targets in place, making it easier to land Shadow Strike, but you should try to do it without Bola Shot to save initiative whenever possible. Another thing you could do is root targets in place to make sure your brust doesn't miss, or that they don't catch up to you while spamming Repeater.
- is okay for some ranged poking vs multiple targets if you can't get in range for Shadow Strike and don't want to switch to bow just yet.
- provides relatively easy stealth access which could be followed up with . However doing ⇒ is generally better as it's more damage and SS has a way shorter cast time than CnD, making it easier to pull off (especially under pressure). This is more of a niche defensive/utility skill, allowing you to catch a break while under attack or safestomp downed enemies.
Utility weapon, secondary set
- is a bit of a weak filler skill in this build that you can spam when weapon swap is on CD and you're out of initiative.
- being a spammable blast finisher has high value for your team when it comes to blasting fields for AoE Stealth.
- Its chain skill is a solid source of downed cleave.
- provides access to some evasion in case you're being focused by the enemy team and your defensive skills are on CD. Remains usable even while Immobilized, but it's somewhat expensive.
- Use on downed enemies especially if they are being revived - Poison decreases healing received by 33% which affects resurrecting speed and the initial strike interrupts foes.
- is the #1 skill for moving around the map in general, cuts down on travel time between capture points drastically.
- Thief - Core P/D Roamer - WvW version.