Untamed - Fervent Quickness
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Power Untamed is a power-based build for the untamed specialization that focuses on Crowd Control (CC) to reduce its cooldowns thanks to , and gain a bit of quickness thanks to . Because of that, this build requires a very active playstyle and some learning to do before you can unleash its full power.
- Sword mainhand: can replace axe mainhand. Axe has better damage, range, and some might generation; while sword has a dash.
Exploding Spores is key to the build. "Protect Me!" is a stun break and can be swapped as needed. Frost Trap is a very flexible spot and can be swapped as needed.
- - another CC skill.
- - passive toughness + panic button
- - stunbreak + evade
- - stunbreak + quickness
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - 5% more damage when the extra CC is not needed.
- - if more dodges are required, or when not running any trap.
This build uses the same gear as power ranger builds for raids for ease of gearing.
- Marauder - defensive gear
- , - defense
- - more quickness
- - if you can't reliable flank to benefit from
- - defensive
If you can afford the luxury of a gear set tailored for open world only and want more defense, use the following gear:
- This provides about 50% more health, and 90% crit chance, or 100% while flanking thanks to .
- Consider instead of Force when soloing.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - ascended feast
- , , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
The build requires a lot of button pressing to reach its true potential. In short, you are going to to use CC skills, and to use damage skills. You want to use the damage skills while you are unleashed to do more damage thanks to , and you unleash the pet to do CC because hammer only does CC when the pet is unleashed.
To quickly and at a glance know who is unleashed, look at your pet UI. If the pet skills are visible, like , you are unleashed, do extra damage, and can command the pet to use its skills. If the untamed pet skills are visible, like , your pet is unleashed, you take less damage, and can command the pet to use its untamed skills. Your pet doesn't actually gain any benefit from unleash, it only changes the skills you can command it to do.
To simplify, unleash your pet to do CC with your hammer, and unleash yourself to do damage.
Hammer is your main weapon, you can technically play 100% of the time in this weapon set. Its skills are clearly divided:
- Skills 2 and 4 are damage skills and should be used when you are unleashed.
- Skills 3 and 5 are CC skills and should be used when your pet is unleashed and your damage skills are on cooldown.
- Axe offhand
In the axe offhand weapon set, always stay unleashed. Skill 4 is a CC skill and all other axe skills are damage skills. Use in melee range for maximum damage.
- Other sources of CC
- will knock down enemies hit by all spores, so only those in the very middle. This makes it harder to CC small enemies with this skill, but it should be trivial on big enemies.
- Your pet skills also CC, but this CC does not count towards . With Smokescale, Takedown (F1). And with Rock Gazelle, (F2) and Charge(F3).
- Because of , doing CC while unleashed grants you quickness. Unfortunately, your hammer only does CC when your pet is unleashed. This leaves and as your sources of quickness, always cast them while unleashed.
- As you master this build, know that you can start the cast of or and then very quickly Unleash youself. This way, the Crowd Control will occur while you are unleashed, and will give you Quickness from .
- For a build more focused on quickness, use and .
Use the damage skills detailed above, then use your CC skills detailed above to reduce your cooldowns. Thanks to and your berserker gear you will have very high crit chance, or 99% when attacking from behind due to .
- - you take no damage during this, and then it heals you for 50% of your missing health. By proccing so often, this skill will have a very low cooldown.
- - reduces damage taken by 50% by 10 seconds, and its cooldown is reduced by 1 second each time you strike during that time. Combine if with or to significantly reduce its cooldown. And with on top, you will have good uptime of this massive damage reduction.
- Your Unleashed Ambush skills or heal you a little bit, and more for each target hit due to .
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade