Vindicator - Power Vindicator
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Power Vindicator is a very strong power DPS build for general open world that maintains extremely high dodge uptime and deals great area DPS as well as moderate single-target dps. It can also provide Stability for 5 allies when using as well permanent Protection and 10 stacks of Might, plus extended durations on all boons on allies when using instead of .
While the altered dodge mechanic requires some time to get used to it, it provides a very satisfying playstyle, especially in OW scenarios where triggers frequently.
- provides you with a larger toolkit through the flip mechanic (sources of Quickness, additional Might, Fury, Regeneration, Resolution and Protection) and higher single-target damage, but is more diffult to execute well compared to .
- For some additional survivability, you can use and ; many of your abilities (including dodge with ) apply stacks of Vulnerability. is not as strong as it used to be, but still a very easy-going way to increase your survivability.
- For a strong boost to group utlity and personal survivability at the cost of a moderate chunk of your damage, can be used to increase the duration of all boons on allies as well as permanent area Protection and Might. The boons are shown in the ingame tooltip.
- Retribution increases your survivability versus harder enemies noticeably.
- Retribution offers an additional 25% endurance regeneration, which results in 100% when paired with Vigor and .
- It also increases Vigor uptime through evading while dodging and provides a good amout of passive healing through .
Ascended gear is not required.
- Staff can be used for large amounts of CC damage through as well as some area healing and an additional block through .
- The is not required (you can use as well), but it increases your uptime on Vigor and Fury as well as overall boon duration at the cost of some damage.
- The triggers on every mob that grants experience, resulting in infinite dodges in general OW roaming as long as you keep killing enemies. Note that this does not require you to get the killing blow, you just need to damage the enemy enough to gain experience from its death.
- For a further endurance boost, you can also use two and weapon swap whenever you need endurance.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - dps
- (and variants) - farming
- - dps
- Your main sources of damage are your dodges and greatsword skills. Priority is placed on and dodges, while and are used as fillers in between auto attacks. If in Shiro, keep up and when in Jalis, maintain .
- For CC, using a Staff and is the best option, combined with . Those two skills combined break most CC bars easily.
- can be used to provide area Stability.
- Your main sources of healing are your two healing skills as well as passive sources of healing from , or if you decide to use them.
- is a short-cooldown block that you can (and should) use instead of dodging to avoid incoming damage. This is because your dodges should be timed so that you maintain the passive benefits from either or .
- Both elite skills should only be used as a last resort when other sources of CC or defense are not available.
- If using :
- is an evade that also grants resistance and regeneration
- can be used to remove multiple allies from yourself or allies as well as providing some healing and endurance gain when removing conditions.
- is an AoE Stunbreak that also grants protection
More detailed information on the build and rotation is given in the video down below:
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade